Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
NastyNate

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

What are folks general thoughts on the new Gundam Musou game?

I'm glad it was announced. I really hope for Sandrock. Anyone else with me on that? :D I don't like the graphics as much as I did in DWG3. However I do like them. I'm really glad they are having scenario mode. I liked scenario mode from DWG2 more than I did the mash up one in 3. I like playing through the tv series and stuff. I hope they have multiplayer lobbies this time around too.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
InjuredPelican

BrentD15 wrote: Well, I didn't play Alliance vs. ZAFT 2 Plus, so I wouldn't know. :oops:
Its still a solid game, in my opinion. Worth a play even if you don't like SEED/Destiny (like myself).
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
AGF-Antoine

Xenosynth wrote:ALSO Apparently the next contest for Gundam Breaker, the winner's MS will be featured in Build Fighters. Pretty sure it's the contest on Gundam Perfect Games. We'll have to see what the winner is. My personal entry, Gun-Fury. (Subject to change given that I cannot decide which would be best)
I will enter the contest as well, this will be my entry.

It's name is still pending and I still need the Strike Freedom's Super Lacerta Beam Sabers.
I used the God Gundam's God Slashers as stand-in for now.

Also, I am very excited for Shin Gundam Musou.

AGF-Antoine
Xenosynth

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/09/p ... deo-5.html

New Promo.

-Anti-Beam Mantle is a shield.
-Gundam hammer is a new weapon.
-The 7 previously mentioned additions (X, ZZ, Turn A, Crossbone X1, Destiny, Dreissen, and Build Strike)
- Armed Armor is a set of arms instead of separate weapons. I assume they'll function like the Qubeley arms, being able to equip the armed armor weapons or use normal ones and just look cool.
- New moves (X Satellite Cannon, Turn A's beam shower thing, Turn A Spinning Beam Sabers, moonlight butterfly, ZZ High Mega Cannon, Crossbone X1 using the blades in the feet, as well as the scissor anchors, Destiny's Palm cannon)
- Build Strike using a very very very strange rifle at some point.
- Team Attack and Area Raid shown. Can't really tell if they are PVP modes or normal missions where the enemies also have a score.
- The end mentions the build strike being a first print bonus. Again, useless since it's going to be an HG gift like the Hyaku Shiki, and just like the Hyaku Shiki and Freedom, it's going to be droppable in the final game anyway, so kinda pointless since the HG parts have really bad endgame stats.
BrentD15

I have a question about Gundam Breaker.
What is the status about parts from transformable MS, like Gaplant, Hambrabi, Gaza-C, Bawoo, etc?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
NastyNate

Hopefully they show off what this "Custom" psvita is going to look like soon. If it's really awesome it might be tempting to trade mine out for that.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

InjuredPelican

Oh man, so much love for Turn A. 3 different attacks built in. SO awesome.

Also, Saviour Gundam's backpack is in! Its blue in the first video, but unmistakable. I wonder if only that part will be included or the rest of it as well.

Too bad no Double X, but at least regular X is in still. And Gundam Hammer. Glad to see that as well, will only serve to make my Turn A even better....
"And so I fight for the Moonrace. However, I am also fighting for the Earthrace! I fight against anyone who does not cherish their people's lives! No matter who they are, I will fight against them!"
-Loran Cehack
NastyNate

I prefer x over double x.

NastyNate

I did not get to watch the trailer earlier. I just checked the screen shots. After watching the trailer I did not realize how awesome this game looks. I'm really excited about playing it now. So the vita version does not have online play only local. But it did show a picture and say cross play and cross save. I wonder if that means you can play local with a ps3 just not over online or something.

If I can buy the ps3 version and vita version and invite a friend over and have them play on the ps3 and I'll play on the vita or vice versa sounds like a lot of fun. :D

InjuredPelican

NastyNate wrote:I prefer x over double x.
Well ya know, preference is preference. I still wish Original Wing was in (which i prefer over Zero) as well as Shining Gundam and Exia. Some of the "lesser" gundams would be fun to use too, not just the big main upgraded Gundams.
-Loran Cehack
NastyNate

I like Wing over Zero too. 8)

Xenosynth

Brent: Besides Zeta there arent' really too many transformable MS. However, they cannot transform. Basically it'd be a bit useless with the gameplay, and besides, you'd need a complete MS with the same everything as the original to have it work, so yeah. It'd be too much of a pain to program in.

Edit: I can't seem to find the Saviour backpack. Are you guys sure you didn't mix it up with one of the Build Strike's backpack appearance? Screenshot where you saw it, I'm really curious since I like the Saviour.
CloudFF7

Looking forward to the new Musou game, hoping they put back all the CCA MS units they took out in the last release, and it seems all the DLC units from the last game will be in this one, only this time they included in the ms roster from the start, and of course space battle areas are back, the developers must have realized removing those was a mistake(Zeong and Balls used on the ground thats blasphemy). Here my MS units wishlist:

Gundam Dendrobium Stamen
Neue Ziel
Delta Plus
Rozen Zulu
Vigna Ghina(give Cecily her own suit)
Victory Gundam(with temporary transforming into V-Dash doing certain attacks)
GunBlaster
Rig Contio
Gundam Spiegel(give Schwarz his own suit)
Dragon Gundam
Nobel Gundam
Gundam Sandrock Custom
Altron Gundam(have a cutscene with Dragon Gundam)
Gundam Virsago CB
Gundam Ashtaron HC
SUMO Gold Type
Kapool Corin Custom
Aile Strike Gundam(with temporary transforming into Sword and Launcher doing certain attacks)
Aile Strike Rouge
Aegis Gundam
Freedom Gundam
Justice Gundam
Providence Gundam
Akatsuki Gundam
Zaku Warrior Luna Custom(stop using Char's Zaku)
Force Impulse Gundam(with temporary transforming into Sword and Blast doing certain attacks)
Legend Gundam
halo1000

Luna's custom Zaku warrior seems likely given that the standard Zaku Warrior appears to be a new grunt unit in one of the screenshots.
BrentD15

I'm hoping for the Gundam Visargo and Gundam Ashtaron. :D
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
NastyNate

I didn't know those by name. I had to look them up. The Frost Brothers Gundams... I could see it this time.

BrentD15

NastyNate wrote:I didn't know those by name. I had to look them up. The Frost Brothers Gundams... I could see it this time.
They even have a unique 2-man special.
They make their Satellite Cannon. :D
NastyNate

Ps3 extreme vs full boost just announced. Grr this one better have 4 player split screen!!!! YAAAARRRR!!!! I was so angry I skipped entirely the first extreme vs.! Such a waist!!! Ultimate party game potential!! Smash bros with Gundams! Except it's a shooter. (:P Dylan trolololol)

AmuroNT1

The official website classifies it as a "Team Battle Action" game. Not a shooter. :P

Anyway, what we know about the home version:
-Release sometime in 2014
-20 more new MS for a total of over 90 playable MS
-New series, Wing TV and EXA
-More new authentic anime songs
-Premium Sound Edition that will have 30 extra tracks and 5 extra BGMs*
Online Improvements
-Arcade Mode now has Online Co-op
-Enables more precise matching by setting limit on rank and winning percentage
-One room can have up to 12 people

(*Don't bother with the Premium Sound Edition. They did the same thing with Kamen Rider Battride War, and all that basically amounts to is "Pay $20-30 extra so you can be lazy and not have to upload the original anime theme songs to your PS3 to use as Custom Soundtracks". So do yourself a favor, save the money and just put your own music in the damn thing.)
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
InjuredPelican

Xenosynth wrote:Brent: Besides Zeta there arent' really too many transformable MS. However, they cannot transform. Basically it'd be a bit useless with the gameplay, and besides, you'd need a complete MS with the same everything as the original to have it work, so yeah. It'd be too much of a pain to program in.

Edit: I can't seem to find the Saviour backpack. Are you guys sure you didn't mix it up with one of the Build Strike's backpack appearance? Screenshot where you saw it, I'm really curious since I like the Saviour.
Ah, damn. You're right, its the Build Strike's backpack. Looks a ton like a blue Savior's backpack at first glance, especially with the wings and cannons arranged that way. I guess its kind of like having the Saviour's backpack at least. I could make a mock up.
-Loran Cehack