Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Outlaw

Re: Official Gundam Games & Upcoming Releases Thread Mk IV

I'm considering importing Gundam AGE for the PSP but, there are a couple things still nagging at me that I haven't been able to find any info on and was wondering if someone here knew:

1. Does it have actual custom characters or is it just premade extra characters for the player to choose from.
2. Has anyone heard or seen anything about being able to change the color of MS parts? While I love the customization feature it would kinda be a buzz kill having to go out in a suit with horribly mismatched colors.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
ChroniK

For the SD Gundam G-Generation Over World, is that thing called Mobage "Gundam Royale", or is it just Gundam Royale or just Mobage?
"They have been waiting all this time. Waiting while time stood still around them. However, time has begun to flow again. Because of Cardeas Vist's actions." - Full Frontal
AmuroNT1

Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Kuruni

So a Char Clone (God Phoenix) is on your side?

And Destiny Impulse actually look WAY nore awesome than Destiny, with combine Excalibur nonetheless.
My girlfriend was a loli.
AmuroNT1

It's interesting to note that one of the new mechanics, Wars Impact, will cause allied units to turn on you. It's implied that this is part of the original storyline, so we don't know they whys quite yet.

Also, I noticed that G-Unit's Rosshe Natono seems to have changed voices. In G Gen F, he was played by Ryo Horikawa (Kou Uraki); a friend of mine observed that in the trailer for Overworld, he sounds like Tetsuya Kakihara (Angelo Sauper).

And let's not forget the amazing shock that Cagalli is actually voiced in one of these things for the first time since...heck, I dunno, Alliance vs ZAFT 2 I think? They must have really kissed Naomi Shindoh's butt to make her come back, if all those rumors are true.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
NastyNate

The gundam age psp game is now out. Has anyone played this one yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0XODuZGBj4
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
bullethead

NastyNate wrote:The gundam age psp game is now out. Has anyone played this one yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0XODuZGBj4
I'm playing Cosmic Drive. It's okay, but figuring out a lot of the MS customization stuff is downright impossible.

Thankfully, Level 5 made the game in such a way that translating it is really easy. Someone on /m/ has already translated the main menu.
Xenosynth

Playing Universe Accel atm. I like it. THe only thing that bothers me is that I have an OCD-ish tendency to hate mismatched colors on suits ~_~ And there are no color options. Beyond that though, game is one of the more fun PSP games I've played in recent times.

Looking forward to Overworld. It's going to have about 200 more units than World did, and hopefully it restores some of the UC ones that were in SPirits but not in this (Xamel, Juaggu, Agguy, and AoZ units ring to mind.)
NastyNate

I got the game this morning and might try it out today. I also got the new Rurouni kenshin psp game that came out on the same day. Which is practically the exact same game as the first.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

bullethead

Xenosynth wrote:Looking forward to Overworld. It's going to have about 200 more units than World did, and hopefully it restores some of the UC ones that were in SPirits but not in this (Xamel, Juaggu, Agguy, and AoZ units ring to mind.)
Yeah, I'm looking forward to Overworld too, but I do wish wish that they made the game on some other platform (one that could be emulated), since it would give them a little more room for units and characters.

I just hope it's easy to translate the menus and what not.
NastyNate

What is Overworld?

branman88

NastyNate wrote:What is Overworld?
The new SD Gundam game for the PSP.
I AM THE CHOSEN CHILD OF GETTER!
Gelgoog Jager

About the PSP Gundam Age game, I want to ask if anyone knows if you can actually play on the Vagan side? From what little I have seen about the game, it seems that the main story is on the EF side.
Xenosynth

No. You only play the main story. Certain sequences have been edited though, and animated (Such as a very nice Zeydra vs Age-2 Artimes sequence.) So it's a very fun new thing. Also, there is a custom mission mode, where you can unlock almost all the Vagan MS (Except the larger ones, at least from what I can see) as well as suits from either UC or CE/AD depending on the version. The story itself goes all the way through the ending of the anime.
NastyNate

If you don't speak japanese I would not suggest you get the game. The game is 70 percent conversations and 30 percent mech gameplay. I don't think it is very fun. If they brought it to the states in english I would get it but not understanding the text unlike most import Gundam games, this one is not worth getting.

Xenosynth

Hrm, well, it is a lot of dialogue, but honestly? I played it because I loved Danball Senki, and I love Gundam. I personally find the gameplay and part switching very fun. Maybe it was easier for me to pick up on because I have a basic knowledge of japanese, but honestly I didn't pay all too much attention to the story. And after you finish the story, all the bonus missions/crossover missions don't really have dialogue since... they are just missions for getting parts and unlocking new things.
bullethead

Actually, the AGE game has turned out to really easy to translate, so you might see a patch for the menus in a few weeks and the whole game in a few months.
ChroniK

"They have been waiting all this time. Waiting while time stood still around them. However, time has begun to flow again. Because of Cardeas Vist's actions." - Full Frontal
bullethead

ChroniK wrote:Website Update
http://pgdp.channel.or.jp/gundam/ggow/list/org.html#01
http://pgdp.channel.or.jp/gundam/ggow/game/world.html
Does anybody know the name of the characters and ms?
Supposedly the guy is Code Phoenix, piloting the Master Pheonix.

The chick is Aphrodia and her MS is Halphas Bees.
stagrider

Is she related to the girl that asked the player to fight Halphas Gundam from the last game?