What's Your Latest Game? Mk III

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
Red Comet90

Re: What's Your Latest Game? Mk III

I recently beat Assassin's Creed: Revalations. I was way behind on the series for a really long time. Next on the chopping block will be Assassin's Creed III and Halo 4. I hope both games live up to their predecessors.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Turinu

Got Halo 4. Next up... I dunno. Maybe Assassin's Creed 3 if I get the monies.

If you wanna bugger me into games on Halo 4, my gamertag is Turinu. :o
SlowTurtle

Picked up Zone of the Enders HD Collection and Halo 4 this week.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
--Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: Generations
VR7

yes, because I've never played an X-COM game before

X-COM: Apocalypse.
-noel
quasadra

SlowTurtle wrote:Picked up Zone of the Enders HD Collection and Halo 4 this week.
is the ZOE's framerate really as bad as the internetz puts it?
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
Outlaw

quasadra wrote:is the ZOE's framerate really as bad as the internetz puts it?
My brother picked it up on the 360 and I watched him play through all of ZOE1 and the beginning of ZOE2 and I don't recall seeing anything of note. Of course, I can't speak for the PS3 version.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
SlowTurtle

The PS3 version runs just like the old PS2 games did. No frame rate drop that I saw.
"Someone once told me that time is a predator that stalks us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment because they'll never come again."
VR7

not transfarring enabled

The games are playable from start to finish with no real problems, if that's what you mean.

The PS3 version runs at 30-40 fps on average, the 360 version runs at about 35-50 fps. The 360 version generally runs better than the PS3 version. Both versions have some rare bouts of 50-60 fps, but it's usually sections where very little to nothing is being rendered. Some graphics also glitch out, there is a lot of pausing and freezing between trophy collecting (apparently) and the starting of cutscenes, and apparently there are some game-breaking bugs that freeze the games and/or ruin trophy collections, but I've never encountered those. They may be patching it so that it'll run as smoothly as the original games did, but I'm not holding my breath.

They've already introduced one patch and supposedly it improves performance in ZOE1 and fixes some of the aforementioned game-breaking bugs.

Framerate can be an issue with hardcore ZOE fans but the real problem with the game is slowdown. The PS2 version of ZOE2 also slows down occasionally at times, usually when a lot is happening on screen; the PS3 version is consistently slow. It chugs along virtually everywhere, even when you're just cruising around with no enemies. The only time it doesn't run this slowly is when little to nothing gets rendered other than Jehuty, like during the second fight with Inhert. The game runs so slowly that it's actually easier to play than the PS2 version. I would assume that the 360 version doesn't have this problem (or at least it's not as serious) because it can at least manage 50 fps.

I've heard that it isn't nearly as bad as Silent Hill HD, (I don't have Silent Hill HD) but as an HD port it is largely inferior to Metal Gear Solid HD.
-noel
Flame-X

Now that I have a PSVita, I'm playing through some old school games like FF6 and Chrono Cross. For PC, Company of Heroes. And PS3, Split Second. Very fun arcady racing game.
quasadra

on ZOE, i guess not much is lost by sticking to the ps2 version then.

and i just finished Far Cry 3 yesterday. story is quite narmy, still great fun though. also 1 or 2 World of Tanks game per day is all i have been playing lately.
SD Gundam Capsule Fighter Online SEA IGN: 8bitNPC
steeltamashii

PS3:
Zone of the Enders HD Collection
Mugen Souls
The King of Fighters XIII
Fighting Vipers HD
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed

PC:
Sid Meier's Civilization V
Phantasy Star Online 2

I also broke out my Dreamcast earlier since i got the home port of Fighting Vipers 2 for Christmas.
My personal blog: gusteeltamashii.tumblr.com
Watch Gamers Unrated LIVE on Wednesdays @ 3PM Eastern Time at:
www.royalcrownstudios.com/radio!
Also watch past episodes on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/user/GamersUnratedShow
And follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gamersunrated
I am a HUcast. To know what you are take the quiz here.
hotlimit

DmC Devil May Cry - this first new title I've bought in about 5 years! It's crazy good, I wish people hadn't badmouthed it into oblivion.
Omega

I agree on that. I actually found the new Dante to be a tad refreshing...

On another note, I got a couple of games off the PSN... Chief among them being Xenogears and Legend of Dragoon. Helluva Nostalgia trip so far.
Destiny_Gundam

Beat DmC myself the other day as well. Definitely a worthy entry into the franchise. I hated Dante's redesign when it was first released like most people, but the final design used in the game was fine. The story and characterization was also a lot better than in past games. Gameplay wise it's exactly what I expected from a Devil May Cry game. Nice that it wasn't super hard, but I really wish green orbs were more common...

While I was out the other day I also got the Devil May Cry HD collection and I picked up Aliens Infestation for the DS and Nier for cheap at Zeller's going out of business sale.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
SlowTurtle

Picked up Dead Space 3 and Fire Emblem: Awakening. Right now however I've gone back to play through Final Fantasy XII..... ah the good ol' days of my youth.
YokozunaBulldozer

God Eater Burst
Persona 3
Persona 4 Arena
Arkham City
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Outlaw

Got my copy of Fire Emblem Awakening at last. My first FE game and I'm still getting used to perma death so every thirty to forty minutes I end up screaming obscenities at the game and reseting.
Shoulda just gone casual mode.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Turinu

Got the new SimCity today. Also purchased a 3DS and Fire Emblem Awakening earlier in the week.

The builder in me says get SimCity!

The rage in me says don't get it, because it's an online-only game with the most horrible server upkeep ever. This is why I'll always hate online-only games... D:
YokozunaBulldozer

Persona 4
Danball Senki W
Street Fighter X Tekken

Been having a VITAfest lately.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
SlowTurtle

Picked up Bioshock, Ultimate Rapture Edition, Tomb Raider, and lastly Star Craft 2: Heart of the Swarm.