Need a Few Good games on the psp/gba

Video games, pen and paper, CCG or any other gaming fun.
XGrave

Need a Few Good games on the psp/gba

anyone got a few good games that i can go get or something for the psp/gba preferably in english because im tired of trudging through SRW without knowing anything but its okay for the game to be in japanese
Note***: Any Mecha Game will do if its on either psp/gba and someone actually played and said was half decent
Thanks ahead of time
Strike105

Re: Need a Few Good games on the psp/gba

The only portable system mech game I have played is the Gundam SEED: Battle Assault fighting game for the GBA. Because of the number of buttons on the GBA, the controls have been heavily simplified over the old PS1 Battle Assault games.

Customization is limited to how much HP and PS armor your selected mobile suit has, which also adds or subtracts from your MS thrust gauge depending on how much you want to add or subtract from your HP and PS gauges. There are twelve playable units, only four of which are unlockable. And it doesn't use a save system. Instead it gives a password for you to memorize and input in the options menu.

It's not that bad, but it feels like it is somewhat lacking in some areas. All in all, it's still just your average side scrolling fighter.

It is available in the US.
Toxicity

For the GBA, I would recommend any of the Advance Wars games. For the PSP, there's Armored Core Formula front and AC3 Portable.
ZeroBusterXX

Zone of the Enders: Fist of Mars for the GBA is an excellent mecha game. It's a bit like SRW, except you have the option of manually aiming and evading attacks. Also available in the USA.

I recommend the stellar Metal Gear Acid games for the PSP. MGS + Stealth Turn-based action + Card battle games = Surprisingly good game. Not really mecha, but you know, the Metal Gears are big enough robots.
XGrave

Advanced Wars O.o o god :D i sorta forgot about those thanks for reminding me
Played Battle assault
Anyone know any good SRW Games? i know there are a few in english don't remember which though
ZeroBusterXX

SRW OG 1 & 2 are both officially available in the US, as well as SRW OG Saga for the DS.
All are good in my opinion.
XGrave

anyothers that are good?
--------------------
i played og 1 the japanese version i got up to like the second or third to last level or so the one with the rgun rival and had no idea what to do no matter what i couldn't kill it and it was just like bull ..... i had no idea what i was suppose to do though o.o
Red Comet90

The R-Gun Rival is a really hard battle. I hardly got through it since I sucked at the game. I got to the final boss but I never could beat it. It was way too difficult. I know this isn't mecha related but its in the same vein as games like SRW and Advance Wars. Try Fire Emblem (the first one that was released here in the US). The Twin Stones was unnecessarily difficult even for a strategy buff for myself.

How could I forget!? Front Mission for the DS. Its a strategy games with clunking mecha called Wanzers (pronounced Vanzers). Its fun but Front Mission 3 for the PS1 is where the series really shines. I can't think of anymore. If I do I'll post again.
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
Toxicity

Continuing with the trend of turn based strategies, there are final fantasy tactics games available for both systems.
Kuruni

Strike105 wrote:The only portable system mech game I have played is the Gundam SEED: Battle Assault fighting game for the GBA. Because of the number of buttons on the GBA, the controls have been heavily simplified over the old PS1 Battle Assault games

If you plan to get that, I suggest searching for SEED Destiny instead. It's almost same game, except GSD has larger cast, use save system and is in Japanese (but it's fighting game, so I don't think it will bother you). GSD even has vanilla SEED Battle Assault as unlockable bonus. So if you can effort it, go for GSD.
My girlfriend was a loli.
XGrave

i have and already beat battle assasult beat tactics advanced 2 hit the boss it was really weird
------
ill probably go get destiny but i really didn't like the fire emblem series any SRW games that are good/feature gundam wing or seed/destiny
skyknight

Well, not everyone is going to enjoy the same game. I did enjoy playing the two Fire Emblem games that were released on GBA, I have all the Advance Wars for GBA and DS, and I have FFT: the War of Lions on PSP and FFT Advance on GBA (no plans on getting FFT: A2 for DS).\

If you do like mecha and strategy (with a little RPG), I would recommend Front Mission, as you have a bunch of pilots with different attributes and tons of mecha parts to customize.

After finishing SRW OG Saga Endless Frontier, I would say that's an OK game with little mecha (there's no 3 story tall mecha in it!). Another one that you could consider (which I never played) for the GBA is Zoids Legacy, where Zoids fans thought it was a decent RPG + strategy + collecting game.
How much better is being a Creepy Bishonen compared to an AEUG slapping boy?

If Ginrai, the Japanese truck driver living in America, can be the leader of Cybertron Forces, then what can a pizza delivery boy be?

My Items on Sale

PSN: skyknight0100
ZeroBusterXX

skyknight wrote:Well, not everyone is going to enjoy the same game. I did enjoy playing the two Fire Emblem games that were released on GBA, I have all the Advance Wars for GBA and DS, and I have FFT: the War of Lions on PSP and FFT Advance on GBA (no plans on getting FFT: A2 for DS).\

If you do like mecha and strategy (with a little RPG), I would recommend Front Mission, as you have a bunch of pilots with different attributes and tons of mecha parts to customize.

After finishing SRW OG Saga Endless Frontier, I would say that's an OK game with little mecha (there's no 3 story tall mecha in it!). Another one that you could consider (which I never played) for the GBA is Zoids Legacy, where Zoids fans thought it was a decent RPG + strategy + collecting game.
I really liked Zoids Legacy, but the translation is terrible. "Recieved a Trinity Liger Zoids" is just awful. This is one of the worst translations since Zero Wing.
XGrave

O.o front mission? isn't that ds though? i don't have a ds ..... im looking for super robot wars i remember there being a lot of them on gba but i don't know which have gundam wing/seed/destiny or are half decent
Red Comet90

XGrave wrote:O.o front mission? isn't that ds though? i don't have a ds ..... im looking for super robot wars i remember there being a lot of them on gba but i don't know which have gundam wing/seed/destiny or are half decent
Only the original Front Mission is on the DS. Front Mission 4 which personally I don't care for was released on the PS2 ages ago. Can't help you with SRW since I only played Endless Frontier and parts of OG and OG2
The proof of our might will forever be etched in your minds.

-- Haman Karn
XGrave

Awww T.T dang i wish SRW K would be for GBA or PSP too
skyknight

Well the production of GBA has stopped since the DS has taken over the handheld pillar for Nintendo (the DS is no 3rd string!), you will have limited options on games for GBA. And only two official English SRW OG games were released for GBA, and that's over 3 years ago.

And if you do have about USD $140 to spend, I do suggest you try to get a DS lite, since it plays all GBA games and DS games as well. I'm not fully convince on the DSi yet. All DS lite should NOT have regional lock, but I heard DSi does have that. I do know some game editors did import Jump Superstars and played it on their North American DS.

If Ginrai, the Japanese truck driver living in America, can be the leader of Cybertron Forces, then what can a pizza delivery boy be?

My Items on Sale

XGrave

not wasting that money just for 1 game..... i have a psp already
skyknight

XGrave wrote:not wasting that money just for 1 game..... i have a psp already
Understood, good thing that Sony didn't have regional lock for PSP; I was able to play some cheap (not dirt cheap!) JP games on my PSP-3000.

Back to SRW, it will be the same story as Jump Superstars, there are a lot of awesome characters for the series, but due to different licensing companies in North America, those characters mesh'up games won't likely to see the light in US. :( And that's why we only see OG series in the US, since it's an "original" design that other companies can't claim.

Don't want to be a downer to you, but this is the harsh truth of gaming, there are plenty of GREAT Japanese games that will NEVER be released in the US. That's why there are gamer communities that try hard working together to translate game scripts, and I do suggest you try to keep an open mind when looking for games.

My Items on Sale

XGrave

i said it would be okay if it was in japanese but i hoped they would have some english versions. Wanted to see seed/wing/destiny in some of the SRW instead of just the older versions of gundam