Need help on finding a Mach 5 (Speed Racer) model...

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Rudy A Winchester

Need help on finding a Mach 5 (Speed Racer) model...

I remember watching Speed Racer as a kid, though I don't remember much of the series. Well, I recently garnered interest in the series again because of the movie that is coming out, and plan to watch it. Well, I'd also like to build a model of the Mach 5. A few problems, however, have occurred...

First, I don't know why there's a Mach 5, Mach 6, and even a Mach 7. :P Again, I don't remember much of the series. Did these different versions appear throughout the anime? Or are the Mach 6 and Mach 7 something else? What I'd like is the car closest to the one in the series.

Another problem...what model do I get? This one seems to be the latest and most complete model. So I believe this is the one I want. Problem is I can't find any place to buy it. Anyone know of a location to buy this online? I don't want a figure or diecast model. I want a plastic model that I can build.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, is there any good website to get accurate Speed Racer information? Wikipedia and even Anime News Network are way off. There's no consistent information on the later series and all of that. If anyone knows of a good fansite, that'd be greatly appreciated.