Recent builds

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Duo

Recent builds

Alright so I'm nosey an wanna know and see what everyone's been building lately... Gundam or non it doesn't matter.

I just recently got two additions to my 08th MS team collection:
1/144th GM Sniper with 1/1200 Apsalus
1/144 Gouf Flight type

Now I'm going to take my time building and painting the Gouf.. the Sniper I'm not too worried about right now because I don't have any better color paints to use on it.

I just finished up the gatling mitten/shield of the gouf and wanted to ask how it looks, so I grabbed by Gouf Custom and took some pics with Gatling Mitten/Shield v2.0

I think I did a good job for actually sitting down and doing detail work with the kit.. Never actually fully painted one before... Just touched them up with G-markers

{Links Moved down next post}
Last edited by Duo on Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"TAG ALONG ON MY JOURNEY INTO HELL!"
"Momma said real men don't cry..."
"The God of Death is Back from Hell!"
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami
PlasticFrog

Data limit exceeded on all pics. :oops:
Most recently purchased: MG Hyper Mode God Gundam
Most recently finished: SD Verde Buster
Supposedly working on: HG Exia + Astraea
Duo

Bah!

Meh.. oh well.. I'll retake them or resize them or something... gimme a li'l bit.

EDIT:
NOW.. let's try this again....

Mitten 1
Mitten 2
Shield 1
Shield 2
Shield 3
Shield 4
Shield 5
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami
PlasticFrog

I think you need a new camera, just like me. My camera simply won't focus on my gunpla because it can't focus too close. I took a couple of pics of my kits, and they all turned out really blurry like yours. :cry:

Anyway, I really can't tell too much about the mitten, but the shield looks nice. :) I like the color, I like the weathering. What color did you use for the gatling gun barrels?

But yeah, you and I, we both need new cameras. :(
Duo

Testors/Pactra A54 Gunmetal.

It was from an older paint kit I had probably from a military paints set I got a while back.. all the paints seem in good shape but the black... >.<

It also worked REALLY well with all the weathering... Add a toothpick and you're done. And believe it or not... this was my first attempt at weathering anything ^^;;
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami
Mwulf

PlasticFrog wrote:I think you need a new camera, just like me. My camera simply won't focus on my gunpla because it can't focus too close. I took a couple of pics of my kits, and they all turned out really blurry like yours. :cry:(
Digital, I assume?

Try focusing on the gunpla from 15-30 inches away... that way you'll get it in focus, even if the size (resolution) of what you want is smaller. Then just crop what you have and you'll get a small picture that's in focus instead of large pictures that are out-of-focus.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Duo

Mwulf wrote:
PlasticFrog wrote:I think you need a new camera, just like me. My camera simply won't focus on my gunpla because it can't focus too close. I took a couple of pics of my kits, and they all turned out really blurry like yours. :cry:(
Digital, I assume?

Try focusing on the gunpla from 15-30 inches away... that way you'll get it in focus, even if the size (resolution) of what you want is smaller. Then just crop what you have and you'll get a small picture that's in focus instead of large pictures that are out-of-focus.

So 15-30 inches away... ouch... is that with or without any zoom? I don't think you'd get any detail on this 1/144th kit =\ But I'll give it a try tomorrow or something.. just don't have a decent backdrop to use... hince the crappy box bottom :-p
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami
Mwulf

Well, MSiAs are about the size of 1/144s... I took this image from about a foot or so away and it turned out pretty well.

And this is a 1/144 from almost two feet away. Keeping the camera further back and zooming in will get you a better picture than having the camera close. I took a bunch of pics the other day and the first dozen or so were blurry as hell; just try different settings, distances, etc. 'till you get it right.

The digital camera I use is nearly 7 years old now, and I can get it to work well enough. Just don't give up.
Another Day, Another Mishap.

Gundam Seed Fates
ASA (comic)
Wedge14

I've been having some camera troubles too, So i asked for some elp and I got it. Check it out Here[/url]
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
PlasticFrog

Wedge14 wrote:I've been having some camera troubles too, So i asked for some elp and I got it. Check it out Here
I've been camera-shopping lately, so I have all kinds of camera brand/model names in my head. So when I read your post, I thought you were making a pun about buying a Canon ELPH series camera. :lol:
Metal Legend
Location: Going all Reservoir Dogs on Kira in a warehouse in London

Latest Kit I built was a 1/100 HG Leopard Destroy...before Christmas :(
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane - Philip k. Dick
Wedge14

PlasticFrog wrote:
Wedge14 wrote:I've been having some camera troubles too, So i asked for some elp and I got it. Check it out Here
I've been camera-shopping lately, so I have all kinds of camera brand/model names in my head. So when I read your post, I thought you were making a pun about buying a Canon ELPH series camera. :lol:
Nah i just thought it be cooler to not pronounce the 'H'. I should of wrote it as 'elp instead.

EDIT: I just finished and HGUC Z'gok E gave it a sexy blue candy coat. Using aluminium spray paint and tamiya clear blue. It was my first airbrushed kit. It tured out pretty fine.

I'm stripping down a normal HGUC Z'gok, might as well do a red candy coat char version..
Last edited by Wedge14 on Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RPG Trinary:Creepy Zeon Magician

I'm cool, just ask anybody.

Oh and check out the RPG Section!
Genese Gundam

I built 1/144 NG Buster Gundam a few weeks ago. And i predict using my unrivaled knowledge of the future that i will get a 1/114 NG Blast Impulse Gundam at some point next week.... :lol:
My Stop Motion Animation Videos!

'I wear a Fez now. Fezzes are cool.'
zombiestennett

just got done with a master grade gyan. nice kit worth the time highly suggest picking up. oh by the way its about half a inch to a inch taller than other master grade kits
opps fell asleep ....uh oh this colony is going where
ulnhyrr

My most recent build is here: 1/144 Quebeley
Next up will be another Kampfer that I need to build for a customer; then hopefully I can break out the Hi Nu :D
Asuka

working on a 1/72 Su-35 fighter

and practicing weathering on a 1/144 RX-79G
wilcosu35

i just finished MG NT-1, and i have a MG black Rick Dias and my X-bone FC lying around waiting to be built
Duo

Wedge14 wrote:
Nah i just thought it be cooler to not pronounce the 'H'. I should of wrote it as 'elp instead.

EDIT: I just finished and HGUC Z'gok E gave it a sexy blue candy coat. Using aluminium spray paint and tamiya clear blue. It was my first airbrushed kit. It tured out pretty fine.

I'm stripping down a normal HGUC Z'gok, might as well do a red candy coat char version..
Pics! I wanna see this kit as it's on my next to get list!
Wilcosu35 wrote:i just finished MG NT-1, and i have a MG black Rick Dias and my X-bone FC lying around waiting to be built
Same goes for you and the NT-1... I'm debating on what MG 1/100 I want to get next.. and the Alex might be it.
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami
filthbacteria

my hazel II is lying here mocking me until i get the time to start it. looking forward to using the full armour parts i got with the primose escape pod thing from dengenki hobby magazine. then it's onto the mg strike noir...once it gets released. i also have an armoured core sitting here (mirage co1-gaea) that doesn't seem to be building itself.
Duo

Alright so I took the advice from a few posts back and made some new pics of the mitten and a couple of the shield, trying to show more of the detail I have on it.

Newest mitten attempt 1
Newest mitten attempt 2
Newest mitten attempt 3
Newest mitten attempt 4
Newest shield attempt 1
Newest shield attempt 2

Ok ok.. so I've gotten slightly impatient and went ahead and just put the damned thing together because it's been mocking me as well...
Here it is it's it's finsihed yet unfinished glory. The only things that have been painted are, of course the mitten and shield, the Heat Saber, and the vents on the front of the legs.

I almost got through this beuld without doing something stupid...
I was just finishing cleaning up the flash off the shoulder pieces before I snapped them together... and then Ouchie!!

EDIT: Haha! I knew that I knew what those things were called I jsut couldn't think of it... Flash not tree pegs :-p fixed in the post along with a broken link
-Duo Maxwell - Shinigami