Best sites to buy Gunpla/MSiA / information

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
joelfinkle

Anyone have experience with www.japanesetoywarehouse.com?
Their website sucks (searching for items yields links that give blank pages), but prices are low, and shipping reasonable (e.g. MG Turn-A for $28.50+about $8 shipping).

I don't know if they're trustworthy or timely, though.
Masa

does anybody know how long gundamshop ships their order? they havent ship my order yet and it has been 3 weeks..
Leroy Landers

^ I've been waiting two months for my order! They hardly ever respond to e-mails it seems I'm not the only one who gets treated that way. I bought $30 worth of models from them and I get nothing. Is there any way I can punish them for crappy business practices?
Masa

what the hell? are they even legit man? damn it -.- i paid quite a lot
Leroy Landers

^ I thought they were that's why I ordered from them. When nothing arrived I got suspicious I even sent them a letter asking for a refund and to this day not a word. I noticed the e-mail addresses on their site don't work half the time. I just don't know what to do.
Masa

do u live in the states? if u do, give em a call. (973) 542-1005
Leroy Landers

^ Where did you get that number from? I checked their site and it didn't have one, but I could try phoning them up and demand my money back rather than spam e-mailing them lol. thanks
Masa

from some other site that i got for gundamshop. they recommend it..
Leroy Landers

I called that number you gave me and some woman answered the phone and said I had a wrong number, I'm like WTF? Have you tried calling that number? Maybe I should ask for somebody else? I asked for the person in charge of Gundamshop she was clueless, but I don't know what name to ask for so I'm screwed and they got my money. :cry: With that said I'm never buying form a mom and pop style operation off the net again just stick with legitimate companies folks. btw how much did you pay for your stuff?
Masa

$140ish, i bought the PG Gundam Strike
Leroy Landers

I'm sorry, man that's a lot more than I paid. I only wish there was a way to warn people about that site.
Darkillumina

Same problem with Gundamshop here. I ordered a model kit from them back in August and have received nothing.

I recommend Hobbylinkjapan. It's shipping rate is reasonable and I received my products in a timely manner. I actually order most of my models from them.

Gundamshop appears to be nothing more than a scam.
<3 Weighted Companion Cube
SNT1

I edited the OP to warn people about Gundamshop's recent problems.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Leroy Landers

^ Thanks SNT1.
~SEED~

my order from hlj has been processing since sundaY!!
I look back at old posts and sigh as I see how freakin immature i was...
mcred23

They can take a while to process things, it's not unusual at all.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
Kurando

Anybody buy from http://www.toysnjoys.com/ (they suck so dont buy from the link, read below) they have some models I really want. Although I don't know if I can trust them. Also if ya did buy from them do thy package the stuff in packages? I mean ive ordered discs before and they came without a box (I doubt that would happen again since the site I bought those discs from were "free postage and packaging" which i wont buy from a free postage and packaging site anymore because of that).

*PLEASE READ*
NVM i found out that toys n joys is a terrible site. They take 3-4 weeks for packages to arrive and they wrap the items up in walmart bags and garbage.
I will leave this just to show people anyways.
But I have another question. Hobbywave dosent have tools yet and i need some gundam markers. What would be a good site to get some?
lazidude999

gundamstoreandmore.com is a good place to buy markers and stuff.
Kurando

lazidude999 wrote:gundamstoreandmore.com is a good place to buy markers and stuff.
They don't look so trustworthy.. How is their shipping and packaging? also how long would they take to ship generally?

Also, How does Hobby wave package stuff? UPS? I just don't want to receive damaged models.
lazidude999

Kurando wrote:
lazidude999 wrote:gundamstoreandmore.com is a good place to buy markers and stuff.
They don't look so trustworthy.. How is their shipping and packaging? also how long would they take to ship generally?

Also, How does Hobby wave package stuff? UPS? I just don't want to receive damaged models.
http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/index.html
www.hobbywave.com

Both should be good. Gundam store ships by ups and their packing is okay. I ordered a few times and things usually come in good condition. I get my stuff around a weeks time living in the west coast. For ordering a marker only, they ship it though first class mail.

Hobbywave ships via Fedex and from what I heard, they pack it pretty well. It ships about the same amount of time as gundam store. $10 shipping flat rate!