Best sites to buy Gunpla/MSiA / information

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Wild Goose

Re: Best sites to buy Gunpla/MSiA / information

For the sake of any Malaysian or Singaporean members of Mechatalk who are looking for a good retailer, gundam.my is pretty efficient - within 48 hours of order, your Gunpla reaches your house. Prices range from ridiculously cheap (GM Command and GM Command Space for RM30?! @__@) to good (RM50 average) to reasonable (average range between RM60-RM80 for current kits like the Kampfer Amazing), which is still significantly better than other local shops in Malaysia.
Jak Crow

Someone on ebay is selling a 3rd party made 1/100 2x Caletvwlch kit for both Red and Blue Frame. I bought two and I have to say the quality is pretty good. It's not a resin kit, it's plastic and molded in color so painting isn't required. The kit has a mount for a 3rd sword if you want to go all out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BTF-1-100-Gunda ... 43c2a8dbfc
Ciel

Can anyone help me find the GMs on Hobby Wave? I type GM in so many ways and all the variations but nothing ever comes up. Their search engine is horrible.
mobiusdiablo

To throw another vote for Gundamplanet

I put in an order for seven kits, some paints and new hobby supplies - got free shipping since it was well over 95 dollars, and they had sent it out the door before day's end. The only mild concern I had was with USPS, but that's also... USPS. Otherwise, great deal, I'd prefer them over GSaM since they're more reliable to restock and have that free shipping deal. Plus, I live in Mass. so it isn't that far from New Jersey.
From 00 S2 ep 25

Tieria: As long as you keep looking down on them, you'll never understand them!
Ribbons: *has Newtype-y flash of AGE, of Kio and his UNDERSTANDING replacing his show* I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND!
SNT1

Hey all,

I took this down because I haven't updated the OP in forever and some of it may be updated.

To recap... hlj.com and 1999.co.jp are still pretty darn good. As far as US sites go I've just gone to Amazon lately and haven't been disappointed. But lately, I've shopped local, with Barnes and Noble (who gives me a total of at around 30% off as a member) and local hobby shops, whose Gunpla variety seem to have exploded in popularity as of late, definitely more Gunpla and variety in a brick and mortar store than the old Toys'R'Us/Walmart days of 15 years ago, and priced much more competitively ($45 for an MG Freedom 2.0 in my local store, $28-35 IBO 1/100 kits in a HobbyTown I visited)

TL;DR, this is a bump. Has anyone shopped lately for Gunpla? Post it and let us know if you still give them a vote of conifdence.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
EFSF Pilot

My Local "Hobbytown" store has a pretty good selection of the most up to date Unicorn, Build fighters, and Origin model kits in High grade. Plus the newest MGs as well.
Super Average Gunpla

HLJ is still great, the private warehouse option helps to save on shipping especially if you want to pack smaller objects like supplies. Another thing I like about HLJ is that you can preorder without having to pay upfront and can cancel anytime prior to fulfillment without penalties.

In the US, I've been using Newtype HQ a lot recently. Excellent customer service, highly recommend. USA Gundamstore is good too but I find the flat rate shipping to be a bit high on certain orders. They regularly offer 10 and 15 percent discount codes.

Amazon.co.jp has English language portals for hobby supplies and kits and general otaku culture. Top notch delivery as one would expect from Amazon, 3 day shipping with fair charges.

For paints, I'm a big fan of Spraygunner. Their customer service is one of the best I've encountered with a great selection of Mr Hobby paints, solvents, airbrushes, etc.