Blast Impulse Goof - salvageable?

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Windknight

Blast Impulse Goof - salvageable?

so, newish to the gunpla scene, and basically wanted a blast impulse. Not realising the HG blast impulse was a 'premium exclusive' (and way out of my price league) I ordered a 1/144 scale kit from amazon, and got a 'No Grade' kit.

Now, the weapon backpack doesn't seem too bad (aside from needing some painting, and as a former miniature gamer, not out of my league), so if i get the current HG Force Impulse to do a partial repaint (probably replace the dark/light blues with dark/light greens, leave the reds alone rather than fully replicating the screen look), would the no-grade backpack work with the HG?
Take flight, and strike from the heavens
Gone Astray

Re: Blast Impulse Goof - salvageable?

You would need to mod the NG Blast pack to work with the new Impulse because they use different styles of connection, the NG making use of those little triangular tabs while the HG kits use the standard 3mm posts to connect. Now you could carve out the old Blast pack to get it to seat over the Impulse's shoulders and glue it in place, or you could use the HG Force pack as a new platform for the Blast bits--I do think this would look better but it's all about how much work you want to put into it.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
stormturmoil

Re: Blast Impulse Goof - salvageable?

Or else he could go 'Perfect Strike' and splice the Force and Blast Silhouettes together somehow to get them to fit. The Force has those jointed Wing Connectors that could probably support the Blast Cannons instead

And Blast Force sounds perfectly appropriate for a custom Silhouette.