Need help with a 1/144 Epyon project idea

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
SpideyWing

Need help with a 1/144 Epyon project idea

So...I want a more articulated Epyon kit to pose with my HGAC Zero, and since Bandai is letting me down in that regard, I think the thing to do is say, "Forget it! I'll make my own HGAC Epyon! With blackjack, and hookers! In fact, forget the blackjack and hookers!"

*Clears throat*

The issue is, I don't know completely what I'd need, outside of a 1/144 NG Epyon as a base. I've heard of recent sets from Bandai that are designed to up the articulation of older kits, but I don't know which ones to get. Does anyone have any suggesstions?
Signature to be determined later...look! A Puppy!
SNT1

Re: Need help with a 1/144 Epyon project idea

Seems like a massive undertaking, especially when considering the Epyon having such a unique transformation process. That said, a HG Gundam X looks like the typical 90's Okawara AU unit that is close to Epyon when it comes to proportions and height, at 17ish meters (/144).
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Gone Astray

The Ballden Arm Arms kit is basically nothing but joints and armor plates, but I don't think it would work too well with the original Epyon. You'd pretty much be scratchbuilding the whole thing and I don't think that's worth the trouble. I'd go with what SNT1 suggested and use one of the HGAW X Gundams, or just use one of the new Wings as a base. There's a neat Rinascita-based Epyon by Hobby no Toriko that you might want to check out.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
SpideyWing

I actually own a Rinascita; let's see if it can...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbBFQXOXIAAG_j0.jpg

Frick; it is pretty much perfect. Well, I guess that simplifies the project tremendously. Thanks for sharing that, Gone Astray!
Signature to be determined later...look! A Puppy!
YokozunaBulldozer

SpideyWing wrote:I actually own a Rinascita; let's see if it can...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbBFQXOXIAAG_j0.jpg

Frick; it is pretty much perfect. Well, I guess that simplifies the project tremendously. Thanks for sharing that, Gone Astray!
And let the Frankensteining commence :mrgreen:
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER