Rare High Grade Gunplas

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

Rare High Grade Gunplas

So I'm a Gunpla newbie and would like to start a collection but I'm curious to know what HG Kits are rare/valuable so when I stumble upon them online or in person I know to get them before I lose my chance too.

Thanks in advance!
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
Xenosynth

Re: Rare High Grade Gunplas

Well, none are too rare, except maybe the 90s ones or the HG Seed ones. Bandai puts out reissues for a lot of models, even the G-Saviour HG got a reissue. P-Bandai online exclusives and stuff would probably be the most rare, stuff that has the coatings or the alternate colors.
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

I'm surprised the G-Saviour got a reissue yet I'm glad that was one of the kits I wanna get.
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
YokozunaBulldozer

The early 90s V Gundam high grades (pre-Build Fighters All Gundam plan) are pretty rare.

90s High Grade V Gundam boxart

Recent HGUC V Gundam boxart
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
mcred23

I wouldn't call the early 90's Victory kits rare at all, seeing how they (Like many kits from the 80's and early 90's) get re-released every year or so and can be purchased very easily (And cheaply) on the internet. Hell, that 1/100 Victory is only ten bucks.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
lalahsghost

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/High_Grade_(1990)

The High Grade, not HGUC kits.

There were two or three colors molded directly into several of the main body parts to reduce painting. The engineering was assisted by Okawara, and they were actually REALLY nice for 1990 kits. Four the four kits, I bet they worked on the molds and design for a year or two before their 1990 release. IIRC, they were supremely complicated and cost prohibitive to create.

Built the 78-2, and the ZZ; I really liked their complex simplicity.
"First rule in EFSF spending: Why build one when you can have two at twice the price?"