Best HG grunt MS model kit

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Calubin_175

Best HG grunt MS model kit

I am looking for the most economical and best HG MS model that has the best articulation and durability among its peers, preferably a GM type MS or something from Gundam AGE.

I have tried the GM Command but the polycap arms are a bit loose. Another one I've been looking at is the Genoace II or the GM II/III.
Gundam420

Re: Best HG grunt MS model kit

Best GM? I haven't built that many, but the GM Custom is a great kit. The GM III is good if you want alot of accessories, and as far as AGE goes most of the Federation/Visidian kits are pretty good.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
YokozunaBulldozer

Here are my humble HG recommendations:

Loto : You get two of them since they are tiny compared to the typical 1/144 HG kits.

Jesta: Quite detailed and good design

GM (Thunderbolt version): Got a nice amount of armaments for a grunt.

GM Striker: Looks cool for a grunt MS.

GM Sniper II: Nice color scheme and cool design.

Zaku Sniper: If you hate GMs and like Zakus.

Hope that helps.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Darkhound Noir

As far as AGE goes, the Adele, and Genoace lines have been pretty good. Simple to build, well articulated, and much easier to kitbash with other models in the HG AG line.

HGUC kits, whoo boy. I'm putting out for the Jegan. I've got the regular Jegan and the ECOAS ver and both are amazing grunt kits.
Darkhound Noir

As far as AGE goes, the Adele, and Genoace lines have been pretty good. Simple to build, well articulated, and much easier to kitbash with other models in the HG AG line.

HGUC kits, whoo boy. I'm putting out for the Jegan. I've got the regular Jegan and the ECOAS ver and both are amazing grunt kits.
AGF-Antoine

I love this kind of topics.
Due to the topic name I shall mention ALL grunt type MS I deem well articulated.
The names will link to the Dalong picture reviews, so that you can see for yourself.

My main suggestions are the following:
Shaldoll Custom
M1 Astray
Murasame
GM III
Nemo
Below I shall elaborate why XD

GM
Since your main question regarded GM's, I shall get started with those obviously.
For me, GM III is the best GM model till now.
It has better range of movement then GM II, mainly in the legs. And comes with multiple equipment options.
Nemo, while technically more close to a Gelgoog I will mention it here as well.
It has the aesthetics of the GM II, but it has better articulation, especially in the legs.
GM II itself is also one of the better GM HG's, but as mentioned the leg articulation I deem pretty bad.
This is partly due to many newer GM's still re-using parts of the older ones, mainly from Powered GM.
Keep in mind that Powered GM is not a grunt, it is a prototype unit of which only 2 were ever built.
Of those older ones, GM Striker is indeed a great one as mentioned before me.
Fun stuff being that it's the first GM re-using parts from Powered GM.
GM Thunderbolt Ver. is the most recent GM High Grade.
The articulation is good, but I hate the design (mainly the way to huge backpack).
I heard it is pretty backheavy due to it as well.

The best AGE Federation Grunt to me is Shaldoll Custom.
It offers great articulation and doesn't have the extreme armor seperation the Genoace line has.
Then there is also Clanche. While I don't like the design much, it has good articulation and nice gimmicks.
And ofcourse the earlier mentioned ones: Genoace, Genoace II, Adele and Shaldoll Rogue.
G-Exes Jackedge is technically also a grunt by Gen 3.
Of these I would say Adele is a nice option, also due to the Wear System Support it has.

Now to cover some of the other lines:

SEED
M1 Astray is a relatively new mold, which shows in it's articulation.
It is not a true GM-ish unit due to no visor, but still.
Of the older ones, Murasame is an awesome model.
For it's age it is great. Combine that with the fact it is a transformable MS and it makes it awesome.

00 has 2 very nicely articulated molds, namely Tieren and Ahead:
Tieren Ground Type, Tieren Space Type and Ahead.
Personally I love the Tieren line, Ahead is ugly to me.
But both molds have great articulation to say the least
And ofcourse there are also some other commander/ace variations of them.

I need to go for a bit now, I shall later edit the post and finish it.
Calubin_175

I've never took a look at the M1 Astray, and it is pretty good due to the new mould.
pk-man
Location: receiving faxes in the washroom, on Deck 9 aboard White Base

"best" grunt kits....hmm, that term is pretty relative because a kit that is good now may not be as good 5 years from now. Gunpla is always evolving, so getting kits that are released in recent years will generally be better than those released 6 or 7 year ago. The GM Command, for example, will pale in comparison to say, a GM Sniper II in terms of construction and articuation. (8 year difference)

With that being said, just go for the MS you like. Even something like the HGUC GM, though old, isn't a terrible kit. Their simple construction actually makes it easy to create an army if you buy several of them, and they are a lot of cheaper.

I've built the following HG grunt kits and I don't regret getting any of them:
GM Sniper II
Jegan Ecoas
Jegan
Rezel Commander Type
Zaku II FZ
GM Striker
Zaku II S
Wild Goose

On the subject of the UGUC GM Command...

Well, I've started building mine today, and I'm alright with it. I don't really see/feel any major problems.

Then again it's my first Gunpla, so it's special. :p
Zeonista

I of course am a monoeye maniac, but I have a few favorites to nominate.
MS-09F Dom Tropen (either color): Easy to put together, easy to paint & customize, shiny eye-sticker, lots of add-ons,
MS-09R2 Rick Dom 2 Colony Invasion Color: Nice out of the box color, parts fit better than they do on the first Rick Dom 2, same amount of add-ons.
MS-06FZ Zaku Kai: Great out of the box colors, poses well, nice detail & add-ons.
MS-06F2 Zaku (either color): Best detail and flexibility in a HGUC Zaku to date. Easy to assemble & paint.
Geara Doga (standard color): Really nice out of he box coloring, poses well, lots of add-ons.
Zaku Warrior: Custom or not, their HG are easy to put together and look very nice with paint & stickers.
Zaku Warrior Phantom: As above, and they won't automatically fall over with the packs added on to them.
DOM Trooper: Assembles nicely, easy to mod up & down, doesn't look wierd on the shelf next to the UC Doms. :)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde