Regarding scale in the Robot Spirits Gundam releases

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
SpideyWing

Regarding scale in the Robot Spirits Gundam releases

So I got my hands on a Robot Spirits Wing Zero (TV Ver.) in hopes that I could put it in Awesome Duel Poses (TM) with my MSiA Ver. 2.0 Epyon. Oh how wrong I was, since Epyon is about 5 cm shorter than Zero. So, this got me wondering...what is the scale of the Gundam Robot Spirits? I mean, in terms of height, they seem to be close to 1/144, but Zero is taller than my HGUC Gundam 1/144 and a lot taller than my 1/144 NG Double X.

The "TL;DR" version of this is: What, in the seven stars of the Elendili, is the scale of the Robot Spirits Gundam figures?
Signature to be determined later...look! A Puppy!
AceWhatever

Re: Regarding scale in the Robot Spirits Gundam releases

Did somebody say scale?

RS Wing Zero TV is around 12.5 cm. A rough calculation puts him at around a 1/133-ish scale. I forgot the exact height of MSIA Wing Zero TV, but I recall he was somewhere around 1/170 or 1/180-ish.

I don't think the scale is consistent with the entire line though. Applying the same calculation to my RS Unicorn Banshee Destroy puts it at 1/144-ish scale.

Ignoring my calculations for a second, the official RS website lists Heavyarms and Deathscythe Hell's figure heights as 13 cm, despite one being statistically half a meter shorter than the Wing Zero TV and the other being the same height.

TLDR: My head hurts.
SpideyWing

*Sighs* I was worried that was the case; I guess RS is one of those "have lots of robots that are about the same size regardless of scale" toylines.

...Though I do like the idea of my Figuarts Decade fighting Zero. >_>()
Signature to be determined later...look! A Puppy!
Calubin_175

Non scale, that's what non scale figures lines do, so expect all figures in the line to be the same height regardless of differences in conceptual/theoretical heights.

Some of the Robot Damashii are to scale, such as the Heavy Metal L Gaim line which are all 1/144.

With the Mobile Suit ones, expect everything non scale, even Unicorn Gundam and Sinanju. They're just made to be generally bigger than regular Damashii figures, but not to scale in terms of the upsizing. In a way, it is non-scale size 2 vs non-scale size 1.

Unicorn Gundam action version is way shorter than the HGUC version.

There is a slight exception with the Signature Ka series where they should all be 1/144 scale even if not stated. The Bylarant Custom and Gundam Mk V are only a 2mm shorter than their HGUC counterparts(Doven Wolf for Mk-V). The Xi Gundam is 18cm tall and is gigantic compared to a regular mobile suit.