Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XII

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Heecarl_Reez

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XII

Upcoming Bandai Gundam kits from All Japan Model Hobby Show.

MG V2 is long overdue, but I have to see more of it, especially the hip joint. Seriously, that MG V polycap ball joint is such a headache. But honestly, with the current states of MG line, I'm much more excited with their plan with RE 1/100 line. Ksathriya, Xi, Leo wow.

Also Reborns Gundam for Reborn One Hundred line, kinda see that coming. :wink:
SNT1

Hmm, to throw a bit of hyperbole in here, the 1/144 HG and RE/100 line will be composed on interesting units from here on out an affordable price, while RG and MG will stick to the RX-78-2s and Zakus and Strike/Freedoms and all the predictable hero/villain units. Leo! Xi Gundam! (I wish it was HGUC instead)
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Xenosynth

Well, to be fair, that kinda makes sense in a way. Like... units like the Gundam Mk III, GP04, etc aren't necessarily going to sell well enough to be like mainline full researched framed MGs. Regularly producing those kits is probably expensive. Hell, I don't know how bandai even keeps up with regularly re-releasing a lot of the old 80s models, but they do still do it. But yeah, like... I think Bandai is limiting MGs just because there are too many.

Also I broke and bought 2 Hyaku Shiki Kai MPs.
Arsarcana

Dammit, they made the Wings of Light a P-shop exclusive? For a Master Grade kit?! Hate you so much. Maybe they'll release them as regular parts if they do a V2AB.

On the Re 1/100 kits, if they do all of those I will take back every nasty thought I just had about them over V2. Especially for the Rig Contio and Leo. Please oh please include the space backpack parts. Or make it a second kit, I'll be happy either way. And did I mention how cool a Rig Contio kit is yet?
Calubin_175

The average G-Tekketsu HG kit is 1000 yen, same as those from AGE. Maybe colour separation will be limited.

Looking forward to the 1/100 Graze though, the first 1/100 mainstay grunt with a good price point(non MG). I hope the blue one will get a release too with the same frame.
SNT1

Ebikawa is fantastic, the Graze is such a good grunt design.

With 0083 remaster coming up soonish, what do you guys think we'll get first? an MG GP01 2.0? or a HGUC revive GP01? I'm all for upgraded 0083 kits. Plus new ones, if we can have HGUC Xamel (it won't be an MG and it's not on the RE/100 list), plus there's always a chance that they're still certifiable nuts and have an excuse to get an HGUC Neue out there :mrgreen:
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
YokozunaBulldozer

SNT1 wrote:Ebikawa is fantastic, the Graze is such a good grunt design.

With 0083 remaster coming up soonish, what do you guys think we'll get first? an MG GP01 2.0? or a HGUC revive GP01? I'm all for upgraded 0083 kits. Plus new ones, if we can have HGUC Xamel (it won't be an MG and it's not on the RE/100 list), plus there's always a chance that they're still certifiable nuts and have an excuse to get an HGUC Neue out there :mrgreen:
As long as they don't pull off something like the MG Zaku 2.0 repainted in federation color anything is fine by me.
Maybe a MG Powered GM complete with explosion effect parts.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Xenosynth

Wait, the 0083 Zaku is an entirely different Zaku from the 2.0 though, in terms of both specs AND actual design appearance O.o
MayflyOfSpace

I thought so too at first, but it turns out that while the torso and legs have an inner frame, the arm has most of one, though it is connected to the shoulder armor. You can see what I'm talking about over here:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51964693.html

The Hyakuren, on the other hand, doesn't have as nearly a complete frame. Manual scans show that its lower legs lack a frame.
YokozunaBulldozer

Seems like Full Armor Gundam from MSG:T will get MG'd next year.
Heecarl_Reez

Gunpla Expo world tour Japan means new kits announcement. In MG department we got MG Freedom ver 2.0 (yay??). MG Freedom was my first MG so this kinda hit the nostalgia spot, but on the other hand there's many MS that deserve the 2.0 treatment. Anyway, I expect Bandai will continue this route with 2.0 Strike Freedom on the future, and maybe Destiny too! Yay :p

There's also an announcement of MG Thunderbolt series. Next RG will be 00 Quanta, which will complete Setsuna's RG line. Re 1/100 Efreet Kai for some surprise. 1/100 IBO line will continue with 1/100 Kimaris, and Gusion. HGCE Force Impulse, HGUC Gyan, and the mysterious 200th HG under the revive banner.
SNT1

So the game of "Guess the 200th HG" is on! :lol:

Since it's under "Revive" then is it something already in the older HGUC line? but even with that fact and that silhouette, I'm coming up empty :( What is that thing?
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
YokozunaBulldozer

SNT1 wrote:So the game of "Guess the 200th HG" is on! :lol:

Since it's under "Revive" then is it something already in the older HGUC line? but even with that fact and that silhouette, I'm coming up empty :( What is that thing?
From what I can make out, the shoulders seem to be long, the front skirt seems short, and the shins seem thicker than the thighs so if it is a gundam type maybe it is the GP01 FB?
If so, I would love to see it be a 2-in-1 kit where you can either make it FB or the standard issue type we see in the early episodes of Stardust Memory.
Or maybe it's Gato's Gelgoog. :lol:
Calubin_175

Is the concept art for the RE 1/100 Efreet Kai the same one from Battle Operation and Gundam Side Stories?
Mythgarr

What is this Hi-Res Model Barbatos is all about? MG in another name?
Visit The Dreams
Xenosynth

Doesn't really look MG-ish though. It has rather shiny parts, and it looks like a full on stylized redesign, while MGs usually only redesign as special side things. It is 1/100th scale.

As for that RE/100 art, it looks similar to the modern interpretations of the Efreet Kai, though that art itself is new as far as I know.

Also, I really like the HG Origin MSD Prototype Dom, it is nice to have that as a modern kit, and the redesign is fairly nice looking.
YokozunaBulldozer

Mythgarr wrote:What is this Hi-Res Model Barbatos is all about? MG in another name?
From what I hear the internal frame will be pre-assembled(kind of like Frame Arms) and painted and you just snap the external parts on.
Heecarl_Reez

New kit scan

MG Freedom ver 2.0 is basically Bandai Hobby division saying, "we can outdo Tamashii's Metal Build redesign!". Grimgerde gets its 1/100 in the future, and seems like 1/100 Gusion allows you to convert it into the Rebake version.
YokozunaBulldozer

IBO's side story's mobile suit Gundam Astaroth will be released May 2016.
It looks interesting.
It feels like a cross between GP-03 and Sword Strike.