Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XII

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
YokozunaBulldozer

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XII

Cant wait for the HGUC origin guntank.
I am thinking about painting it in brick red and salmon pink and glue a zaku horn on it.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
aurora-7

YokozunaBulldozer wrote:Cant wait for the HGUC origin guntank.
I am thinking about painting it in brick red and salmon pink and glue a zaku horn on it.
:shock: What!? That's blasphemous! That'd be like painting an GM Zaku green!
YokozunaBulldozer

aurora-7 wrote:
YokozunaBulldozer wrote:Cant wait for the HGUC origin guntank.
:shock: What!? That's blasphemous! That'd be like painting an GM Zaku green!
*takes out kawaguchi shades and puts them on*GANPURA WA JIYUU DA(GUNPLA IS FREEDOM)!!! :mrgreen:
Outlaw

Does anyone have any good info on the HGBC Bolden Arm Arms? I've heard that it comes with spare joints and have seen it speculated that they're for upgrading old kits, but I can't find a clear explanation.

As someone looking to do a custom build of an old kit this has me extremely interested.
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
YokozunaBulldozer

Outlaw wrote:Does anyone have any good info on the HGBC Bolden Arm Arms? I've heard that it comes with spare joints and have seen it speculated that they're for upgrading old kits, but I can't find a clear explanation.

As someone looking to do a custom build of an old kit this has me extremely interested.
From the looks of it they feel like decent parts designed to aesthetically go well with most gunpla.
iguanaman8989

June MG Kit: Fenice Rinascita
4800 yen

Looks nice, unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if they announce the Wing Gundam Fenice as a webshop exclusive.

A couple of webshop exclusive HGs were announced too:
Crossbone Gundam X2 Kai
And
Stark Jegan (CCA MSV Ver.)
YokozunaBulldozer

iguanaman8989 wrote:June MG Kit: Fenice Rinascita
4800 yen

Looks nice, unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if they announce the Wing Gundam Fenice as a webshop exclusive.

A couple of webshop exclusive HGs were announced too:
Crossbone Gundam X2 Kai
And
Stark Jegan (CCA MSV Ver.)
I haven't seen anything about web exclusives so I think we can for now let out a sigh of relief and expect this to be on sale at June like how Dark Matter was a regular release. I hope they release Gundam X Maoh soon although I assume judging by how they are releasing the latter stuff Crossbone Maoh may be more likely if they do ever release one of Mao's.
Outlaw

Finally got a clear answer on the Bolden Arms.

From the product listing on Amazon:
- Contains a variety of exterior armor, missile pods, wings, and claws that can be used to customize your gundam model kits
- The joint parts retrofit older models to increase their range of mobility
- Runner x 3, Instruction Manual
- Product bears official Bluefin Distribution logo ensuring purchaser is receiving authentic licensed item from approved US retailer
- Bluefin Distribution products are tested and comply with all US consumer product safety regulations and are eligible for consumer support
I know it may not be as fancy or exciting as a full kit release but for me this makes it a very compelling buy come this May, I might even get a few just in case.
Now I just need to find a good deal on an old Mercurius kit...
"“As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up reasons to kill one another."
Jak Crow

The more I see of the RE GP04, the more I'm disappointed by lack of detail and the more I want the NG 1/100 line to come back with its near MG quality but without the inner frame.
YokozunaBulldozer

Saw the photo of the kit for Prototype Gouf and it does look nice. I like the hands and the cockpit cover designs specifically.
Xenosynth

I dunno what NG 1/100th models you built, the few that I've built and seen for 00 and Seed had about the same detail as my Re/100 Gundam Mk III, and the GP04 looks pretty good in promos as long as you panel line and put the decals on.

Compare the part composition of the Kyrios to the Mk III at the bottom of the links and you'll see they are either more or less the same, or the Mk III has it beat out.

The Buster 1/100 NG has nowhere near the complexity of a master grade (especially evident if you compare it to its own MG) and even the NG 1/100th Destiny is about on par with the Kyrios and Mk III. The proportions on the Re/100 kits are also much better, so I don't quite understand your complaint?

Anyway:

New models from the Shizuoka Hobby Show:

HG:
YMS-07
Prototype Gouf (As a distinct entity from the YMS-07)
MW-01
Leopard Da Vinci (We already knew it was coming but this was the more formal announcement.)

SD:
New model line starting with the Aile Strike and RX-78-2, future kits of the line are the Wing Zero (EW), Exia, Unicorn, 00 Gundam, Strike Freedom, and Red Frame.
Kurenai Musha (Lady's unit)

MG:
Amazing Red Warrior

RG:
Astray Red Frame

P-Bandai:
Sazabi/Nightingale Funnel Launch Parts
MG GM Cannon
MG Heavy Gundam
HG Cathedral Gundam
HG Drion 3

I may have missed some, made this list rather early/late so yeah.
Last edited by Xenosynth on Fri May 15, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dark Duel

I'm a bit disappointed that the first BFT Master Grade we get ends up being the RX-78 rehash, especially given that IMO, cool as it was, it was one of the most boring designs. I'm still holding out hope that we'll get some of the others - especially the Lightning Gundams, which are my personal favorite GBFT designs - and pretty likely IMO; they could probably do the same thing they did with the Build Strike and release one with the BWS, and then do a separate release for the BWS MkII - or they might even do a release of just base Lightning, and release the two BWS separately. Either way, that's the one I'm really looking forward to/hoping for.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
YokozunaBulldozer

I am a bit sad Heavy Gundam is online shop only but I understand since it is an obscure suit.
Regardless, glad to see it getting some love.
SNT1

I was hoping I'd seem some Wing / AC kits... guess not.

Is that RG Astray even meant to be painted? Seems like a nightmare to do so
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Xenosynth

SNT-1:
As they showed the inner frame was molded in multiple colors.

If you are talking about the rough model, that's how all prototypes are displayed for Bandai kits, they are generally 3D printed, with rough edges and no paint applied. Even when painted they actually tend to look worse so they probably just tend to keep them in the base white so people will know.

Examples of other Bandai Prototype models that were shown uncolored:
Gundam Mk III Re/100
Z-II HGUC
Silver Bullet HGUC
Sazabi Ver Ka
SNT1

^Not talking about the 3d printed prototypes, 'more refering to the prebuilt RG frames that come in both red and white. Seems like a hassle masking all that stuff around.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Xenosynth

Ahh, yeah. That's true. I'm wondering if they are like... not actually one piece. My RG RX-78-2 had multiple pieces put together already so... maybe you can separate the red and white? Hopefully? But yeah no clue if it's like that or if it's like the ollld F90 kits that actually had the multi-injection colors in one piece.

Sorry about the assumption, I had talked to someone else earlier who HAD thought the prototype was the final model and so that was still fresh in my head.

Dalong's finally got his GP04 review up. For an OOB + Panel Lining build it looks pretty damn good. Also has better leg mobility than I thought, restricted only by the armor.
YokozunaBulldozer

I am curious as to what SD Gunpla no.400 will be. Maybe something completely new?
Gelgoog Jager

Has anyone heard anything about a possible HG Wuxia?
Xenosynth

No HG Wuxia. Only upcoming models I can think of off the top of my head:

PG Banshee Norn

MG Renascita Alba (P-Bandai)
MG Heavy Gundam (P-Bandai)
MG Amazing Red Warrior
1/100 Barbatos

HGUC GM Semi Striker (P-Bandai)
HGUC Jegan A2 (P-Bandai)
HGBF Kamiki Burning
HGBF Leopard Da Vinci
HG Kabakali
HG G Self Perfect Pack
HG Grades
HG Grades High Mobility Commander
HG Barbatos
HG Revive Freedom
HGUC Revive Mk II
RG Astray Red Frame

Dunno about SDs atm, but yeah, no more G-Reco stuff atm besides the Kabakali and G Self Perfect Pack.

Edit:

Also apparently: MG Altron