Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XII

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Arsarcana

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XII

What took them so long? Wonder if they'll include the GotL additions from TV!Altron.

Also, I guess I was mistaken and every single model we've seen of the Hecate has been a scratchbuild. Pity, I wanted one of those.
Xenosynth

Yeah, the Hecate is the major release I really hope we get at some point!
Gelgoog Jager

Will there be more Gundam Thunderbolt HG releases?

On a different note, seeing that the metal GFF are keeping that line alive, has there been any mention at all of revisiting the Zeonography series? Last thing recall was that there were prototypes for the Hizack and Zaku Cannon a few years ago.
Xenosynth

Thunderbolt: There aren't any current announcements for more. I dunno if they are just waiting until they can do another bunch as a release schedule (though I really hope they go for the Dom and Gelgoog from it.) From how often they are sold out on many sites I go to though, I can't imagine that the Thunderbolt line wasn't popular, especially the Full Armor Gundam and the Zakus from it. Though I don't have any definite numbers, and just because something sold well over time doesn't necessarily mean it'd be as important to them as something that massed up numbers fast.

Can't answer on GFF since I only follow just models, not figures, so sorry >.<
YokozunaBulldozer

Master Grade RX-78-2 Gundam Origin ver. and HGBF Super Fumina has been announced at Chara Hobby. I can hear the Sakai Minatos from afar dancing to It's Your Birthday.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Raiden

This year so far imo has been a real dud as far as Gunpla goes atm. It's been pretty much a recycle/retool year for MG's mainly other than the Hyaku Shiki 2.0 which probably should have came when A new Translation was released.

Not only did Tallgeese 3 get shafted by being a P-Bandai exclusive, now Altron EW. Bandai could have easily released it as a regular retail release with the GotL/TV backpack and even include upgrade parts for the already existing Deathscythe Hell MG. Huge misopportunity Bandai Hobby!
Gundam420

Bandai has been making alot of dumb decisions when it comes to what should be available retail or online. MG Banshee Norn, HG Crossbone X1-Kai, HG X2-Kai, MG Tallgeese II & III, MG EW Altron, etc., I'm almost convinced they have a list of kits placed on a dart board, and randomly throw darts labeled "retail" and "P-Bandai" at said board.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
Dark Duel

Don't even get me started on that. I'm still annoyed that we haven't gotten a single BFT Master Grade except for the Boring Red Rehash/Amazing Red Warrior.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
SNT1

Altron is a bit too significant, even moreso than Xbone X-2 and T3, to be a P-Bandai exclusive. Ridiculous. Yet, we are supposed to be feasting on the magnificence of yet another RX-78-2 retool.

No big thing for Wing's 20th, I see. (No, Altron exclusive doesn't count)
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Xenosynth

To be fair, there are plenty of fans of The Origin, and the RX-78-02 has some significant armament changes compared to the anime one. I personally was happy for it to get a release, and many I follow who are fans of The Origin have actually mentioned they wished there was a model for the Origin version rather than just the anime one/various artist interpretations.

Altron's only new parts are the arm extensions and double sided trident (which can be made with the Shenlong parts actually, with no modification I believe), which seems to be the reasoning they are using, since the inner frame and all the outer parts are actually the same as the Shenlong EW, just recolored. I don't necessarily agree with the choice but that just seems to be the reason for it. Tallgeese 3 actually has more new parts than Altron, Altron is more like X2. Though at least X2 actually has a body part change (With the head), whereas Altron EW it is literally just the armaments. Even the GM Cannon MG Online exclusive has more new parts than the Altron. So...

And what is wrong with the Red Warrior? It was nice in the anime and it has all of the outer frame different from the RX-78-2, so I would never be blind enough to call it just a rehash. Though I also say the same thing about people who whine about the High Mobility Zakus not being any different from the normal, when to me they are far more significant differences to me I guess.

Though in that regard Red Warrior also has more original parts to it than the Altron by probably 90% of the suit.

I do agree that the year hasn't been that great about MGs but I have to also wonder if the MG Age and MG BF lines did well at all, and if maybe the cutting back on them was just a cost saving measure temporarily or something.
Raiden

While yeah there are sigimificant differences, I think people would feel more enthused if this came out instead of the Gundam 3.0 (which was not long ago). But otherwise I think we are a bit worn out from the RX-78-2 design since we just had the Revive HG last month as well.

As far as the AGE MG's go, it's still a mystery why AGE-3 and AGE FX are stuck in development hell. Guess it didn't do to well but at least they got MG's right off the bat as the series was airing. Too bad they reintroduced No Grade 1/100's for Iron Blooded Orphans.

Even the RG Astray Red Frame is kinda meh for me. The Astrays are kinda over done as well and to be honest they should have made the flight pack for it too. But yeah i really wish they do whatever they had as concept arts way back for RG's like the Ground Gundam, Gouf Custom, etc etc.
Xenosynth

I do think they'll start expanding on RGs soon though, just a gut feeling.

As for the NG 1/100s, to be fair, that was the norm before Age. Even the Exia didn't get an MG until MONTHS after Season 2 ended! And the Barbatos does have an inner frame so, that is a plus on the old NG 1/100s.

And a this point? I think the Age 3 and Age FX are officially cancelled. Much like other cancelled models.

(If any of those were just display let me know, but I was given those images as cancelled Bandai produced models. The F90 is a definite one.)

Also, don't forget about the Re/100 line. While I know others have had issues with the line, the Dijeh basically annulled the loose arms issue, and the Mk III and GP04 look great to me, and even the Nightingale isn't bad, it is just a brick due to its design (much like the similar brick yet awesome Ex-S Master Grade.) Plus all suits are ones I never even expected would get official model releases, ever, which is why I love the line so much.
Jak Crow

And they've already undermined the Re/100 line with that NG 1/100 Barbatos w/ inner frame which seems confusing.
Xenosynth

Sort of but not really? The Re/100s still have near MG Equivalent outer details + marking seals. The 1/100 NG Barbatos actually has a rather plain outer shell for those parts, no additional decals or any fancy color differences.
iguanaman8989

Don't forget the modular nature of the Barbatos. If they're planning on following a similar release style as the HG, the MS kits will be rather bare-bones when it comes to accessories and weapons, to be supplemented with the extra weapon packs.
YokozunaBulldozer

Just saw the boxart for HG Barbatos and I gotta say, the Obari is strong with this one(check out the boxart and you will know what I mean).
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Dark Duel

Indeed, I see what you mean. But it is still pretty badass-looking.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Xenosynth

I think Bandai is trying to make up for earlier lack of MGs but:
MG:
Amazing Exia
V2 Ver Ka
HYAKU SHIKI KAI MASS PRODUCTION TYPE BANDAI I LOVE YOU THE MK III GP04 AND HSKAIMP THEY ARE PANDERING TO ME I SWEAR

RG: Wing EW
Dark Duel

Not particularly excited about any of those myself. MG Amazing Exia was a foregone conclusion considering they did Dark Matter, V2's not a bad one, Hyaku Shiki Kai is a surprise, though.

Mythgarr

Yeah, that Hyaku Shiki Kai (what?) Mass Production Type (double what?) is a massive suprise.
MG V2 is finally a whole new mold.
RG Wing EW and MG Amazing Exia is just Bandai being lazy.
Visit The Dreams