AGE Models

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
AnimeMun

AGE Models

Ok, well, you know how 00 had all the Trans-am releases to pump out more money from people? Well, why do I now have a feeling that when AGE is all said and done for a couple of major bombs on people we are probably going to see a PG of each of the three main suits (complete with the different wear parts) But the same treatment in a designers color version for the MG or HG molds? I have to admit I did get both the designer's and Trans-am versoins of 00 Raiser. (which irritates me cause mine got trashed by a former landlord...) So why not do it for the AGE gundams? Call it something along the lines of "AGE-1 Complete set" or something like that?
A supporter of the HARO mafia.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

This should probably be a secret but... MY NAME IS ANIME-MUN!
valkyriepilot

Re: AGE Models

Uhm.... I'm pretty sure Bandai has already covered all that angles from their marketing strategy... :roll:
Compass

I remember one of my first SD models had a Gundam with "wear" parts that converted it to Perfect and Full Armor Gundam.

The cooler part was that those wear parts also fit on the included White Base, resulting in Perfect White base and Full Armor White Base.

That being said, it's to be expected. Adding Striker Packs, Impulse Packs, was the norm rather than the exception for SEED, and practically every other Gundam series to date.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
Quick Picks that ended Last Season: Gundam Build Fighters!!! Buddy Complex
steeltamashii

Compass wrote: That being said, it's to be expected. Adding Striker Packs, Impulse Packs, was the norm rather than the exception for SEED, and practically every other Gundam series to date.
They've been adding extra parts to the kits much earlier than SEED actually. The Gundam F90 Type A.D.S. (released in October of '90) had tons of extra packs and weapons equipped to it.

As for the AGE kits tho, weren't they releasing and selling the Titan and Sparrow parts separately? If that's what they did with the AGE-1 kits, i'd think they'd continue to do so. I don't know a whole lot about the AGE kits so take this with a grain of salt. The only AGE kit I have is a HG 1/144 of the original AGE-1 Gundam.
My personal blog: gusteeltamashii.tumblr.com
Watch Gamers Unrated LIVE on Wednesdays @ 3PM Eastern Time at:
www.royalcrownstudios.com/radio!
Also watch past episodes on YouTube:
www.youtube.com/user/GamersUnratedShow
And follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gamersunrated
I am a HUcast. To know what you are take the quiz here.
Compass

I was giving a more common example and then referring to the entire time line :P

The only transformable models I've purchased or seen are the SD ones, simply because there's fewer runners/collecting involved.

I also had the TOMY line of Liger Zero from Zoids, which did have individual runners for the CAS and upgrade parts for units in special grab bags. TOMY made the customization insane with BLOX and almost universal nubs and Polycaps.
Watching: Black Bullet, The World is Still Beautiful, Brynhildr in the Darkness, Captain Earth, The Irregular at Magic High School
steeltamashii

Compass wrote:I was giving a more common example and then referring to the entire time line :P
My baaaad :oops:

As for the original question, i can't say much for PG of the AGE Gundams, but they do have MegaSize 1/48 kits of the AGE-1 and 2 out now:

http://www.hobbywave.com/plastic_models ... ormal.html

However i'm sure you'll see PG kits out soon after AGE is out.
reeoyuy

steeltamashii wrote: As for the AGE kits tho, weren't they releasing and selling the Titan and Sparrow parts separately? If that's what they did with the AGE-1 kits, i'd think they'd continue to do so. I don't know a whole lot about the AGE kits so take this with a grain of salt. The only AGE kit I have is a HG 1/144 of the original AGE-1 Gundam.
That must be GB 1/100 figure, the one with limb-swapping as its main gimmick. Never heard individual/separate wear releases for HG or AG.
Gelgoog Jager

So, what's the best chance we have for seeing a model kit of the Defurse or its new variant? Could it actually be released as a 1/144 HG model kit? Or is a 1/400 Gundam Collection figure the only possibility?
Random_GM_Pilot

I wouldn't hold my breath for an HG Defurse.
SHIHO: This is Codename “Background”. Codenames “Lenny” and “Carl” are suitably distracted. Begin the operation.
steeltamashii

Gelgoog Jager wrote:So, what's the best chance we have for seeing a model kit of the Defurse or its new variant? Could it actually be released as a 1/144 HG model kit? Or is a 1/400 Gundam Collection figure the only possibility?
Probably not right now, at least as a HG. Maybe in no-grade form possibly, but I don't see the marketability of a HG Defurse over some of the other suits they can make in HG plastics.
AnimeMun

Do we EVER see mobile armor class units like the Defruse get produced? And I do not count additive units like the Dendrobrium or the GN ARMS units. I'm talking Big Zam level concepts

The Cross-Culture Hero.

Random_GM_Pilot

AnimeMun wrote:Do we EVER see mobile armor class units like the Defruse get produced? And I do not count additive units like the Dendrobrium or the GN ARMS units. I'm talking Big Zam level concepts
The only one I can think of is the HG Psyco Gundam. And even then, they never tried for the Mk-II. Big Zam, Neue Ziel, Alpha Azieru and so forth don't get merchandising outside of way smaller scales like 1/400.
SHIHO: This is Codename “Background”. Codenames “Lenny” and “Carl” are suitably distracted. Begin the operation.
Gelgoog Jager

I was indeed hoping the Defurse could get a chance considering not only the GN Arms kits, but also the Kshatriya HGUC kit, a rather large UC model which I have heard also has uses a bigger box.

I guess I can still cross my fingers and hope that a line similar to Fix Figuration eventually releases it.
Dark Duel

Gelgoog Jager wrote:the Kshatriya HGUC kit, a rather large UC model which I have heard also has uses a bigger box.
You bet it does - the local hobby shop in my area got precisely one HGUC Kshatriya, and its box is roughly the same size as that of a Master Grade.
But honestly, I don't see the Defurse getting a kit. It COULD happen, but I think it's pretty unlikely.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Random_GM_Pilot

A lot of people seem to forget this, but most of Kshatriya's perceived size is in those binders (which do take up a lot of plastic and space). Without them, it's not much different than the HGUC Sazabi in terms of size. It's nothing on the scale of a Psyco, Dendrobium, or Big Zam.
Compass

IMO, if we were to get a Defurse, it would probably be via the SD treatment. The long legs of the normal Defurse would be A LOT of plastic, and in an SD version, it would probably just be stubby legs on stubby legs to conform with the style, which would still make it maybe 1 head taller than the SD scaled AGE-1. which would make it probably on par with the AGE-2 and AGE-1 SD kits in terms of box size (i.e. twice as large as most 1/144 kits).
steeltamashii

Compass wrote:IMO, if we were to get a Defurse, it would probably be via the SD treatment. The long legs of the normal Defurse would be A LOT of plastic, and in an SD version, it would probably just be stubby legs on stubby legs to conform with the style, which would still make it maybe 1 head taller than the SD scaled AGE-1. which would make it probably on par with the AGE-2 and AGE-1 SD kits in terms of box size (i.e. twice as large as most 1/144 kits).
Altho that actually seems alot more likely then an HG Defurse, the issue is still the question of whether or not something like that kit would sell. You already have alot of people who won't buy an SD kit because of their own thoughts on the scale, and the SD kits that seem to sell (at least on HLJ anyways) seem to be more of the main mobile suits. A Defurse kit would seem to be a risk no matter what scale it is, so I don't think Bandai would release a kit of it anytime soon.
Compass

Well, if people can get Defurse to Big Zam fame, then maybe.

Certainly liked the Kshatriya SD model, though the box is as big as the AGE-1 and AGE-2 wear combos.

http://tisinc99.com/gd438653.html

It's a shame people have such bias against SD, though. I totally enjoy their large heads, having grown up with them and watch them develop... legs. And mobility. :lol:

I could really use some Vagan SD suits to match up against my AGE 2 at this point though. Getting kinda bummed having to face my SD Gundams against other series' Gundams.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2641/img0390j.jpg
AnimeMun

That is a crazy set up for the AGE 2, too bad you can't pull that off with the HG models.

The Cross-Culture Hero.

Compass

The SD kit for AGE 2 probably gave wearing the Double Bullet for the shoulders simply because there's so many spare wear parts as a result of the SD kit being enough parts to build one and a half Gundams.

If the Strider isn't wearing them, they'd be sitting on the wear parts rack that came included with the set.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5019/img0391vt.jpg

(The wear rack also fits on the stand vertically so the head would be looking up. No Action Base so the rack gets to look boring on the ground).

It would be cool to build a wear parts carrier like how the DB was deployed for HG kits though.

At the moment, though, HGs can get the nice Hangar Base with weapon racks. Could probably kit it up with spare parts to hold additional wears.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10159760