Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Hi_Nu_Gundam

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Damn first the almighty Xi Gundam now the double X? Bandai, you're doing it right, at last...
Things never to say/ask on MAHQ:

Did Char and Amuro Really die?
I think Wing is better than UC.
Really, are Char and Amuro Dead?
Gundam Seed Destiny was a great show, better than Turn A!
Where can I find Gundam hentai?
Seriously people, did Char and Amuro die or not!?
Heecarl_Reez

Official promo images for RG Destiny: 1, 2
Looks good, the feet might be too big for some, but I'm okay with it. Especially after coming from RG Justice which is a rather pain to make it stand (with Fatum esp.), hopefully it'll help Destiny stands better. Shame the Wings of Light is Bandai Hobby shop limited, I'm still planning to get it though...
Gundam420

What I'd like to know is why does the Beam Shield need stickers? The HG, MG, and SD's all had colored shields. Makes no sense when it already has colored beams.
PSN: (Japan Account) gundaminator
Xenosynth

I think that the beam shield stickers might be for effect, like how on the Master Grade Nu Gundma Ver Ka, even though they have the clear green for the psychoframe and camera lenses and stuff, they have supplemental stickers you can either put over them to make them opaque, or, in the case of the psychoframe, silver stickers that go under to make the piece appear shinier.
Heecarl_Reez

Finally MG Geara Doga (4800 yen), and HGUC Gerbera to accompany RG GP01...

http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/artic ... 5212/index
Also, HG Astray Red Frame Flight Unit (August 1700 yen), will include the BuCue head to recreate the scene from the Promo Video.
Xenosynth

My wallet. It weeps. Just last week I was complaining about the lack of a modern Gerbera Tetra, and while I normally stick to MG, I'd be content with an HGUC of it, oh yes. And the Geara Doga too. Hnnnnnngh. Dammit bandai. ;~;
Mythgarr

Why Astray Red Frame with flight unit? Why not ARF Kai?

But I am good with ARF flight unit. Anything Astray is good for me :)
Visit The Dreams
Calubin_175

Finally, a year of UC only MGs. We should be inevitably be expecting a Jegan later.
joelfinkle

I can't say I love that Gerbera Tetra - it's a little bulky in the shoulders, and lacking some of the sleekness. I'm hopeful it's something in the prototype frame or how it's posed, and will look better in the finals.

It's not as bad as the GM Cannon II, one of my favorite suits from 0083 and completely underwhelmed in HGUC version.
SNT1

Calubin_175 wrote:Finally, a year of UC only MGs. We should be inevitably be expecting a Jegan later.
Until AGE-3 and/or FX ruins it all :|

Good news of releases all around. Maybe they could ride this CCA-ness, get a Jagd Doga in the fall and culminate with a Sazabi Ver. Ka in December that hopefully is not much more expensive than the current one (it was IMO overpriced for the size/content of the model)
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Mythgarr

SNT1 wrote:
Calubin_175 wrote:Finally, a year of UC only MGs. We should be inevitably be expecting a Jegan later.
Until AGE-3 and/or FX ruins it all :|

Good news of releases all around. Maybe they could ride this CCA-ness, get a Jagd Doga in the fall and culminate with a Sazabi Ver. Ka in December that hopefully is not much more expensive than the current one (it was IMO overpriced for the size/content of the model)
we still have AGE-2 Double Bullet, AGE-3 normal, AGE-FX, and probably AGE-3 Fortress....or AGE-1 Swordia...

also, rumor has it that a bootleg HG 1/144 Gerbera Tetra is in the work, and preliminary pictures show that it'd be more detailed than Bandai's upcoming one....
Last edited by Mythgarr on Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit The Dreams
Xenosynth

Actually, I like the Age 3 MGs. If only because I love the DODS BAzooka thing they both use. Then again I've been a fan of beam bazookas since I got the HGUC Dom/Rick Dom and saw it on that kit.
Fignuts

FINALLY

Feel like I've been waiting forever for a Gerbera Tetra kit.

Also, I've often been tempted to start buying the HGUC CCA kits, but a sneaking suspicion that they were going to go MG stayed my hand. Glad I trusted my instincts. Hopefully this kit does well enough that we see the Jagd Dogas and Jegan. I'd be up for a Re-Gz 2.0 as well.
Dark Duel

The MG AGE-2DB looks AWESOME. I honestly can't wait.
I never much liked the Gerbera Tetra, so probably I'll pass on that one myself.
Personally, I think the ARF Kai looks silly with that big triangular thing dangling off its back - though the Flight Form configuration looked rather cool. All the same, I personally prefer the plain old Red Frame with its Flight Unit, myself.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
iguanaman8989

It's to tie into the two new Astray series coming out (photo novels, I think).
The MG kits were based on the designs from the previous series, which takes place chronologically after the new ones coming out.
That's why they're just the normal Blue Frame 2nd L and standard Red Frame, before they got all the nifty upgrades.

(Besides, the Red Frame also comes with the BuCUE head double beam saber, which is all sorts of awesome in it's own right)
Dark Duel

Yeah; pity it was like a one-off thing that he used one time and then never again, because that goofball dropped it and then forgot to go back for it.
I seriously LOL'd at that. And still do, every time I rewatch that video :P
I'll almost certainly end up picking up the Red Frame HG.
Blue Frame 2nd L I probably won't bother with, since I've got the even-cooler MG Blue Second Revise.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Fignuts

Man, I already planned on getting the MG Shin Matsunaga Zaku II, but I'm considering getting the HGUC version for the box art alone. Absolutely gorgeous.

MG box art has been fantastic for a while now, but HGUC seems to be catching up, if not outright surpassing them. Bandai really should put out an art book featuring their gunpla box art over the years. Even the really old kits from first gundam and Zeta were cool in their own way. I'd certainly buy something like that.
Raiden

Surprised no one noted the Doven Wolf Unicorn ver. HGUC to be out in August.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uddEXwn18cY/U ... 0/1b32.jpg

only another week till hopefully a nice reveal at the Shizuoka Hobby show!
Arsarcana

Didn't see it before now but I have only two words: ****. Yes.