Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
Fignuts

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Yeah, should be great, but I'll be waiting for the ZZ version.
Raiden

I rather like the Sleeve versions instead. Especially the Dreissen. So in that end im glad it isn't a hobby online exclusive like Dra-C Unicorn Ver. and Full Frontal's Geara Doga.
iguanaman8989

MG RX-78-2 Gundam Ver 3.0
August 2013 4500 yen

Can't really understand what's being said in the Google translated text, but discussion seems to be pointing to it being essentially a 1/100 RG kit.
Fignuts

Makes sense. We are about due for a new MG Original Gundam.

I might get it. Love the charm of my 2.0 but I do need a more realistic style RX-78-2 in my collection.
Xenosynth

I agree. While the 2.0 was awesome, and the Ver OYW not that bad, this seems like it'll be a good midground between them, not a complete detail overkill with the lining like the OYW and not as simplified as the outer frame of the 2.0.
RLZIII

The RX-78-2 Gundam Ver. 3.0 is listed as coming with the beam rifle, shield, bazooka, and two beam sabers. So a pretty standard weapon set; was hoping for a more complete set including the hammers and whatnot. But no big deal. What really gets me is the other bit that was confirmed: the kit will have 22 runners. I did a bit of looking on Dalong to get some numbers:

Ver. 1.0 - 10 runners
Ver. 1.5 - 14 runners
Ver. Ka - 10 runners
Perfect - 13 runners
Ver. OYW - 10 runners
Ver. 2.0 - 14 runners

And just for reference: Nu Gundam Ver. Ka - 24 runners (including stand). Keep in mind that newer kits (such as the Ver. 2.0) have larger tress for the most part than older kits (such as the Ver. 1.0). So 22 runners for the Ver. 3.0...that's pretty intense. Either the runners are significantly smaller for some reason or the kit will definitely set itself apart from previous MG incarnations of the RX-78-2.
Fignuts

Interesting. I would guess there are going to be a lot more small, moving parts.
Gone Astray

Thank god, the Amatsu's not going to be plated. Hopefully if they do a remaster line for Destiny, the Akatsuki will see the same treatment.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
SNT1

Not really a big fan of original Gundam, and 3.0 looks like a scaled-up RG. Tech and gimmick wise I wonder what it can offer that the 2.0 doesn't?

MG Geara Doga's nice. Aside from that, this 2013 show seems weak to me. (HG Astray kits? We... err the Japanese fans still care about those outdated molds?)
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Xenosynth

I really liked the Gerbera Tetra, Doven Wolf, RG GP01 FB, MG Geara Doga, and the 3.0. While the 3.0 seems to be getting a decent bit of flak I don't really see much else they can do. I honestly am glad since I wanted one that wasn't as simplified as the 2.0's outer frame while having an amazing inner frame on par with the 2.0. And unlike the RG maybe it the upscaling will help with the stability. We'll have to see how it fares.
RLZIII

The RX-78-2 Gundam Ver. 3.0 will (like previously confirmed) come with the beam rifle, shield, one bazooka, and two beam sabers. There will be an expansion set that will include the beam javelin, Gundam hammer, second bazooka, LED (it goes in the chest, but it seems like it will light the head up), and water-slide decals. Doesn't seem like there's a word on price or how it will be released, though (special edition, separate purchase, online exclusive?)
Fignuts

Ugh, more astrays? Give me a HG Dinn already!

On a brighter note, the Geara Doga looks fantastic. Might have to preorder that one. The GP01 might end up being my first RG.
Kratos

The 3.0 will have to be some kind of amazing to get my money, unfortunately. I have (and am very satisfied with) my 2.0; I think there'd probably have to be an ORIGIN or Evolve version to get me to add another RX-78 to my shelf.
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Gone Astray

SNT1 wrote:MG Geara Doga's nice. Aside from that, this 2013 show seems weak to me. (HG Astray kits? We... err the Japanese fans still care about those outdated molds?)
They're all-new molds. I thought at first that they were just reusing the old ones, too, but then I saw the arms, legs, and skirt have more intricate detailing. I, for one, plan on cannibalizing the old kits to make an incomplete Amtasu.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
Arsarcana

Doven Wolf has the large missiles, sweet.
Raiden

Its a shame this year the Shizuoka Hobby show pretty much withered down to only giving us one new release since the 3.0 was kinda leaked 2 days earlier. Maybe its because Bandai also had to pump out Valvrave stuff too but in the end I guess the Gunpla Expo in the fall will give us a lot more future reveals from now on.

Regardless, the 3.0 looks awesome. Glad i don't have to pick up the OYW ver anymore even though i still like that design as well.
Calubin_175

Epic promo video of the Ver.3.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojtotzVnb9E

Would the appearance of this Ver.3.0 render the PG Strike obsolete as well?
Random_GM_Pilot

I am SUPER excited for the revamped Astrays, especially since I've been waiting forever for an Amatsu Mina that's in scale with my Sword Calamity. It'll be great to have Second L too for similar reasons, and the BuCue head might tilt Red towards the "buy" pile as well.

MG Gundam 3.0 just makes me say "whoop-de-friggin' doo". Yet another Gundam, only this time it has all the unnecessary panel lines, hideous miscolorings, and unnecessary armor splitting of the RG. Hooray. The MG 2.0 was amazing, and if this is where MGs are headed in general, it makes me glad that I stick to HGs usually.

Geara Doga looks nice, but not much to really say. HGUC Zogok is one of those kits where I have to wonder how many people care about this fugly old thing outside of hardcore gunota. Well, them and people who specifically want to see the Byalant destroy one, which I suppose I can understand.

Oh, and the Doven Wolf makes me ECSTATIC, but I really hope they make a ZZ version, because the Unicorn colors are ass-ugly and I'd like to not have to sand off those awful sleeves markings like I did with the Dreissen if I can avoid it.
SHIHO: This is Codename “Background”. Codenames “Lenny” and “Carl” are suitably distracted. Begin the operation.
Xenosynth

Iono, I feel the 2.0 is overrated honestly. It's a good looking kit but my issue with it is that, it has that beautiful detailed, overly detailed almost, inner frame, yet the outer frame is so simplistic. Which I suppose was the point but I really like the more detailed design of the RG/3.0 compared to the 2.0s.

I might just be getting defensive though because it seems like everyone really dislikes the 3.0 and I just really enjoyed the 3.0 announcement, because it means I can hope for a Zaku 3.0 and so on. I guess it's more of a backlash to backlash? People hype up something as being so terrible that when it's okay it seems that the people are just being negative for silly reasons.

I really think you don't have to worry about the MG line changing. After the 2.0s came out, not all models adopted the 2.0 aesthetics. They just are using the 3.0 as a testing ground and probably will only make the full 3.0 features apply to the OYW kits, and then only slightly implement the other features into future models.

(Side note but... slight pet peeve. Technically, given the way the parts are, it's not really based on the real grade (It seems to have a real inner frame) and the part splits aren't the same. It's based on the G30th Gundam design.)

Though I will agree with you on the Doven Wolf needing ZZ color version. Though the fact that they specify it as the UC color version makes me feel it is safe to say we'll get a normal color one. Still hoping that the Doven Wolf leads to a really long due Gundam Mk V since they have many design similarities. It's too bad it's probably only gonna be an HGUC, but I really doubt they'll make an MG doven wolf if they took this long to get even an HGUC of it. While the line has advanced since the old Bawoo and other old ZZ models, I just... really don't like HG's unless I make a custom project out of them. They are too quick to build, and the inner frame of an MS is probably my most favorite part to build. Still, I can hope that after Unicorn, if no new series is announced, that they'll start pulling on older designs.
Last edited by Xenosynth on Mon May 20, 2013 6:15 am, edited 3 times in total.