Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Discuss models, figures, Blu-rays and more.
SNT1

Re: Upcoming Models, Merch, & Rumors XI

Ahah! The Tallgeese! Wing MG is still alive! Let III be released as well! And I hope there's an option for the T2 head, too...

It's like I stopped caring about the rest of the future releases...
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Xenosynth

Sort of random but I didn't see anyone post about this, the MG Nu Gundam Ver Ka is confirmed as coming WITH waterslide decals, rather than normal ones. Which for me is very awesome <3
Gelgoog Jager

Besides the Nu Gundam in December that celebrates the 25th anniversary of CCA, we just had the Aegis in October completing the set of the initial five GATX series MS in SEED, the Dark Hound which was oddly released before the Double Bullet for the AG universe, and the Tallgeese that comes out in January, basically completing the set of all early Gundam type MS in AC.

What can we expect in the future of the MG line?

-More Seed? Will we see Calamity, Forbidden, Raider, Justice and/or Providence?
-More Wing? At least Altron Gundam, Tallgeese II and Tallgeese III? I'm not sure if the Kai versions of Heavyarms and Sandrock need a MG, particuarly the later since Sandrocks current Mg kit already includes the beam machinegun.
-Despite its terrible results, maybe more AGE? The fact that Bandai decided to skip the Double Bullet and release the Dark Hound already does make me wonder if the MG AGE lineup will be cut short. As for what AGE MS might still have a chance to get a MG kit, gundam.info held a poll in October and these were the results:

AGE MS poll

Any other ideas?
joelfinkle

I agree that SEED is probably played out at this point for attractive MGs: The enemy suits were mostly one-shots, and the ones you mentioned, in my opinion, were particularly ugly and ungainly. That being said, they appear to be popular, so I wouldn't be surprised if they strip-mine it.

Wing Grunts? Leo, Aries, Maganac would be nice.

0083: Gerbera Tetra. 'nuff said (although I'd like a better version of the GM Cannon II than the HG, it just looks clumsy)

0080: I'd like to see more from here. The 'Goog Jaeger and RX-77D Guncannon MP are pretty sharp-looking suits.
Xenosynth

As the post above me said, I am pretty sure SEED is done for now, unless they want a justice to go with the Freedom. We'll have to see.

From Wing, actually, I'd be interested in the MErcurius or Vayeate, and maybe the Virgo. Leo would probably happen first though if any more MS are coming out for it.

Gerbera Tetra would be awesome and maybe even the GP04 Gerbera >.> Though that's wishful thinking.

I actually really would like to see more GM variants given that we have the GM 2.0. Maybe the Striker, or any of the sniper types. The Sniper II and Sniper Custom both would be very nice to have.

Also agreed with the above and 0080, though also the RIck DOm II would be nice too.
Gone Astray

Gelgoog Jager wrote:-More Wing? At least Altron Gundam, Tallgeese II and Tallgeese III? I'm not sure if the Kai versions of Heavyarms and Sandrock need a MG, particuarly the later since Sandrocks current Mg kit already includes the beam machinegun.
The Heavyarms and Sandrock kits are both set up already for their Kai versions, with the Sandrock having shoulder slots for the beam cloak and both just needing a swap on their weapons and colors. They're fairly popular and Wing's a push right now, so I doubt they'll be relegated to web shop exclusives.
"For who would lose, though full of pain, this intellectual being--those thoughts that wander through eternity; to perish rather, swallowed up and lost in the wide womb of uncreated night, devoid of sense and motion?"
Kratos

On the topic of 0080, I would probably do some pretty extreme stuff for a MG HyGogg
"The beast of opportunity finds its master and soars through a shaken cosmos"
Gelgoog Jager

In my last post I forgot to consider that we might see some 08th MS Team model kits around February, when the BD Memorial Box comes out along with the new short film.

The MG line has already covered the Ez8, RX-79[G], RGM-79[G] (standard and sniper versions) and MS-07B-3. If a MG kit came out to celebrate, it would most likely be the MS-06JC or a special edition of either the Ez8 or RX-79[G].

I'm still hoping that we will get some HGUC Zeon kits from that series next year.
Mythgarr

Oh, I am wishing for for RX-79[G] v 2.0 and AGE-2 Artimes for MG.
Visit The Dreams
Calubin_175

Either RX-79 Ver.2.0 or RG.

Maybe we'll have to wait for the Stardust Memory box for a GP01 revival release. War in the Pocket may follow the same as it came one year after CCA.
joelfinkle

Gelgoog Jager wrote:In my last post I forgot to consider that we might see some 08th MS Team model kits around February, when the BD Memorial Box comes out along with the new short film....
I'm still hoping that we will get some HGUC Zeon kits from that series next year.
Hear hear! A Gouf Flight or an MS-06RD-4 would be sweet in either HG or MG. The lineart for the Zaku/Rick-Dom hybrid is pretty lame, but the suit's pretty badass on-screen, even if it is only one episode.
Arsarcana

Didn't the display for MG Tallgeese make a point of the 'OZ Frame' runners like they did for the XXXG frame when Wing came out? That suggests a few more designs in the planning stage. Tallgeese II is almost a no-brainer and if they're going to do the full EW lineup of Gundams they might as well do the III. Leo I'm pretty sure we'll eventually see and I'd kill for Mercurius and Vayeate in some form, even if it's HG rather than MG.

SEED I'm not sure on but I won't be surprised if they round out Athrun's lineup with a Justice MG. Is it also too much to hope for a Blast Impulse MG? I'm not a huge fan of it but come on, the poor thing has been completely shafted.

Also, MG Gundam X and Victory 2. Come on Bandai, you know you want to.
blind_dead_mcjones

nothing much to add in regards to wing MG's that hasn't already been said

SEED still has life in it between the aforementioned justice gundam and blast impulse, plus the titular stargazer along with the blu duel and verde buster to compliment the strike noir (also lets not forget the gold frame amatu)

EDIT: forget to mention the providence, the legend and the saviour
Last edited by blind_dead_mcjones on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flag Fighter for life!
Mythgarr

My dream MGs:

X/X Divider/Double X
Airmaster/Burst
Leopard/Destroy
Virsago/Chest Break
Ashtaron/Hermit Crab
Belphagor

Blue Duel
Verde Buster

Blast Impulse
Astray Out Frame (with all other impulse and striker packs out)
Testament

AGE-2 Artimes/Double Bullet
Visit The Dreams
Fignuts

Only suit left in the original series to get a MG is the Zock, if I'm not mistaken. Would love to have one to round out the collection.

The original Zaku I MG is pretty dated, and could probably use a 2.0. Surprised they haven't released that yet, given they could make some cash off reusing parts for BT Zaku I, Ranba's Zaku, and the Zaku Sniper.
blind_dead_mcjones

Fignuts wrote:Only suit left in the original series to get a MG is the Zock, if I'm not mistaken. Would love to have one to round out the collection.
given that the Zock would be for all intents and purposes a paperweight with moveable arms i don't really see that happening anytime soon, then again they did do an MG of the Guntank and the Zeong so its not completely outside the realm of possibility, still a bit of a longshot though
Flag Fighter for life!
Gelgoog Jager

It seems we have a possible answer regarding the future MG kits:

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny HD Remaster Project - Begins!

If it follows the same trends as SEED HD, we will most likely see MG kits of the Chaos, Gaia, Abyss and Saviour, besides a possible Blast Impulse. Personally I would love a MG Zaku Warrior/Phantom kit that includes all 3 main wizards.

On the other hand, we can probably also expect some renewed Destiny Restart HG kits just like Seed's:

http://bandai-hobby.net/site/gunpla_seed.html#top

So far the only truly "new" HG kits were the Lagowe and the M1 Astray. I'm still hoping to see some more HG kits of ZAFT grunt MS.

Last, but not least, we will probably at least get an Impulse and/or Strike Freedom RG kit(s).
SNT1

I would still be surprised if they release ZAKU Warrior MGs. Non-Gundam AU mecha historically don't get much love. (GN-X is the only non-Gundam AU MG right?)

Might see MG Blast Impulse, hoping for a MG Freedom 2.0 to make history.

I like the look of the new SEED MGs so I welcome DESTINY MGs.
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
Gelgoog Jager

So, do you think we might see HG of the EA's grunts: Strike Dagger, Dagger L and/or Windam?
Heecarl_Reez

OK to going along with the SEED D HDR announcement surprise surprise the next RG is... not Strike Freedom surprisingly it's the Destiny!!(To be honest this is probably the first Destiny merchandise to be released before SF in a long time :P) Release date spring 2013 which probably is February 2013 if we're going by RG usual 3 month release. Bring it onnnn!!

There's also recolor of HG Nemo(in zeta color), released on January.
More...
http://blog.yahoo.com/cybergundam/articles/876580/index

HG Astray Blue Frame 2ndL February 1700 yen
HG Perfect Strike- February 1700 yen
HGUC Ez8!!- April(?) 1600 yen
HGUC MSV Seems like Black tristar Zaku- February 1600 yen
HGUC Jesta Cannon- February 2000 yen
MG JESTA! - TBA 2013- 4500 yen
BB Senshi Banshee- March
BB Senshi Delta Plus- February