The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 12

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Poochi

Hmm, I think Saji will end up piloting the 00, but will be reluctant initially because of what happened to Louise. I'm also guessing Nena will be his mentor while Saji is coming to grips with the Gundam.

Remember people, you read it here first! lol
Code name Lockon Stratos. The man who can snipe from across the stratosphere.
Recon 5

Neo_Senku wrote:
Recon 5 wrote:It would be very interesting for Ali to meet his end by being distracted during battle by a specter of Lockon. Can anyone say karma?
only thing is i dont think those two ever saw what the other looked like.
I think "Whoa! What just happened!?" should throw him off enough to take a GN Lance through the cockpit- yes, I wouldn't mind him being offed by a grunt either.

To Poochi:
AHEM! Saji thread down there. V
Yay for functional signatures!

THE OFFICIAL SAJI FANCLUB. PLEASE POST YOUR SAJI SPECULATIONS HERE
thehod

Refer to the Saji Crossroad fan club discussion for all things Saji.
L.U.T.A.

I think "Whoa! What just happened!?" should throw him off enough to take a GN Lance through the cockpit- yes, I wouldn't mind him being offed by a grunt either.
I wouldn't respect the series at all if they killed Ali off with a regular grunt but maybe Lockon's twin brother could have something to do with his death. Instead of a Z gundam like death. I hope this gundam will be a little realistic and not a psychic drama like the original UC series. Don't get me wrong I love Lala and her ghost-like identity but I hope this gundam will have something new to introduce to the total universe of gundam.

After seeing the 25th though I'm truly confused, like everyone else I suppose,...

with Ribbons and his Innovator. What is it? Is he still following the Aoelia dream or is this his own dream?

could someone else also clarify if the new alliance between nations is the Earth's Sphere Federation (ESF)?

and also the new mobile suits with the (ESF)? did specs come out on them at all? Beam Lance like (F91)?

If there are no answers... then sorry I asked?
~Searching for happiness...
The blue bird flies away
Dark Duel

We know nothing about the ESF's modified GN-X mobile suits beyond the fact that they're retolled GN-X with a lance.
(Also, the Shot Lancers of the Crossbone Vanguard (in F91 and the X-bone mangas) weren't beam weapons)

The ESF is indeed, from what I can tell, an outgrowth of the "UN Force" the AEU, HRL and Union had formed, except it has almost 110x as many member nations (328 member nations instead of 3)

As long as Ali dies, I'm happy. And frankly, I would hate to see Saji as a Meister, or even a pilot, period. The civilian perspective he gave us is part of what made this series awesome IMHO.
And I'm just as curious as to this "Regene"/Tieria-lookalike as everyone else. Although I'm a little more curious about why exactly Shirin seems to've left Azadistan. Marina seemed troubled by her departure.
And I really hope Allelujah survives and keeps that hairstyle, it looks so much better than the Emo-Sweep.

Yes, Lockon pulling a Mwu/Neo would suck. And I also think Ali getting Yuna'd would be kinda sucky, because as evil as he is, he's still too badass to get such a pathetic death.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deacon Blues

Dark Duel wrote:Yes, Lockon pulling a Mwu/Neo would suck. And I also think Ali getting Yuna'd would be kinda sucky, because as evil as he is, he's still too badass to get such a pathetic death.
Considering Official File.04 states that he was killed in action, I don't believe we have to worry about him any longer.
Camille Vidan

Hmm, I think Saji will end up piloting the 00, but will be reluctant initially because of what happened to Louise. I'm also guessing Nena will be his mentor while Saji is coming to grips with the Gundam.
well, let's just say that you don't have a future in storywriting.
Neo_Senku

Camille Vidan wrote:
i 2nd that opinion

EDIT: This is spam. Don't do it again, please.

~ShadowCell
ShadowCell

Deacon Blues wrote:
Dark Duel wrote:Yes, Lockon pulling a Mwu/Neo would suck. And I also think Ali getting Yuna'd would be kinda sucky, because as evil as he is, he's still too badass to get such a pathetic death.
Considering Official File.04 states that he was killed in action, I don't believe we have to worry about him any longer.
Who, Ali? 'cuz that guy in the bar looked a lot like him, and had Ali's tattoo, and even sounded like him (as much as one can glean from a single grunt).
Camille Vidan

yeah it's pretty obvious that Ali survived. I mean, that was the point of that scene guys.
Deacon Blues

I was referring to Lockon.
Destiny_Gundam

Deacon is refering to Lockon, guys. Lockon is listed as KIA in the official file, so he won't be coming back.

Also, there's only one way Ali can die. After an epic battle with Setsuna, one with many casualties, Ali gets a sword in the cockpit. "Haha!" he laughs "This is great! The ultimate feeling! It's been fun, Kurdish brat! I'll see you in hell!" and then his suit explodes, all the while Ali has a huge grin on his face, kinda like this.

Setsuna may be victorious, but he won't feel like he's won.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Zero Revenge

L.U.T.A. wrote:
I wouldn't respect the series at all if they killed Ali off with a regular grunt but maybe Lockon's twin brother could have something to do with his death. Instead of a Z gundam like death. I hope this gundam will be a little realistic and not a psychic drama like the original UC series. Don't get me wrong I love Lala and her ghost-like identity but I hope this gundam will have something new to introduce to the total universe of gundam.
It would be fitting for Ali to be snuffed out by a nameless grunt (almost off-screen too for greater affect) that despite the man he was, his death was minor and overshadowed by other effects.

But it wouldn't be a Gundam show if that happened. The Kurdish Brat will kill him. Hopefully Ali tacks on more toe-tags before he's done.
lobster

Indicible wrote:
since he and Soma found their "true love"
I was more thinking along the lines of kindred spirits rather than strictly love.
The difference in age is rather big.
Note the use of quotes. :lol:

It may be more like father and daughter love, but since this is a Japanese show, I won't be surprised they end up as couples. :roll:
Bandai = most environmentally friendly toy maker???

"Reuse that runner 100 times!"
Zero Revenge

lobster wrote:
Indicible wrote:
since he and Soma found their "true love"
I was more thinking along the lines of kindred spirits rather than strictly love.

It may be more like father and daughter love, but since this is a Japanese show, I won't be surprised they end up as couples. :roll:
She's 18. He's what? 47? And this is before the timeskip, making her 22 and him 51.

That's a bit too big of a stretch.
L.U.T.A.

I definitely would think it's more of a father/daughter relationship. But I can see Allelujah takin' some of that Soma (not really fightin') in the second season....
btw it's good to see that they finally have a use for metal swords instead of just looking cool and being outmatched by beam swords. I was so tired of those stupid looking swords in SEED that seemed to be an excuse to make good lookin' sword. But the whole anti-gn-field sword tactic should have been revealed earlier.
The blue bird flies away
L.U.T.A.

i 2nd that opinion
Well I think you might be dissin' Seiji Mizushima because you know Saji locked eyes with Wang Liu Mei in the orbital elevator station, which most definitely will mean they'll meet again. And Louis looks like she might have a part with the Gundam movement as she appeared with the Tierria Erde look alike. Just be careful what you deny guys. It may come true....
The blue bird flies away
lobster

Zero Revenge wrote:
lobster wrote:
Indicible wrote: I was more thinking along the lines of kindred spirits rather than strictly love.

She's 18. He's what? 47? And this is before the timeskip, making her 22 and him 51.

That's a bit too big of a stretch.
Hmm they're 18(22) and 43(47). A bit stretch yeah but there are stretchy couples even in the 21st century. :roll:

Not serious though. :lol:
Bandai = most environmentally friendly toy maker???

"Reuse that runner 100 times!"
Strike Zero

If you're not serious, could you possibly do us a favor and not bring the subject up again?
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Just a thought, but isn't ole Sergei getting a bit old to be piloting?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion