The Official Gundam 00 Anime Thread Mk 6.0

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Dark Duel

I find it more interesting than anything else that the headpiece on Ali's Enact is even more ludicrously large than the one on Patrick's.
And speaking of Patrick, he's looking more and more like Jerid to me: A decent pilot, but hopelessly cocky, loud-mouthed, and unfortunate enough to get repeatedly owned by opponents in superior machines.

Still, Ali has managed to do more with an Enact than Patrick, which is to say...actually land a hit. Or, well, multiple hits. I'm looking forward to seeing Episode 7, seeing how the battle between Setsuna and Ali unfolds.

As for Sumeragi and her possible past/her relationship with Billy...I'll first say that Billy talks a tad too much in my opinion. Second, I will say that if we exclude that scene, Sumeragi's sole purpose in this episode seemed to be fanservice.

And I LOVE Felt. For some unfathomable reason, she reminds me of Latooni from SRW.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Ascension

Dark Duel wrote:And I LOVE Felt. For some unfathomable reason, she reminds me of Latooni from SRW.
It's not really unfathomable. Both of them are cute female versions of Spock. The good thing about Felt is that she isn't a loli, so unlike with Ruri and Lat you don't really have to feel guilty for falling in love with her. The bad thing about Felt is that she isn't a meganekko. This series is really disappointing for me, since the only glasses-wearer so far is not only male (not that he looks it...), but he's a jerk.
Don't call it a comeback...
...in fact, it's best if you forget I was ever here before.
Chris
Administrator

Ascension wrote:It's not really unfathomable. Both of them are cute female versions of Spock. The good thing about Felt is that she isn't a loli, so unlike with Ruri and Lat you don't really have to feel guilty for falling in love with her.
Sorry Pedobear, but Felt is 14 :P Better to stick with legal characters like Sumeragi and Christina.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Akuma_Blade

Sumeragi is reminds me Shin Seiki Evangelion's Misato Katsuragi and so Setsuna is very similar to Heero Yuy.
Strike Zero

Chris wrote:
Ascension wrote:It's not really unfathomable. Both of them are cute female versions of Spock. The good thing about Felt is that she isn't a loli, so unlike with Ruri and Lat you don't really have to feel guilty for falling in love with her.
Sorry Pedobear, but Felt is 14 :P Better to stick with legal characters like Sumeragi and Christina.
*snicker*

Ascension, he is most definitely A CHAR!
Thundermuffin wrote:SETSUNA: There is no Tomino in this world.
Dark Duel

Ascension wrote:Both of them are cute female versions of Spock. The good thing about Felt is that she isn't a loli, so unlike with Ruri and Lat you don't really have to feel guilty for falling in love with her.
Ascension wrote:The bad thing about Felt is that she isn't a meganekko.
As Chris said, not only is Felt a loli, but she's the same age as Lat-chan. 14 yrs old.
Though I agree that it's a pity she doesn't wear glasses, as she'd look about 100x cuter with the right pair of glasses.
Ascension wrote:This series is really disappointing for me, since the only glasses-wearer so far is not only male (not that he looks it...), but he's a jerk.
There's actually three that wear glasses. One's a total jerkoff, the other's a flunky. Sadly, both are men.
The third IS a woman, but she's creeeepy. Almost more like a female version of Sousuke Aizen.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
cantfakethefunk

Wait, who's the third that wears glasses? Vowels, Billy...

...ah, Marina's adviser. Forgot about her.

(Also, I think the 00 character designers are a bit wonky when it comes to girls' ages. Felt does not look 14, and Soma does not look 18. SWITCH THEM, DAMMIT)
Phantomexe87

I guess in the future, women age very differently.
Dean_the_Young

Phantomexe87 wrote:I guess in the future, women age very differently.
Such as 14 year olds with a bust most breast-implant patients would kill for, we know. Now may I suggest we change topic slightly, as to not arouse the moderators' wrath like the last time we got on this topic?
I'm sorry this letter is so long, but I did not have time to make it shorter. -Mark Twain

Official Jerid Fanboy
Zero Revenge

Ascension wrote:I'm contemplating finding myself a good Tieren or Sergei screenshot and declaring myself the forum's official HRL fanboy. We have a Union fanboy already. It's only fair to spread the love around.
And who is this?
Ascension

:shock: Wait, Felt's 14 and Soma's 18?!?!?

That ain't right.

I guess I might have to give up my forum title. I have a pink mech as my avatar and I'm comparing and contrasting lolis with severe emotional problems. :?

And Marina's adviser hardly counts as a glasses-wearer. They're so tiny!
cantfakethefunk

According to the site, yeah.

I dunno. I guess it makes sense with Soma. If she's a designer baby... well, cleavage offers no benefits in mecha combat :P I just think it's funny that she doesn't look her age at all.
Ascension

Maybe she's an amazon. Literally.
ShadowCell

Alright, we get it, you're a lolicon. Are we all done now?

Jesus.
Recon 5

Zero Revenge wrote:
Ascension wrote:I'm contemplating finding myself a good Tieren or Sergei screenshot and declaring myself the forum's official HRL fanboy. We have a Union fanboy already. It's only fair to spread the love around.
And who is this?
LALALA... hey, isn't that a Union guy in your avatar? *runs*

*runs back*
Honestly, I'd say we drop all character design discussions from now on. Plot is much more significant.

Something has occurred to me: perhaps Aeolia isn't really the guy behind Celestial Being's current actions. It may just be that he was simply the founder and the current leaders are using his ideals and statements out of context for their own purposes- i.e. they're doing a Gihren with the old man.
VentZX

Hopefully.

What kinda interested me the most in this episode was when Lockon said that the Exia was Setsuna's whole reason for existing. The way that Setsuna looks at the Exia and the way he talks to it as if it were an extension of his own body. You can only imagine how it will affect him when he inevitably loses a fight. This really brings up the question of why is he fighting? Does he really want to end all wars or is he taking the role of the Gundam that saved his life when he was younger.

Meeting Ali in battle may be the real trigger for Setsuna's development to get rolling. I can't tell how much of next episode deals with Setsuna, but the confrontation between him and Lockon, who's normally pretty easy going, seems to imply something happens during the fight or Setsuna says something stupid. For being a battle hardened soldier, Setsuna is still young and I wouldn't doubt if he was still somewhat naive...

Whatever comes of the next episode, he's going to meet up with Marina soon, so the focus is likely to stay on Setsuna for a while.... hopefully.
cantfakethefunk

Recon 5 wrote:
Zero Revenge wrote:
And who is this?
LALALA... hey, isn't that a Union guy in your avatar? *runs*

*runs back*
Honestly, I'd say we drop all character design discussions from now on. Plot is much more significant.

Something has occurred to me: perhaps Aeolia isn't really the guy behind Celestial Being's current actions. It may just be that he was simply the founder and the current leaders are using his ideals and statements out of context for their own purposes- i.e. they're doing a Gihren with the old man.
Well, we've discussed the plot already and from what I've seen doesn't this place sort of frown on just rampant speculation? XD;

I dunno. It actually sort of interests me what a "designer baby" is--like, how much can they control by this point in human evolution? Can they completely manipulate genes/etc.
VentZX

cantfakethefunk wrote:
Well, we've discussed the plot already and from what I've seen doesn't this place sort of frown on just rampant speculation? XD;
Right, rampant speculation in the vain of saying something like "Graham and Louise are siblings" or something preposterous like that with no solid info to even begin to back it up.

Letting a conversation devolve into '____ is a fan service character' or '___ is a loli' isn't really conducive to discussion, or intelligent discussion at the least. Trust me, this whole thing has been brought up before, and it's pointless to do so again. -_-
Thundermuffin

Is it me, or does Allelujah have some attachment/maybe-crush on Sumeragi?

Bear with me for some more near-baseless speculation.

He acknowledges her presence and her compliment in this episode when he's in the "brig" with surprise/possible delight and later comments to himself when on-mission that "Ms Sumeragi's predictions are always so..."

And last episode he comments to himself "Well-timed support, Ms. Sumeragi" after Lockon snipes the station apart.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but he does seem to say her name a lot. Maybe he's just a brown-noser...
cantfakethefunk

All right.

(I actually don't think Soma is a loli, she's just short without a MASSIVE RACK. ...so she's Asian. *cough*)

I think 5/6 made it fairly clear that Allie is some sort of enhanced/supersoldier like Soma, though either a prototype or a failure (only one yellow eye). However, the way the scientist doctor guy was talking, it sounded like he didn't think/know of anybody else with the sort of enhanced glial cells Soma had...

...so if the HRL doesn't know of Allie's existence, was it one of the other factions? Maybe they thought he was dead (by leaving him floating in the episode 5 flashback) or something?

As far as SIBLINGS go... well, Louise/Graham is baseless, but I'm actually feeling Setsuna/Marina. We know they're from around the same area, and in the opening/promotional materials, they're noticeably and emphatically paired together. Due to the age gap, I doubt they're hinting at romance (it'd be one thing if he were older than her since that sort of seems to be more common)... but there's still this emphasis on the two of them.

So I honestly do think Setsuna is going to turn out... if not her long lost brother/half-brother, some member of her family. I can't think of any other reason they'd be paired so significantly in the OP.

All right, question time: WHY were they attacking Moralia? I mean... weren't the AEU/PMC just doing a simple military demonstration? I sort of didn't get why the need for an attack. What's actually more concerning (for CB) is that the AEU/PMC knew that the Gundams were going to show up. If they're that easily predicted/anticipated, I can't help but think that the HRL/Union is going to notice, set up a similar situation, and then meet the Gundams with overwhelming firepower + Graham/Soma. They're just BEGGING to be set up in a trap.

Second question time, though maybe this should be in the Mecha thread... why does Virtue have two guns that essentially do the exact same thing? It seems a bit redundant to me... unless Vowels just really likes bowing stuff up.