The Official Gundam Build Divers Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
YokozunaBulldozer

Re: The Official Gundam Build Divers Anime Thread Mk I

So according to the official website, the original character art is done by Hara Kazuhiro, whose claim to fame is illustrator for light novel(and later adapted to anime) Log Horizon and character design is by Toida Juri. Toida seems to be new to the industry since I cannot find any notable credits so far. And Obari will server as action director.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Kuruni

Now I wish they pull one gag from Gintama (we already have Sadaharu as Rommel anyway), a revelation that not gunpla legend live well and comfort. Probably by make one of the legendary player as the same guy who flip burger at their school.

Well, just noticed that the heroine - I mean the female teammate - is a member of girl soccer club. Consider that she use a Kapool, and I saw images with a small haro inside it, there's good chance that their team attack would be soccer kick.

Surely this is the heroine, right? Dear whatever deity, please don't make Sunrise pull a brutal gag by reveal that she's actuallt a guy.
My girlfriend was a loli.
E08

While looking at Gundam.info's report on the show's announcement/revealing ceremony, there is this interesting line: "サンライズの佐々木氏は、『ガンダムビルドファイターズ』と『ガンダムビルドファイターズトライ』を振り返りつつ、本作の新しい世界観とキービジュアルを公開"

It roughly says that Mr. Sasaki of Sunrise announced/reveal the works' (that is Build Diver) new world view and key visuals while looking back/reflecting on Gundam Build Fighters and Gundam Build Fighters Try. Perhaps, the experts on Japanese can confirm if I translate it correctly?

I wonder if this is hinting at Build Divers taking place in a different universe from Build Fighters series, or happen in the distant future.
Arbiter GUNDAM

X_zoro wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:38 am Anyone who knows Japanese want to Translate ?

https://twitter.com/mkaz0310/status/963407092500414464

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/comment ... ysterious/
ah, I think you posted this in the wrong thread. :)
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Zeonista

A new Build Fighters anime is always welcome. After seeing the model kits at Gundam Planet I am enthused for this series. The Grimoire Red Beret and the Momo Kapool look like definite favorites for me! :D But the two main Gundams look attractive and the Seravee Scheherezade looks great!

Here is Gundam Planet's promo page with links to nift plamo to lighten one's wallet.
https://www.gundamplanet.com/blog/new-g ... ivers.html

Kuruni: Sera is the Newtype Girl for this series, wih her emphasis on Build Divers and feelings. Plus, just look at her design! Momo is the official heroine & successor to girl member of the Main three. (We have a pattern here, no?)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Zeonista

I just watched the prologue episode on my lunch break. It was good fun in great BF style. Long time members will know which team I favored! :D The two young heroes are only present as spectators though but I didn't mind, as this 'verse spreads its honors around rather evenly.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Wingnut

Broadcast debut date of April 3rd. It'll probably be on Gundaminfo's Youtube channel as well.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Amion

It will absolutely not be available legally to people in certain countries to promote the war against watching something via illicit means. :P
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Deathzealot

Well! First Episode is out! Shall put my reaction in Spoiler Tags.
Spoiler
First of all, I am not a fan of the whole way they actually dive into the GBN. It looks like a scaled-down version of a cockpit or something like that. I was expecting something like the set-up from Sword Art Online or something like that not that. That said. I love the whole set-up inside the GBN! Man I would be so fanboying if such a system existed in real life. It was freaking awesome! That ability to have a whole Open World like that plus Gundams and Mobile Suits! God! I love it... Also the new Leo/Mook Machines are quite awesome looking as well along with the main machines we were already aware of. Can't wait till the third member of their trio joins up. Though by the opening it looks like their team is going to get a few extra members later on. Anyways. My first thoughts on this new series.
Kuruni

LOLI! :mrgreen:

Ow, come on. O2 Gundam? That's kind of lame joke when fan already pull OO (oppai) Gundam for years.

...Coleco Telstar Game System. ...What are they thinking?

LOLI! :mrgreen: I guess she is a game NPC?

Pretty good start, but for this year, the impression isn't as huge as Pop Team Epic's first episode (then again, very few shows pull that).

(also thank to Pop Team Epic, I can't help but though Momo would pull "aura/sattelite cannon" after "Nice pass" in soccer match)
Arbiter GUNDAM

Well, I've seen the first episode and posted a bunch of screenshots. If you're not a member of the MAHQ facebook page it probably won't be that big of a deal but I'll also be posting these to my blog.
Spoiler
Some initial thoughts:

When I first heard the opening chords of this song I thought, "Holy crap, this is going to SUCK." Oh it's not that bad just has a weird opening stinger.

Of course she [Nanami] starts with a close-up of her chest. Calling it now: There WILL be a beach and/or onsen episode where she's wearing a bikini or something.

Mysterious hoodie is mysterious.

I shall call the Virtue pilot, Fox Boy.

Mysterious hoodie is mysterious.

OK, Banrise.... I know you'll never actually do this but can we please get rid of the rule that says girls can only pilot cutesy and/or SD gunpla? Now, there's nothing wrong with SDs in and of themselves, especially in a series based on Gunpla, but it is a problem when they keep getting assigned to the girls.

I shall call the IBO pilot Glorfindel!

Hey, it's Fox McCloud'd big brother. And is that a modified Shenlong I see?

Magee actually reminds me a lot of Bobby Margot from Macross Frontier. How much do you wanna bet that he gets a scene where he turns into a hot-blooded super robot hero?

Hmm, I wonder what this flower motif means?

Hmmm, the blue is the 00 Diver, yellow is Yuuki's GM III and pink is Momoka's Capule.... but what is the purple one? Seems like it might be the Ninja SD?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Ryujin

Another thing I like about the game being online: players from around the world don't have to be physically present at the same venue to fight one another. International matches can be held with just some scheduling, instead of having to arrange airline bookings, tournament venues, etc. etc. Of course, it being ep.1, it remains to be seen if the writers will take this into consideration (asides from the MC being unable to read the game's english-only menu).

Also, I didn't realize it until someone elsewhere pointed it out, but the reason why Sho Hayami's character is a ferret & not a fennec is because he's ERMINE Rommel.
Dark Duel

Okay, someone is gonna have to, at some point, remind that kid that TV Tropes lies. Throwing your sword, while it looks cool...is a stupid idea. Even if you have a whole bunch of extra ones.
Though hopefully he’s learned that lesson after this first bout.
Overall, good start to the series, I think. Looking forward to seeing what’s next.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
yazi88

Seems like the Dive World uses some of the mission elements similar to the Gundam Breaker games rather than just Vs other players or practice mode.
Wingnut

Dark Duel wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:33 pm Okay, someone is gonna have to, at some point, remind that kid that TV Tropes lies. Throwing your sword, while it looks cool...is a stupid idea. Even if you have a whole bunch of extra ones.
Though hopefully he’s learned that lesson after this first bout.
Overall, good start to the series, I think. Looking forward to seeing what’s next.
Considering what his Mid-Season Upgrade looks like, I kinda doubt that particular lesson will sink into his head. All it looks like he has is swords and more swords. But this time there was no excuse when you have a perfectly good gun at your disposal as he did.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kuruni

Ryujin wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:13 pm Also, I didn't realize it until someone elsewhere pointed it out, but the reason why Sho Hayami's character is a ferret & not a fennec is because he's ERMINE Rommel.
So...the character would be fennec if the VA is Motomiya Kana?
Ryujin

Kuruni wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:08 am So...the character would be fennec if the VA is Motomiya Kana?
Or Moriya Satomi.
YokozunaBulldozer

It's finally here.
Saw episode 1 finally and it was alright. I love how 00 Diver looks and already wish it is next week already.
Personally I love the rap+rock opening theme and already I want to see more of that Ninja SD Unicorn, the Barbatos-based gunpla, and especially that Nataku-based gunpla with the gold tiger and silver wolf on its shoulders. Doji that pudgy blue oni looks like he will become a nuisance, but his Gira Giraga(the blue giraga from the opening) looks cool.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Amion

Good episode. The opening surprised me. I thought I would hate, it but instead it's just different. I lold. Magee Adam Apple. :D

Overall good first episode. Already have the mysterious girl trope invoked, so there's that. Guess she could be someone trapped in cyberspace, maybe?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.