Fafner THE BEYOND - New preview

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Diffuse

Fafner THE BEYOND - New preview

A couple weeks ago, a new preview for Fafner THE BEYOND was posted on the official website.
Also, from what I can gather from google translate, there seems to be some special event planned for this summer. We can probably expect more information then.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

Re: Fafner THE BEYOND - New preview

this is awesome, I just finished watching the Fafner series and came here to check some of the stats on the mech section but Fafner is missing it(I watched the episodes and then once it is over I come here and read the episode review) Is Fafner THE BEYOND a movie or a new series like Exodus?
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Amion

We don't know. I assume it is a movie just to be pessimistic, because another series would definitely be in order, and I somehow feel like the producers were pushing it to assume they'd get one. Then again, considering the high quality of Exodus, I wouldn't be altogether surprised we get a full length series. . .
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Diffuse

From what I can gather using google translate, it seems the event is going to be held on August 18. Maybe then we'll find out whether we're talking about a movie or series. Considering the preview released earlier this year, we can at least be reasonably sure that it's something animated.
Zeonista

I am looking forward to this new story very much. Fafner stories are always absorbing and engaging, with an energy and desperation which few anime are really unwilling to invest in any more. So yeah, bring it on!
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
False Prophet

Anyone here have any more news about THE BEYOND, like when does the story happen? If reborn Soshi could had grown up so much in just two years and Mimika still looked young, I suppose it is five to eight year gives or takes.
Diffuse

According to ANN, those episodes are going to screen in theatres in Japan starting on May 17. Is this sort of thing common? And if so, how long does the wait tend to be between theatrical release and "regular" airing?
False Prophet

Diffuse wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:27 am According to ANN, those episodes are going to screen in theatres in Japan starting on May 17. Is this sort of thing common? And if so, how long does the wait tend to be between theatrical release and "regular" airing?
I can't say for sure, but there are some other shows being released theatrically into several episodes, like K: Seven Stories.
False Prophet

Anyone here was able to catch the live stream on Twitter a few days back?
Diffuse

I didn't know there was a stream. Do you know what kind of stuff it showcased?
False Prophet

Diffuse wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:16 am I didn't know there was a stream. Do you know what kind of stuff it showcased?
I missed it, but from what has been floating online, it seems that they showed new footages, reveal angela's new theme song, and talked about the theatrical release.
False Prophet

Do you think we would have a fourth Salvator unit? There are four Alvis frame types: melee (Mark Eins, Mark Zwölf), fire-support (Mark Vier, Mark Neun), flight (Mark Sechs, Amaterasu), and defense (Mark Fünf) Since three of them already have Salvator counterparts, it would make sense if the fourth unit be developed from the flight type.

Also, who here have any theory on why Hester Gallop was so fond of Maya? The only thing that I can come up is that Maya's father was her unacknowledged son.

I am also rooting for both Sui and Mimika to survive The Beyond. It would be nice for them to be the second successful couple. And beside, two Goubain had already died.