Mobile Suit Moon Gundam Manga

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Deathzealot

Mobile Suit Moon Gundam Manga

Mobile Suit Moon Gundam Manga Announced.

Well. Any thoughts on this? I am just hoping it isn't a Sailor Moon/Gundam Crossover. :wink: :mrgreen:
MythSearcher

Re: Mobile Suit Moon Gundam Manga

This was supposed to be the original script concept of Unicorn that got discarded at an early stage.
And to be honest, the title logo only makes me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKqoOUx ... e=youtu.be
Deathzealot

I know right. Thought the same when I saw that title card
Henyo

mine would be the moon moon thing from ZZ. maybe it will feature a Tuxedo Kamen like character. and he'll be the resident char clone. :D
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
False Prophet

Will we see Kamille? I mean, he is working/learning as a doctor in Von Braun by the time of 0096, right?
Dark Duel

That would be cool.
Henyo wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:59 am mine would be the moon moon thing from ZZ. maybe it will feature a Tuxedo Kamen like character. and he'll be the resident char clone. :D
Oh my God, that would be HILARIOUS. I just got this mental picture now of Char running around wearing his OYW-era mask(without the helmet) and dressed in a tux and top hat, and I cannot. stop. laughing.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Henyo

Dark Duel wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:58 pm
Oh my God, that would be HILARIOUS. I just got this mental picture now of Char running around wearing his OYW-era mask(without the helmet) and dressed in a tux and top hat, and I cannot. stop. laughing.
Nyahaha!!! that char would be closer to Gundam-san char wouldn't it? XD
and if he does end up being a thing, Tuxedo Kamen Char clone would, in a sense, have Amuro's voice. oh the irony!!!
ANN has posted this announcement some time ago, did any other news come up?
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
MythSearcher

Because of the announcement of Moon Gundam,
Masafumi Matsuura of 0099 Moon Crisis is doubting Unicorn is plagarizing Moon Crisis.
https://kakuyomu.jp/works/1177354054884 ... 4884038397

Too lazy to translate the whole thing, have fun.
Phonix_1

MythSearcher wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:49 am Because of the announcement of Moon Gundam,
Masafumi Matsuura of 0099 Moon Crisis is doubting Unicorn is plagarizing Moon Crisis.
https://kakuyomu.jp/works/1177354054884 ... 4884038397

Too lazy to translate the whole thing, have fun.
He should say this a decade earlier, not today. :roll:
MythSearcher

Phonix_1 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:08 pm
He should say this a decade earlier, not today. :roll:
It is not until recently that the public who don't buy the setting books know of the original name of Unicorn Gundam is Moon Gundam.
And he didn't read the novels, not even the OVA version, only the TV version of Unicorn, and he thought that he can do nothing against the official publication of Sunrise and Bandai but has problem with Harutoshi Fukui kept advertising Moon Gundam as his own work on twitter.
yazi88

There is a promotion for Moon Gundam, looks like a Zeta Gundam sidestory given the poster and that Barzams are shown, Amuro is involved and it looks like he's piloting a Dijeh in space that is colored like the Karaba Zeta Plus A1. And it seems like it is related to Moon Moon but I could be wrong there. Minerva, Amuro and some tribe looking people are on the cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgCn5_AGBKc
Deathzealot

Interesting.
Dark Duel

A Gundamized Sazabi? Really? That's the best they could come up with?
Granted, IIRC Anaheim Electronics was involved in the Sazabi's construction, but giving it the Gerbera treatment seems kinda lazy.
All in all, I'm not impressed by what I'm seeing here so far. Of course I am thoroughly sick and tired of how much UC stuff seems to continually retread the same time period over and over again.
The best I can say is that at least it's not yet another OYW side-story. But I really wish the early post-100 period would get some focus again
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
yazi88

Update, it takes place in UC 0091 and 0092, that explains Amuro's pilot suit as it looks like his Londo Bell suit, although I don't understand why he's using a Dijeh of all things if he's in Londo Bell at this time... I'm guessing that EF won't let him have his white custom Zeta Gundam, but it seems he isn't using the Re-GZ at this time either....
AmuroNT1

At least in one of the CCA novels, it's said that Amuro only had the Nu Gundam made because the Federation refused to let him take the Zeta out of the mothballs because they didn't trust him with it (mainly thanks to the biosensor). I'm pretty sure that's held true over the years; in fact I think the "White Unicorn" Zeta explicitly lacks a biosensor.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
yazi88

That was in the Hi-Streamer CCA Novel IIRC, but sometimes Gundam manga don't stick to continuity of other printed works like manga/novels. Depends on the mangaka. Sometimes the author don't give a crap and put in whatever unit interests them, I believe Gundam Katana was like that.
AmuroNT1

Well yeah, IIRC the Katana guy just plays fanfiction with his works.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
yazi88

Zeta Define author was like that too, apparently he didn't like the Hyaku Shiki and put in the Zero Shiki, and the GP02 as well...
tHeWasTeDYouTh

no moon moon, please nooo. That was one of the "what" moments in ZZ that I hoped everyone would act as if it never happened
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Kyuzo Aoi

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:30 pm no moon moon, please nooo. That was one of the "what" moments in ZZ that I hoped everyone would act as if it never happened
Here is what I would say:
Spoiler
But from what we have given so far, I'm sorry to disappoint you. It IS in Moon Moon. After all, you should have noted the title already. Sarasa Moon appears prominently, as well as Amuro and Mineva. Though we were given a glimpse on how they ended up like the Space Aztecs in ZZ. Basically, it all boils down to being tired of the wars on Earth and settled on a small colony that became Moon Moon. But then they are disappointed that the outsiders just brought up their troubles to space, as the grandfather of the protagonist Yuta shows in space. Actually, it was Amuro fighting Neo Zeon remnants or something. And then a Gundam head suddenly appears in the colony.
I am a Gundam!