Gundam Seed/Destiny Remaster Gets (re)Dub

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.

Moderators: ShadowCell, EZero8, Destiny_Gundam, Kenji

Chris
Bald Wizard

Re: Gundam Seed/Destiny Remaster Gets (re)Dub

Post by Chris » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:41 am

Soma Taozi wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:22 am
MarshalBraginsky wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:44 pm
Just out of curiosity, will they announce the date of the broadcasting of the (re)dubbed Gundam SEED episodes?
I am not sure if they will rebroadcast the show, unless toonami gets a hold of it. I am assuming they will release the bluerays and that will be the extent of it. I suppose there is a chance gundaminfo on youtube will upload them to the site? Since they did that with the IBO dub.
I doubt that Cartoon Network would air either series, at least in the US. Over a decade ago, SEED wasn't a ratings hit and unceremoniously finished its run on a graveyard time slot. Due to its low ratings, CN declined to air GSD. I don't see them wanting to come back now and give air time to something that wasn't popular, even if it was 13 years ago.
"What did catch my eye, however, was a podcast named Gundamn!. At first I thought it was a podcast about firearms and [rednecks] discussing their collection, but after looking at the episode titles I was sold." - Xhavalor

PSN: amuromsz006
Nintendo Network: mariomsz006

DarthYAM
Mecha Flunky

Post by DarthYAM » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:09 am

Well to be fair part of that wast the absurd edits Toonami put on it (The disco guns); people might have been a bit more forgiving without it and it wasn't bad once the edits were removed.

Seto Kaiba
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

Post by Seto Kaiba » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:14 pm

DarthYAM wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:09 am
Well to be fair part of that wast the absurd edits Toonami put on it (The disco guns); people might have been a bit more forgiving without it and it wasn't bad once the edits were removed.
Agreed... the Toonami edit was so dreadful that it prevented me from ever getting past the 12th episode of Gundam SEED until Crunchyroll made the unedited HD Remaster available.
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...

BrentD15
HiMAT Spammer

Post by BrentD15 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:15 pm

DarthYAM wrote:
Wait, there were Toonami edits?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25

Seto Kaiba
Pilot's Doomed Girlfriend

Post by Seto Kaiba » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:56 pm

BrentD15 wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:15 pm
Wait, there were Toonami edits?
You don't remember them digitally editing all of the handguns in the series into pew-pew laser pistols that look like something NERF might sell?
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...

AmuroNT1
Oblivious Harem Loser

Post by AmuroNT1 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:50 pm

Yeah, the broadcast version of Seed tried to censor handguns by painting on neon-colored strips and covering the muzzles with red circles to turn them into laser weapons. The effect was so cheesy that they were quickly nicknamed "disco guns", and some fans maintain the theory that it was cheesy on purpose, since CN realized that anyone with half a brain would realize the show had been edited and decided "We might as well give them something to laugh at in the meantime."
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power

Dark Duel
Determined Shonen Hero

Post by Dark Duel » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:16 pm

Yeah, I remember the “disco guns”. It was actually almost hilarious just how goofy they looked and how glaringly obvious it was that this was a bad, quick-and-dirty editing job.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS
// GUNPLA THREAD //

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."

Areku
Okawara x Katoki Love Child

Post by Areku » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:03 am

But why did it take so long to upscale disco guns into MS beam weaponry?

Usually scale development is the other way around.

BrentD15
HiMAT Spammer

Post by BrentD15 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:23 pm

Dark Duel wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:16 pm
Yeah, I remember the “disco guns”. It was actually almost hilarious just how goofy they looked and how glaringly obvious it was that this was a bad, quick-and-dirty editing job.
Oh my gawd... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25

Arbiter GUNDAM
Gun-toting Patlabor Pilot

Post by Arbiter GUNDAM » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:24 am

DarthYAM wrote:
I doubt it. Gundam was pretty much dead in the US by that point and the hardcore fans wouldn't have been enough.
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion

DarthYAM
Mecha Flunky

Post by DarthYAM » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:05 pm

True but they sure didn't help