GUNDAM BUILD FIGHTERS : BATTLOGUE/GM's Counterattack

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Wingnut

GUNDAM BUILD FIGHTERS : BATTLOGUE/GM's Counterattack

The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
AmuroNT1

Re: GUNDAM BUILD FIGHTERS : BATTLOGUE/GM's Counterattack

Fun things to note about the first episode:
Spoiler
-Char is voiced by Toshihiko Seki, the actor behind Duo Maxwell and Rau le Creuset, rather than his iconic actor Shuichi Ikeda.
-Despite the episode drawing specific attention to it (and the fact that basically nobody denies it anymore), they still use the "Noboru Sogetsu" pseudonym when it comes to Ribbons. Which means that technically Tohru Furuya is credited twice.
-The Battle System is voiced by Maxwell Powers, which explains the discreet lack of Engrish this time around.
Also, before anyone gets too hyped, I don't think the talk about pitting Emma against Seabook should be taken as concrete proof of what to expect next episode.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Deathzealot

Woah. I can't believe this snuck up on me. Still interesting episode with first a battle between Char and Ribbons Almark which was fun but the real kicker was when they switched the character to Amuro. That was a surprise! It was freaking awesome fight all around. So are we going to have the characters from the first Build Fighters going against these quasi-personalities or is it going to be different. Not to mention are we going to have more then a couple episodes or a small OVA series of them? Exciting either way.
E08

According to the official site, the next episode of battlogue will be in early September. From the preview shot at the end of ep 1, it seems the next episode will involve a Tryon 3 variant, likely the Dryon Drei, the Lightning Black Warrior and a new Gunpla.
Deathzealot

So wait? We are getting two Build Fighter series this season? That's new.
False Prophet

Damn! The first episode and I am already this hyped up!

This is what Build Fighter should has always been: fanservice!
Dark Duel

I haven't seen the episode yet, so I can't comment on that. As for the mech design...I'm almost disappointed by the Ballistic Zaku, TBQH. For a supposed successor to the Zaku Amazing, it's singularly underwhelming because it's really just a stock Origin-ver MS-06S, except for that admittedly awesome-looking folding trident-looking weapon on its rear waist.
As for Reversible Gundam, I'm not a big fan either, mainly because I wasn't a fan of Reborns to begin with. It's kind of the opposite, though - it's almost overwhelming how much it's got going on in terms of stuff on its arms especially, which I'm not a fan of, though OTOH one some of the cosmetic changes to the designs look pretty good.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deathzealot

It also has a trio of shoulder mounted Funnels, it can take off its shoulder armor and attach it to its fist giving it better close-range power.
branman88

Wow this was AWESOME!!! I had no idea that this was coming out. I hope they do a Char clone fight at some point.
I AM THE CHOSEN CHILD OF GETTER!
Kuruni

Seem to be series of short episodes? Like 2D Evolve in GBF tiemline? Still a good stuff. Judge from the Fumina/Gyanko Charaguy, I guess it will cover GBF-T too.

(crossfinger for MS girl vs MS girl episode, with cloth-armor shredding finally animated :mrgreen: )
My girlfriend was a loli.
sdwoodchuck

This was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to more episodes of this, as the writers/director seem to have just the right tongue-in-cheek attitude to make this fly without feeling like pandering.

The Zaku is a little bit run-of-the-mill compared to a lot of Build Fighters customs, but I'm fine with that; I like run-of-the-mill Zakus just fine.
Dark Duel

Deathzealot wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:04 am It also has a trio of shoulder mounted Funnels, it can take off its shoulder armor and attach it to its fist giving it better close-range power.
Duly noted - the thing on its shield that looks like a spare bazooka magazine is indeed a funnel container, and it can use the shoulder armor as a boxing glove à la Maxter.

Doesn't actually change my opinion though because for all that, Ballistic remains visually almost indistinguishable from a base Zaku II. Even Amazing Exia was more visually distinctive. Again, that is my opinion.

As for the episode itself, it was reasonably fun. My favorite part though was when Char recognized and got irritated by Ribbons's voice. Amuro's later line on the subject was pretty hilarious too
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
domtropen

Perhaps Meijin modified his zaku to have more retro look compared to the heavily detailed HG Origin version it is based on? Lots of Sanding away + putty works ;-)
Wingnut

The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Deathzealot

I know right!! It was freaking awesome....Better do my stuff in Spoiler Tags. Reminder if you haven't seen it yet and read my spoilers it is your own damn fault!!
Spoiler
Man. Seeing Reji appearing again was like a flash from the past and I am glad that the two of them got their final battle together. Also its interesting seeing that the Star Burning is the first form of the later Build Burning Gundam and that Sai did indeed hide it in the Dom inside the award. I loved the whole GM Attack bit as well. Seeing all those GM Variants, both official and made for the purpose of this show was quite interesting. I was surprised Sai didn't know about the Gunpla Mafia when he was targeted by them in a couple episodes of the original Build Fighter show. This entire tiny episode really should have been the last episode of the series itself for it fealt more of a send off then the original last episode of the series.
Man. It was quite an interesting show. Now I am fired up for the next next episode of that Battlogue bit.
Kuruni

WAY better than Island War, but not as good as GBF's average episode. Most of the Gunpla Mafia's members are forgetable (although the battle bewteen Mao and that girl did make me laugh). Ironically, I think it work incredible as interquel in meta sense, that I can see the transition of how things become what we saw in GBF-T.
yazi88

Not really much of a story in GM Counterattack, about the same as Island War. Battles are as expected to be the main draw of the show. But that scene with Mao was pretty pathetic and something you'd see more in a late night generic anime rather than Gundam, both BF and Try didn't stoop that low in that regard.

The only plus I give this ep over Island Wars is some of the interactions between the characters and coming together again but that's really about it... The villains and plot was pretty cookie cutter and I felt it wasn't anything different in terms of impact than Island Wars. I do like the transition of Sei's new suit and how it's design legacy would carry over to Try with the Build Burning Gundam.
Last edited by yazi88 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kuruni

Well, also note that Chinagguy is in Gunpla Battle club, which imply that Sei build it.

Another implication. Since Sei use Burning in the 11th World Tournament but we see that the one in Gunpla Battle club was left there one year after GM's Counterattack, it mean he has yet another Star/Build Burning with him then.
E08

Kuruni wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:07 am Since Sei use Burning in the 11th World Tournament but we see that the one in Gunpla Battle club was left there one year after GM's Counterattack, it mean he has yet another Star/Build Burning with him then.
So you mean Sei used the other Burning for the 11th World Tournament and after that either 1) upgrade that Burning (Yuuma noted the Sekai's Build Burning is an upgrade ver.) and then replace the one in the trophy with it, or 2) upgrade the Burning left in trophy. Also, he also has to modify the Dom disguise if the upgrade affected the burning's look. It might be just me, but doesn't all these feels a bit much for "leaving behind a memory", and quite convoluted as well?

Seems more likely that 11th World Tournament occured while Sei is still studying in Seiho Academy. After all, the Academy does teaches up to the 12th grade (Yuuki was a 12th grader in build fighters), and Sei was only in 7th grade during the 7th World Tournament. Of course, this does mean quite a time skip between the end of build fighters and the events in GM's counterattack. On the other hand, the characters in the OVA are all quite vague about how much time has passed...

Having said all these, Sei did have a second Build Burning, albeit with the armor separate from the inner frame as seen when China was asked by Sei to hand it in a briefcase to Yuuma in Try episode 18.
Last edited by E08 on Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:20 am, edited 2 times in total.