GUNDAM BUILD FIGHTERS : BATTLOGUE/GM's Counterattack

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Deathzealot

Re: GUNDAM BUILD FIGHTERS : BATTLOGUE/GM's Counterattack

Agreed I think Sei was still at Seiho during the 11th World Tournament.
Kuruni

I see, good point.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Wingnut

:arrow: BATTLOGUE -Episode 2 "Smash the Enemy's Secret Factory!"
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Kuruni

Huh? Is the girl suppose to be Fraw or Maureen? Well, I guess she's both.

Usual GBF-T power showcase, but they blow it at the end. There is nice touch like how Sakai get Getter-ish effect after combination, but overall drop down from the first episode.
Deathzealot

Interesting. I like that the two of them didn't win thanks to their competing with one another. Made things a bit refreshing I think. As for the girl she is similar to another one during the Gunpla Fair at the end of Build Fighters. For the next episode we are getting the girls this time. I wonder if those two can keep their competition on the down low if they are teaming up.

Also, interesting nod to the new life-sized Unicorn Gundam in this episode.
Wingnut

:arrow: BATTLOUGE - Episode 3 "The Adventures of (Super) Fumina and (Hyper)Gyanko."
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Deathzealot

What...the...hell...did...I...just...watch?!?!
yazi88

This is extra funny because Pre-Cure is also a Namco-Bandai property, lol

This ep did what those old SD Gundams used to do and spoofed something completely, this time by doing a parody of a magical girl show like Pre-Cure.
Dark Duel

I don't know if I want to watch this one, but reading the posts on here, I might just check it out - purely for the inevitable laughs.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Kuruni

Yes, very funny. And also a reminiscence of old SD series.

I noticed midway that they are not Fumina and Gyanko, but Super Fumina and Hyper Gyanko gunpla. In other words, technically it isn't even set in GBF-verse but completely different world of sentient gunpla.
krullnar

Yeah this was one of the GBF eps that was just meh. I really don't have much to add to say other then meh I was more amped for The Origin VI trailer then this and that was blue balling me releases 2018 grrrrr.
ShadowCell - Mr. T doesn't read YouTube comments. Neither does Jesus. Or MacGuyver. Don't you want to be like Mr. T, Jesus, and MacGuyver?
Kuruni

My...while researching about Winning Fumina, I found that her most awesome feature is left out. When her costume armor is seperate, it can form an SD Star Winning Gundam and act as her support robot (and I would assume that the same can be said to Command Fumina).

On the darkside, that really remind me of this Kantai Collection's fan animation
Dark Duel

So I watched it...and I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's kinda goofy, very funny, but it didn't really feel like Gundam to me. Though given the direction they went with in the story, it makes perfect sense.
And the whole gimmick with Super Fumina and Hyper Gyanko combining reminded me of DNA Digivolution back in Digimon season 2(Yes, I'm sure it's been done elsewhere before or since, but that's the example that came to my mind).
Though the concept of the "antagonist" was pretty interesting too, and the execution was fairly well done. And I LOL'd pretty hard at Gyanko's "map".
Oh well.
I am very curious to see what the next episode is gonna do though.

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
E08

Besides the Cherudim SAGA type. GBF, other Gunpla confirmed for battlogue ep 4:

-GN-XIV type. GBF (custom colored GN-XIV)
-Striker GN-X (based on Advanced GN-X?)
-And of course, Gundam Exia (PG?)

Story Synopsis here
Dark Duel

I dunno why, I am LOVING the Striker GN-X's "helmet". That said, between the GN-Xs and the chance to see animated Rambo Gundam, I am looking forward to this episode probably more than I have any of the previous ones so far.

Wingnut

Wait no longer, Double D.

:arrow: BATTLOUGE Episode 4: Our War
The Gundam wiki

R.I.P., SDGO.
Deathzealot

Interesting Episode.... Alright putting rest of the post in spoiler tags since the episode just came out....
Spoiler
I personally think this is the best of the Battlogue Series so far. I loved that they brought back the Renato brothers plus one. Wonder where he came from? Anyways. That said, it was very interesting that they could control what I guess are Gunpla Figurines which matches up with their earlier use of Zeon Jump Infantry during their earlier appearance. They also looked to be role-playing very well and then got surprised by Kawaguchi throwing an extra-large Exia at them spoiling their role-play. That scene with the large Setsuna Figure was quite amusing and worth a laugh! I also loved the new GN-X machines featured here. The head of the lead one which was mentioned earlier is quite interesting.It was also quite clever of the brothers to use what remained of their resources after getting surprised by the large Exia. Now this is what I wanted with this series! Very interesting piece and I can't wait to see what else they are going throw at us!
Dark Duel

All right. Gonna have to watch that tonight when I get home...and make sure not to click that Spoiler there :P

Kuruni

Hmm... In the series, I thought Renato bros are jerks who trash-talk at their opponent. Now I see them as some very serious real roleplayers.
Spoiler
I guess Meijin want to make them a little more loosen up at playing Gunpla Battle, but by the end he see that they're having fun in their own way.
Dark Duel

Kuruni wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:39 am Hmm... In the series, I thought Renato bros are jerks who trash-talk at their opponent.
That's because they were. Right up to the point where Meijin III publicly and awesomely defeated them in the World Tournament. I'd expect they substantially mellowed out some time after that, given...
Spoiler
their much less arrogant attitude and the fact that they're also not shown here using the same kinds of dirty tricks they relied on in the aforementioned tournament.

I'm only mildly curious as to why they felt they had to bring in a third one, despite the fact that no mention of him's been made before. And that he didn't really accomplish much.

As for the whole thing with the giant Exia...that was weird and unnecessary, IMO. But oh well. Gotta advertise that PG somehow.