Gundam no Reconguista Movies Thread?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
BrentD15

Gundam no Reconguista Movies Thread?

So, a second G-Reco movie has been confirmed by Tomino. :D

What are you guys looking forward to in that movie?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Seto Kaiba

Re: Gundam no Reconguista Movies Thread?

... feel like I've been living under a rock. I didn't know they were planning to do one movie, let alone two!

(Or are we counting the From the Past to the Future short as one?)

I'll consider it a great victory if they tidy up the plot a bit and leave Bellri holding the idiot ball a bit less... on more than a few occasions I kind of felt like he wasn't so much a participant in events as an unwitting cosmic chew toy in the story, being wheeled from event to event to react to it.

(This is probably some kind of heresy, but maybe a little less emphasis on the Packs for the G-Self?)
The Macross Mecha Manual
Yes, we're working on updates...
sdwoodchuck

Is the second movie confirmed? I guess confirmed to be in the plan, at least, but from what I read, he was saying that the second would either happen or not based on the success of the first one.
SonicSP

i don't think there's two separate movies or projects here.

- It was reported that Tomino said in a lecture that he was working on a compilation movie last year spring and that it would be out by November 2016 but nothing came out of it.

- Then in November 2016, an animator twitted that a G-Reco movie will play in theaters in 2017 - albeit it's important to note that tweet has since been deleted and she isn't part of the staff.

- And then last month, Tomino noted publically in a convention in Rome that a new G-Reco project is in the works though didn't elaborate on the format. This is as official as it gets save for Sunrise making an official reveal event themselves with arts and logos.

I assume all of this is actually the same movie but keeps getting delayed.
sdwoodchuck

Here's what I was referring to, from Tomino himself at the Rome convention:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interes ... es/.115248
"The way that things are actually progressing is a secret, but this isn't anything too important so I'll go ahead and say it. One film about 1 hour 40 min. in length is in development, and we have tentative permission for a second film. If there isn't a good audience turnout for the first film, it won't end up happening. That's reality. That sort of realism makes me angry. TOHO took about three months and said, 'Well, it's like this, yeah? Even if it's 1/20th as popular as your name. we won't do it,' but if it's 1/20th or 1/30th of the turnout we can probably make a second film. I hope to get everyone's cooperation."
SonicSP

Hmmm I guess it seems to be similar to what he said in the original lecture cited in the old thread, that they would make movies 2 and 3 if 1 was well received.
Zeonista

I want to care, and be interested, really I do. But Gundam Thunderbolt and Iron Blooded Orphans sank the interest level worse than a Tier 6 cruiser in a Tier 8 World of Warships scenario. No return potential here....
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
sdwoodchuck

I think I'm in the opposite boat, actually. I normally wouldn't be very interested in the movie retelling of a recently-released series--even one that badly needs fixing. But after the more plot-focused IBO and the criminally over-condensed Thunderbolt, I find that I'm actually very excited to revisit a Gundam story that puts more care toward (most of) its character writing. Having both the G-Reco movie and a new Build Fighters in the works is right up my alley.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

will we get more mobile suit toilets??? I hope so
also I noticed Tomino likes redheads and this probably came up in the 90s with characters like Cecily(f91), Hime(Brain Powered) and Aids (Reconguista).
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
Quiddity

tHeWasTeDYouTh wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 8:58 pm will we get more mobile suit toilets??? I hope so
also I noticed Tomino likes redheads and this probably came up in the 90s with characters like Cecily(f91), Hime(Brain Powered) and Aids (Reconguista).

Oh, it was certainly well before that; Sheryl Formosa (Ideon), Marvel Frozen (Dunbine), Gaw Ha Leccee (L-Gaim) are all examples of earlier Tomino redheads.
MAHQ Staff - Dunbine, L-Gaim, Escaflowne, Ideon, Gasaraki, The Big O, Overman King Gainer, Zambot 3 and FLCL
In my search for justice, I created war. In my search for war, I created death. In my search for death... I have lost my soul.