The Official Gundam Twilight AXIS Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Deacon Blues

The Official Gundam Twilight AXIS Anime Thread Mk I

News broke this morning that the internet is attempting to dismiss regarding the Twilight Axis novel (serialized on the Yatate Bunko website) has been greenlit as an anime. The information comes from a strange Japanese source claiming that it will become publicly known before AnimeJapan happens. We've been giving a small "snippet" of supposed information to come:

Story & Concept Design: Ark Performance
Mechanical Director: Shingo Abe
Art Director: Hideki Nakamura
Music: Takashi Ohmama
Director: Kim Se-Jun

Summary:

Universal Century 0096. Several months have passed since the incident surrounding Laplace’s box also known as the the Universal Century Charter. The Earth Federation Forces dispatches a group of investigators to the severed Axis which is drifting outside the Earth Sphere. Two civilians participate as members of the research group: Arlette Almage and Danton Hyleg. Both have pasts with government service to the Principality of Zeon and Neo Zeon as an engineer and test pilot. Having infiltrated Axis, the investigators come under attack inside a base where no one should be. Arlette and Dalton are confronted with by incident they never imagined.

http://g-twilight-axis.net

Now, I did a little digging and the site was indeed registered by Sunrise at the beginning of the month so that does seem to lend a little credence to the claim, but I guess we'll find out for sure soon enough.
zetatype

Re: [New Gundam Anime] - Twilight Axis

Yeah I saw this earlier on Facebook and my first thought was that it was fake though if so it's not your average fake.

If it's real then I gotta wonder how this is gonna play out since twilight axis only has like five chapters. Wonder if it'll just be promotional material (for the gunpla and novel) like the Red and Blue Astray anime shorts.
doghunter1

zetatype wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:29 pm
If it's real then I gotta wonder how this is gonna play out since twilight axis only has like five chapters.
Maybe the novel's the prologue and the anime's the story proper.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Probably as an ONA?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
zetatype

ONA/OVA is the most likely format though my question is what's gonna happen production wise. Is it gonna adapt the chapters already out and then wait for the novel catch up or is this just going to end with Sunrise saying "buy the novel to find out what happens next".
Last edited by zetatype on Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
YokozunaBulldozer

Good stuff.
Now that this is a thing I wonder if they will ever do a web anime mini series of the SD Gundam novel they also got going on at Yatate Bunko, SD Gundam Lost World. The one where Exia is a ninja SD Gundam(yes, a ninja), wields a GN Daishuriken(yes, a big ninja star), AND can go real mode(yes, like Star Winning).
Either way looking forward to see more of the Yatate Bunko stuff get animated.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
zetatype

Holy ZOINKS, it's real.

Well, not idea how long its gonna be but more U.C. gundam is always good in my book.
Strike105

I haven't read any of the novels, but did I just see a TR-6 Woundwart in the trailer?

EDIT: NVM, it's definitely not Woundwort. The large, unusually shaped head confused me. Now that I'm looking at it, it looks more like a Gundam-ized Byarlant Custom. Looking at the wiki, there's a MS called "Byarlant Isolde". Is this it?
Arbiter GUNDAM

Strike105 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:40 am I haven't read any of the novels, but did I just see a TR-6 Woundwart in the trailer?

EDIT: NVM, it's definitely not Woundwort. The large, unusually shaped head confused me. Now that I'm looking at it, it looks more like a Gundam-ized Byarlant Custom. Looking at the wiki, there's a MS called "Byarlant Isolde". Is this it?
I would assume so since the Gundam is called Tristan?
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Henyo

So, how much focus is given to the female MC? and i've read that she gets a gundam too. female MC + Gundam is what i want more in gundam. :D
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Dark Duel

Well, this looks like it's gonna be pretty interesting. Looking forward to it.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Soma Taozi
Location: Singing 'By Your Side' to a bunch of soldiers in Club Eden.

Re: The Official Gundam Twilight AXIS Anime Thread Mk I

Since no one has posted a link to the news with the PV, I will do it here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ne/.113762

Looks interesting, I know nothing about Twilight AXIS. Hopefully, at the very least, it will address some of loose ends of Unicorn from a wider, political perspective. I don't expect any of the characters to appear, but a reference to the events of Unicorn would be nice.

In the end, fleshing out the time after CCA is never a bad thing, especially if the story will be good. I have LONG since stopped speaking out about desiring a potential Female MC who pilots a Gundam....BUT...that doesn't mean I don't want one.

*Meanwhile Soma continues to wait for Gundam Ecole du Ciel to come back...missing her favorite female character in all of Gundam.*
For 2000 years I lay dormant, now I have returned to bring good cheer to you all once again!

-Me, 7/19/2020
Deacon Blues

It's very easy for people to get caught up on Twilight Axis if they knew where to look ;)
Loop_Stratos

-Three UC sidestory adaptations running all at once? I don't quite mind.
-Gundam content is being rained down nonstop. Didn't quite mind it either.
IMO

This is just a block of text. Move on.
Zeonista

Deacon Blues wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:45 pm It's very easy for people to get caught up on Twilight Axis if they knew where to look ;)
Darn tootin' it's easy. Everyone please visit Deacon's beautiful updated website and read his translations.

Y'know, I was ready to call UC "done" with Unicorn, which nicely put a coda on events begun in 0079. But, the UC cheerfully reminds me that history is never "done", it just begins a new chronicle. The promo pics and story are tailor-made to get ol' UC fan me involved. Why hold back from getting on the hype train? :D

Henyo: I still wait for a gal to be the MC Gundam pilot. (No Feddy n00bs, the titian-tressed Christina does not count, WITP was Al & Bernie's story.) This might be a good story to feature one.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Dark Duel

I wouldn't get your hopes up on that score just yet. From what I've been able to find out, Arlette doesn't even pilot at all, and Danton seems to only pilot ex-NZ mobile suits. Still, the possibility IS there, it's just a bit remote.

That being said, having looked into...sources for a bit more information, I was extremely amused(if not the least bit surprised) to find out that no, the color of that Zaku II Custom is very much not a coincidence.
And what I have been able to find out about Twilight Axis has got me really looking forward to seeing it animated. Can't wait!

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
sdwoodchuck

I haven't liked the direction they've taken UC in for (at least) the last several years, so I'm not especially optimistic. I'd love to see it turn out well, or at least get some good Gunpla out of it.
BrentD15

Well, at least we finally get to deal with what remains of Axis.
I honestly thought that was wrapped up after CCA, but apparently not. :P
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Zeonista

BrentD15 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:58 pm Well, at least we finally get to deal with what remains of Axis.
I honestly thought that was wrapped up after CCA, but apparently not. :P
We old Zeeks are still kickin' it around, man! :D

Dark Duel: Yeah, still waiting on that score.... THe paint job is not a lie. Gotta wonder about what those young Neo-Zeon pilots are thinking sometimes with those paint jobs.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Dark Duel

Heh. In this case, from what I've found out, we are told precisely what the individual in question was thinking when she commissioned the creation of that particular mobile suit...or more to the point, who she was thinking of.

Of course, that's just background info and not directly relevant to the events of Twilight Axis itself - this occurred, after all, at least ten years earlier, if not more.