[Interview] - The Case for Gundam F91 - Settling Rumors

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Deacon Blues

[Interview] - The Case for Gundam F91 - Settling Rumors

In light of a recent review of Gundam F91 on the AnimeNewsNetwork, I decided to look into some of the strange rumors that have been circulating the net about F91's production: rumored staff rifts, what the series was supposed to be like, etc. I settled on an interview with Kouichi Inoue which seems to dispel some preconceived notions that fans have had about the series. Granted, this is only part of an extensive interview, but I believe it clarifies some things about the series. I'll be going back to look at the interviews by Tomino, Okawara and Yasuhiko, but for now, I'll just leave this here. Enjoy.

http://www.zeonic-republic.net/?page_id=4377
sdwoodchuck

Re: [Interview] - The Case for Gundam F91 - Settling Rumors

Hey, thanks for posting this. It seems to end pretty abruptly, but lots of great info on the production there.
Deacon Blues

sdwoodchuck wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:41 pm Hey, thanks for posting this. It seems to end pretty abruptly, but lots of great info on the production there.
Because the interview segues into other sections.
Zeonista

Thanks a bunch for providing this interview. It sheds some light on the production, its rapid production, and the adaptation of the story. I have a renewed sympathy for the movie staff, and a bit more wisfulness that they had some more time to get things together.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Amion

Would have been nice if we got the full fifty episodes of a TV series. Crossbone might very well have been given in some form or other. With the success of Gundam so far at the time (or was it?) I'm surprised they didn't go forward with a TV series. What was the cause of the deadline for bringing a proposal? it took a few years afterward for Victory to be decided on, so was it about the staff being brought back together?
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
lalahsghost

[/drunk]F91 confirmations from 2016 by Okawara confirm this, as do eqrly 90's message boards. In Sepgembef or novemver, they were given until chdistmas to finalize characteds, mecha, and envidonmental designs, which changed and gave them until new years, lol. Four or five days.

4:46 am, too tired fo find source, maybe Oliver on Forbes knows? https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarde ... al-design/

If not, I'll dig through GMLs to find it.
"First rule in EFSF spending: Why build one when you can have two at twice the price?"