Voltron: Legendary Defender

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
NastyNate

Voltron: Legendary Defender

I didn't see a Netflix Voltron thread on a search so I figured I'd start one. Who here has been watching the show? The second season recently got released. I'm about 4 episodes in and I forgot how much I enjoy this show. It is really funny. The humor might be my favorite part. It also looks great. I'm really impressed with the production value.
"I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me"-Jesus Christ

PSN, Xbox Live, Twitter: Nates4Christ
Henyo

Re: Voltron: Legendary Defender

ME ME ME!!!
i have yet to season 2 because of other things, but boy am i looking forward to it. and yeah, the humor and animation are the best part of this Voltron. any news if this is going to be shown in japan? i am curious as to who will voice who.

BTW, local channel TV5 is showing season 1. haven't gotten to watching it but given the QUALITY of recent Filipino dubs, i'm not gonna hope for much.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Shinji_Shinigami

I have seen both seasons, and i have to say that i actually like the remake. I was sceptical at first, since for example, the thundercats reboot, had promise, yet did not deliver. However in this case Characters, Humor as well as nostalgia were spot on. And i feel a red Thread, an overarching story and not just a villian of the day concept. That is great, and leaves space for plot twists. Sure, one can see that the Crew of Avatar worked on that project, given that the Pilot of the Blue and Red lion feel like Sokka and Zuko (coincidence?). However everyone is special in its own way. Well maybe except Lance. Even though i like him they need to bring out more uniqueness to him, then being the failing ladys guy. And i Think that might have been the first non Gundam show, with CGI robots that did not make me feel like vomiting. So thats a good thing too. Plotwise i have to say that in Season two, i found the main motivation a bit lacking, but it gave rise to more character development, so i wont complain... to much that is ^^
Henyo

news for season 3.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/cms/discuss/114331

i hope this announcement sticks. last year they said that season 2 will air before 2016 ends. and then it actually started before January ended.

another thing to wonder is who will Lotor. Steve Blum perhaps gets my vote. :D
hitokirigarou

I'm hoping that unknown pilot in the giant space worm is Lotor.
Henyo

heads up people! Season 3 has been announced for an August release.
will this be the final season? or will it be like the two Avatar series, split into 4 seasons.