Gundam unfeasible for Doujins?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
False Prophet

Gundam unfeasible for Doujins?

I've been to a fair share of anime convention (in Japan and other nations) and it always occurs to me that even when a Gundam series after SEED Destiny is at its highest peak and attracting a good number of Japanese fans, there is always less than ten new doujins written about it per year and sold.

Do you think this is because of Gundam's decreasing popularity in Japan, or because its characters are less "doujin-able", not like something, say, Evangelion or Macross?
AmuroNT1

Re: Gundam unfeasible for Doujins?

I think before this discussion can really go anywhere, you need to specify if you're talking about legitimate doujins, or adult material, because those are two completely different directions.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Kuruni

I'm pretty sure your info is fault, unless you don't count R-18 doujinshi.
My girlfriend was a loli.
False Prophet

I mean non-Adult works, stuffs like those that Tohou fans usually make and sell.
Henyo

from what i can tell online, there's not much Non-H stuff for gundam. it only went up to 15 pages.
every now an then some pop up.
same goes for the conventions. then again, the cons here in the Philippines sell doujins more than the non-H.(to the point that one stall sells stuff from Fakku.)
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Kuruni

False Prophet wrote:I mean non-Adult works, stuffs like those that Tohou fans usually make and sell.
...that doesn't help at all. Touhou fans make and sell tons of adult doujinshi too. In fact, I think the only franchise that might outclass Touhou in that department is Kantai Collection.

Then again, Gundam has many "black" unofficial commercial works already (and they keep piling). So the market might be smaller than usual.
False Prophet

Kuruni wrote: ...that doesn't help at all. Touhou fans make and sell tons of adult doujinshi too. In fact, I think the only franchise that might outclass Touhou in that department is Kantai Collection.

Then again, Gundam has many "black" unofficial commercial works already (and they keep piling). So the market might be smaller than usual.
I know that there are a lot of Touhou adult stuffs, but if you look around you can always find things such as 4koma.

Also, "black" unofficial commercial works? You means things like the Transformation Beasts and F95JD Gundam? Or Ark Performance's stuffs?
Kuruni

I refer to "white-gray-black" officialness scale we discuss years ago.

Examples of black works are Hidden Shadow of G, Counterattack of Gigantis, and Tyrant Sword of Neofallia. All set in UC, but contradict with animate work and feature some outlanding elements. (Hidden Shadow is about group of ninja fighting in secret since MSG to CCA...including this, Counterattack of Gigantis is crossover with Ideon, and Tyrant Sword feature MS poewered by dark matter).

For 4koma, there's weird stuff like Gundam-san too.

Combine those with other magazines' original gunpla, I think there's little room for fan works. There's also fact that they can make SRW doujinshi instead, which allow them to used as much Gundam as they want but also other titles.