Official Unicorn Sequel Poll

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ShadowCell

Re: Official Unicorn Sequel Poll

Dark Duel wrote:Whereas in Crossbone, I mainly just dislike the Jovian designs because of how goofy most of them are.
i have a feeling at least some of them would look a lot better animated and maybe with some minor changes in proportions and colors. and as for the rest, well, Gundam is no stranger to ridiculous mecha.
BrentD15

ShadowCell wrote:
Dark Duel wrote:Whereas in Crossbone, I mainly just dislike the Jovian designs because of how goofy most of them are.
i have a feeling at least some of them would look a lot better animated and maybe with some minor changes in proportions and colors. and as for the rest, well, Gundam is no stranger to ridiculous mecha.
Indeed.
*Nix Providence comes to mind* :lol:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
AmuroNT1

Dark Duel wrote:Related: I'm actually listening to this song on continuous loop. Where's that song from, anyway? It wasn't in the movie, I just rewatched that (unless I missed it somehow)
According to Japanese Wikipedia, that song ("Kimi o Mitsumete -The time I'm seeing you-") was originally going to be F91's theme song, with "Eternal Wind" being used as background music, but Tomino changed his mind during production, resulting in "Eternal Wind" being made the theme song and "Kimi o Mitsumete" becoming the film's image song.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
yazi88

AmuroNT1 wrote:
Dark Duel wrote:Related: I'm actually listening to this song on continuous loop. Where's that song from, anyway? It wasn't in the movie, I just rewatched that (unless I missed it somehow)
According to Japanese Wikipedia, that song ("Kimi o Mitsumete -The time I'm seeing you-") was originally going to be F91's theme song, with "Eternal Wind" being used as background music, but Tomino changed his mind during production, resulting in "Eternal Wind" being made the theme song and "Kimi o Mitsumete" becoming the film's image song.
This song is still part of F-91's soundtrack IIRC, its been used in a good number of video games.
Dark Duel

Really? That's interesting. Well, thanks.
BrentD15 wrote:*Nix Providence comes to mind* :lol:
Weird backpack relocation aside, Nix Providence is actually not that bad. A bit odd, but pretty standard. Now Mirage Frame, on the other hand...don't get me started on that ridiculously hideous pile of refuse. Or that last Blue Frame variant that looks like the twisted illegitimate love child of Blue Frame and an Aile Strike that's desperately trying to be 00 Qan[T]. (And that's without even getting into the increasingly bizarre designs of G-Reco).

Ahem...anyway.

Having just recently read, at last, the original Crossbone Gundam manga in its entirety, I definitely have to say that of the available options, this is by far the best one. LOVED IT. And I feel that one 26-episode season could do the story justice, as long as the pacing is handled carefully. Haven't read the other stuff(Steel 7 or Skull Heart) yet.

But y'know something that I noticed? Each of the Crossbones in the manga has a slightly different faceplate design(which is not reflected in the MGs so far, all of which have the X1's conventional faceplate) BTW, do we have any idea what the heck this thing is?
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
AmuroNT1

It's just a Zaku-type machine that shows up with the colony forces to help out during the final battle. When I was writing up profiles for the site, I could find literally NO hard information about this thing. I mean, at least the Type 133 Ball popped up in G Generation once...
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Kuruni

If they can do it right, the best thing we will get from Crossbone is that it's good example of how the previous protagonist (Kinchaid) can team-up with curent one (Tobia) with neither stealing all spotlights nor become extra.
My girlfriend was a loli.
BrentD15

Kuruni wrote:If they can do it right, the best thing we will get from Crossbone is that it's good example of how the previous protagonist (Kinchaid) can team-up with curent one (Tobia) with neither stealing all spotlights nor become extra.
SEED Destiny done right. :lol:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Amion

Dark Duel wrote:Really? That's interesting. Well, thanks.
BrentD15 wrote:*Nix Providence comes to mind* :lol:
Weird backpack relocation aside, Nix Providence is actually not that bad. A bit odd, but pretty standard. Now Mirage Frame, on the other hand...don't get me started on that ridiculously hideous pile of refuse. Or that last Blue Frame variant that looks like the twisted illegitimate love child of Blue Frame and an Aile Strike that's desperately trying to be 00 Qan[T]. (And that's without even getting into the increasingly bizarre designs of G-Reco).

Ahem...anyway.

Having just recently read, at last, the original Crossbone Gundam manga in its entirety, I definitely have to say that of the available options, this is by far the best one. LOVED IT. And I feel that one 26-episode season could do the story justice, as long as the pacing is handled carefully. Haven't read the other stuff(Steel 7 or Skull Heart) yet.

But y'know something that I noticed? Each of the Crossbones in the manga has a slightly different faceplate design(which is not reflected in the MGs so far, all of which have the X1's conventional faceplate) BTW, do we have any idea what the heck this thing is?
Someone finally asked that question! That Zaku descendant has been bugging me for all of three years, now!

And I told ya you'd LOVE IT, Duel. :wink:

I think Crossbone just so readily fits with UC, and the designs are goofy but fun, in a One Piece and even Fafner kind of way. The fact that they sort-of setup the Reguild era weird mecha only is a plus in my mind. Then again, I never found any but a small few of CG's designs to be bad.

Also, has anyone seen Deacon's latest post? It's basically a Unicorn sequel... don't know if it's directly related, but it better not take away even the 1% chance Crossbone has. :evil:
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.