The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
AmuroNT1

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk III

SNT1 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:14 pmWhat has she done for the story and our protagonists in S2?

I know this is just fiction, but I feel robbed then that all the buildup for the Maiden of Revolution thing, her role in the S1 finale all lead up to a behind-the-scenes welfare organizer that has done nothing for Tekkadan in terms of the plot. Sensible perhaps, but a dead end and wasted screentime when it comes to watching this show in S2 from Tekkadan'-McGillis' POV.

This show probably wasted half an episode's worth of Kudelia worrying about Tekkadan with Atra ten feet away pushing for that threesome.
Why does she have to do stuff specifically for the heroes in order to be a part of the story? Her presence in this past episode was to specifically show that, despite being Tekkadan's most trusted ally, even her hands are tied at this point. They were underscoring the hopelessness of the situation, and that doesn't diminish Kudelia's efforts in any way.

But like I said before, the entire point of her character arc is the disconnect between dreams and reality. In the beginning she was still an idealistic but naive child who'd grown up on stories of this amazing "Maiden of Revolution" character and decided that's what she wanted to be. Her development in the first season was learning exactly what that would entail, including the pain and suffering one would have to endure. So she grew up and realized that she would be helping more if she improved the quality of life of Mars' kids instead of just becoming a political figurehead.

This series has been all about a grittier, grimmer depiction of war than most other Gundam series, so why would you expect them to go with an idealistic cliche like a messianic figure being capable of ending war single-handedly?
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
SNT1

^It's all fine and dandy if she realized that doing what she's done now is better, than a political figurehead, I'm not arguing that, but my point is, if that's the case, then she should no longer be relevant to Tekkadan and to the main story. Shes otherwise hogging screentime.

Again I ask, what has Kudelia done in S2 to advance the story in a meaningful way?
(>-.-)>-} >>---> \(x.x)/
yazi88

SNT1 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:32 pm ^It's all fine and dandy if she realized that doing what she's done now is better, than a political figurehead, I'm not arguing that, but my point is, if that's the case, then she should no longer be relevant to Tekkadan and to the main story. Shes otherwise hogging screentime.

Again I ask, what has Kudelia done in S2 to advance the story in a meaningful way?
Her story arc was done in season 1, she is a supporting character now... she accomplished her goal on Earth and is working on her company to help Mars... She shows up here and there but isn't a central focus on the plot... That doesn't have to mean her character is a drag on the show or is useless... She still has ties to Tekkadan and wants to support them anyway she can. Either way, your main complaint is characters hogging screentime when you don't really like most of the characters to begin with.... I don't know what expectations you're looking for when they aren't going to happen with this show given what we've seen so far.

She was the reason the Dawn Horizon Corps attacked Tekkadan but that is the only direct plotline she was in with season 2. She also mostly shows up when we see Tekkadan on Mars this season.
ShadowCell

lel guess i should've paid attention to this one too