Try TV special annnounced for August

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
balofo

Try TV special annnounced for August

New MS include ZZ II, Gyancelot and Pandagguy.

Is this supposed to be the OVA?
Kuruni

Re: Try TV special annnounced for August

"Gyancelot"

Kaoruko's new gunpla, and crossover with Code Geass?

I still want something like Great Tryon with epic gattai...Oh, and Super Mirai (or maybe upgrade to Super Fumina).
My girlfriend was a loli.
Dustman

Considering that we're starting this off without verified sources, I had to do a search to learn anything more about this other than the names of the robots. There's not much but for anybody that's curious, it's definitely a thing that's happening. I guess this is what Studio 3 will be up to during IBO's hiatus.

Thing thing is, rumors are mercurial without committed declarations. I don't even recall if there was ever corporate evidence (press releases, visuals, etc.) to show that they were making a Build Fighters OVA so the production must have at most still been conceptual. It certainly was ambitious if 26th episodes for each series including directorial reprisals were also meant to be a real proposition. But if this is the form that project ended up taking, then as long as this doesn't star Sekai and especially if it's going to be a third generation of protagonists, I vastly prefer this to omake chapters.

It's important that Build Fighters should broaden itself so that they can at least tease that there's still more they can do with the setting. Doubly so as I found Try to be a major disappointment. Build Fighters has great potential to be a backup franchise to support the merchandising angle while Sunrise also works on riskier ventures like Reconguista. Even if it has a lower budget, it'd be pretty neat if they focus tested a year long series that could jump start an annual reinvention like Super Sentai or Kamen Rider.
AGF-Antoine

Both the official site update and the official Twitter account confirm it as well.

Twitter says there will be more information at the Shizuoka Hobby Show (as far as I could decipher from the Google Translate device translation).

I am quite excited for this.
Surely hope that we shall see Gundam Leopard da Vinci do some more.

AGF-Antoine
Last edited by AGF-Antoine on Thu May 12, 2016 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balofo

According to Derringer it's indeed the OVA but it will be streamed as well. There was also a pic saying more gunpla will come with the silhouettes of the 3 main characters upgrades from Try.
Xenosynth

Dustman:
For the original OVA announcement that was done last year, official twitter posted it, and we also had a thread on it here:
https://twitter.com/buildfighters/statu ... 4080952322

I understand being iffy about sources, it's frustrating when people post something w/o a post to actually back it up, but yeah, the BF OVAs have been known about for a little while which is why no one linked to 'corporate evidence' though I dunno if you'd consider the twitter post (As well as a few of he staff and crew) as sufficient evidence. Still, wanted to show what the others were referring to.

If people refer to Derringer though, you can trust him. He's on the ball about this stuff, and he's never been wrong about anything in the 3+ years I've known of him.

Balofo is also usually pretty good about news, albeit, generally without links haha. But I will say as a board member for a while, you can trust his news posts.
Dustman

Oh, I definitely knew about the original twitter updates. Don't get me wrong. But something like a press release with a due date is a tiny bit different and I was trying to be careful about drawing a distinction. That kind of thing shows that corporate has committed to full production. And as far as I knew, that was the first and last we heard of the project until just now. Usually, if we go too long without further updates, it means that production has stalled or that it has gone into production hell and is quietly being forgotten about (e.g. the Gundam SEED Movie). This is what I was afraid of.

As for being dubious of sources, I was really just double checking this case because I wanted actual media like pictures. I tried being conscious of just nudging the point that citations are a helpful way to start the thread because having to track that down myself for verification was a minor inconvenience. I'm not gonna deny being suspicious of rumors as a rule but that's just because, lets say if I'm going to be telling this to my friends, I want to know what I'm talking about and have something to show for it :p
Dark Duel

Well, those three new Gunpla are definitely for real, it seems.
ZZ II
Gyancelot
Pandagguy
Kinda underwhelming, IMO. Especially ZZ II, which isn't much more than a beefed-up ZII with some ZZ bits, rather than any real ZZ variant.
As far as an anime or OVA that these correspond to, it's likely. But I've found nothing firm as of yet.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
YokozunaBulldozer

I know we probably have to wait for more official pics and info but boy oh boy I hope they get Sakai to make some new cool and wacky gunplas again.
I am curious as to who is the creator of ZZ II, I assume Yuuma but hey it could be anyone.
Gyancelot seems like something the Sazakis would come up with, maybe Susumu and Gyanko's little baby brother.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Arbiter GUNDAM

I kinda hate to say this because I've been a bit of a Negative Nancy on the boards about Gundam as of late but I just can't get excited for this. I did NOT like Try and although these designs are nice and there were some things from Try that I liked, can't say I'm feeling a continuation unless it follows up on stuff from the first BF series/does less of what Try did/has more Gundam overtones.

Ok, I said it, you can hate me now. :lol:
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Dustman

I don't disagree but I also don't think Try was bad enough to sink further installments. While an ambitious but clumsily constructed sequel like SEED Destiny is hard to follow up on, the fact that Try lacked any kind of external conflict to support the tournament formula actually means that the setting hasn't been boxed in to quite the same extent. All they would have to do, if there is to be a next time, is to learn their lesson and tell a story the way that they did for the first Build Fighters. Trust me, just that much will make any third installment a step in the right direction.
YokozunaBulldozer

I loved TRY because it was fun pointing out all the Easter eggs.
I could care less of the story to be honest because of that.
It was just fun to see which common and obscure references I can dig out from an episode.
I am already eager to spot more Easter eggs when this special comes out.
Yaminoseigi

i just wish Domon will make some appearance at very least but more TRYON-3 would be nice
YokozunaBulldozer

Yaminoseigi wrote:i just wish Domon will make some appearance at very least but more TRYON-3 would be nice
Yes and yes.
And Suga's bad driving. :mrgreen:
Shinji_Shinigami

So, anything new on the matter? haven't seen anything for the summer anime announcements so far.
YokozunaBulldozer

Other than the released photos of a green cat-eared 00 Quanta, an angelic Bearagguy, and a new backpack for Lightning nothing much.
I guess we will find out on the new Gundam Ace issue that is if they publish anything related on it.
Shinji_Shinigami

Well has anyone heard anything about maybe a season 3? The special added some story tidbits but i would not consider it finished or a finishing episode, so i presume they left it open for future installments.
YokozunaBulldozer

Shinji_Shinigami wrote:Well has anyone heard anything about maybe a season 3? The special added some story tidbits but i would not consider it finished or a finishing episode, so i presume they left it open for future installments.
Nope. But since they are still making side story model kits such as the Lunagazer or Transient Glacier I do hope they give us another special or that OVA they promised after Iron-Blooded Orphans is over.