Questions for Mika Akitaka & Osamu Taniguchi?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
HellCat

Questions for Mika Akitaka & Osamu Taniguchi?

Later this month at London Comic Con I should be doing an interview with Mika Akitaka (mecha designer) and Osamu Taniguchi (producer) who will be at the event to promote Gundam The Origin (episode III is screening there, a week after the streaming release launch).

As I usually do, I'm opening the door to questions folks would like to see tackled. I can't promise all of them will be used (in particular, I'll refuse any that come off as rude) but since this is a rare opportunity I like to know what questions fans would like to see answers for.

27th May is the closing date.
Gundam AGEs Forum- Three destinies will form discussion.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
balofo

Re: Questions for Mika Akitaka & Osamu Taniguchi?

For Akitaka:
-What he actually did design for UC since he's listed as having cooperated in mecha design
-If he knows anything about the Sentinel copyright stuff and if a Mk.V gunpla is actually possible to come out
-If he knows what the Zaku III Kai's hide bombs(the actual bombs)actually look like since there's no published lineart for them. I've seen them depicted as the Gyan ones, the Zaku III shoulder crackers or the Hamma Hamma shield space mines (if it's one of these I believe it should be this one).
-Ask if he wants to design MS again for a Gundam anime, I really miss his designs. All he does now is MS Girls and ships for Origin anime...
RyuseiDateSRX

Hey we need to meet up bruh. I think I asked to meet up for the Oct 2015 one but you probably didn't see it.

I'm really excited about these guys appearing, especially Akitaka. I need to think of some questions. Balofo mentioned good ones.
YokozunaBulldozer

This goes out to both gentlemen: What new things do they want to try out?
For example, working on a genre they never worked on before, try out new methods for their profession, etc.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
doghunter1

I got three for Taniguchi:

1. How did you become a producer?

2. After the four movies, will you have the rest of the Origin animated?

3. Can companies like Sunrise accept ideas for anime from foreigners?
HellCat

Here it is. I tried to keep the topic on The Origin, though sadly a few things got taken a bit too literally after translation. Asking about doing 0079 was also discussed more fully at the panel an hour after my session. Hopefully folks find value in it.

http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-mcm-lo ... interview/
Deacon Blues

But there’s nothing particularly strong in Gundam Ace at the moment.
Well, that's a relief though. Though I do echo his sentiment on the matter though. There's nothing running in the magazine that sticks out aside from the retellings of original Gundam stories.
HellCat

The direct nature of the response surprised me a bit. Makes me wonder what the relationship between Kadokawa and Sunrise is like. Ace has been an effective zombie for quite a while, publishing reimagings and putting hype on their co productions like Unicorn and Irigin. Compare to a decade ago when it was more well rounded and actively pushing stuff like Destiny and 00
YokozunaBulldozer

Yeah not a whole lot is going on other than the usual it seems
Re-telling of tv or ova story such as 0083 and G
Crossbone
Side-story spinoff of current tv anime
Random obscure ones
A few comedic ones

It is good as a hub to Gundam-related published material but currently it does feel boring other than upcoming merch or future episode info.
It just needs that next comeback hit title which is missing post-Origin from the looks of it.

Other than that good stuff Hellcat.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
balofo

Gundam Ace has never been better, the only good manga it ever had was Origin. However, now we have Rebellion and GOL running. Bande Desine was going to be the definite version of Unicorn but they removed the RoZ and went with the OVA shitty version of the final battle...

Dust might be interesting as a Ghost was.

Now we need the Rebellion staff to do a retelling of ZZ.