New Gundam Ace manga: Crossbone Gundam Dust

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
balofo

New Gundam Ace manga: Crossbone Gundam Dust

Set in UC 168 after the events of Ghost and V Gundam. Starts on the July issue.

https://i.imgur.com/vrqkUwZ.jpg
Deacon Blues

Re: New Gundam Ace manga: Crossbone Gundam Dust

Starts in the September issue on sale in July.

I seriously cannot believe he is being allowed to continue this series. After the severely lackluster and somewhat baffling ending to Crossbone Ghost:
Spoiler
Font wakes up from a cryo sleep and meets a pirate who just happens to be one of those kids he rescues from the guillotine back at the beginning of the Ghost story. Belle makes an off handed joke about being old enough for Font now and that was just the end of that.
This will be an odd, uncharted territory for the world of Gundam, but since Ghost seems to have been accepted somewhat favorable by Japan, who knows how this new installment will go. It's not like he can have Tobia appear in this, but then again... stranger things have happened.
balofo

More Crossbone is always good, even better now that we will see post V Gundam tech and world setting.

Ghost obviously sold well to be able to reach 12 vols.
Deacon Blues

Well, the post V Gundam world according to Hasegawa that is. His stuff definitely doesn't fit into the Gundam universe all that well to be honest. There's really nothing that transpires in that particular portion of the timeline anyways. It's still too early for the development of ManHunter too... unless he hints a Gaia Gear?
Chris
Administrator

balofo wrote:More Crossbone is always good, even better now that we will see post V Gundam tech and world setting.

Ghost obviously sold well to be able to reach 12 vols.
Like Deacon said. I've never been a fan of Hasegawa's style, either for character or MS design. So something set in UC 0168 will still just look like what he's been doing for the last 20+ years.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
balofo

It's obvious he's not the greatest artist but his mecha action is very good. Not to mention his competent antagonists, which is something Gundam almost always lacks.

And people complain when they don't explore late UC...
yazi88

I wonder why only Hasagawa seems to be doing late UC manga lately... so many other Gundam Mangakas to choose from... Remember that guy that did the Victory Gundam sidestory? That was a LONG time ago too...
DragoMaster009

So what's the summary of the summary of the last few chapters of Crossbone Ghost anyway? There seems to be a bit of a gap between that last chapter/mecha discussion in the Mecha and Technology section and the final bit of the ending on this page.
Deacon Blues

balofo wrote:It's obvious he's not the greatest artist but his mecha action is very good. Not to mention his competent antagonists, which is something Gundam almost always lacks.

And people complain when they don't explore late UC...
Neither Thocus nor Kizo were "competent" antagonists by any means...
balofo

Kizo was competent just by manhandling the heroes with the Birknau. He only lost because Font figured out his MS's trick, else he would be invincible.

Haters gonna hate
Kuruni

It can be cool...if he end it with the fouding of CONSENT (because anything that remind fan of G-Saviour get extra point in my book :mrgreen: ). But I doubt it.
I've never been a fan of Hasegawa's style, either for character or MS design.
I actually have GaoGaiGar OP running in my head the moment I saw those circus MS from Ghost :mrgreen: . I guess the exotic mecha design is something stick with him since his magnum opus, MAPS. And while it doesn't mix well with Gundam, it fit perfectly when he does fantasy super robot story like DaiSword.
My girlfriend was a loli.
YokozunaBulldozer

First Crossbone story has been 18 years it seems. Talk about dedication.
He had a sequel to his well-known original work MAPS a few years ago it seems and he did that one where he combined some super robots into one universe called God Bird in an Avengers-sequel fashion but other than that this series is the most notable one he has worked on.
SIXSHOT HAS NO GAME AGAINST SEVEN CHANGER
Deacon Blues

It's been over twenty years since it was released...
YokozunaBulldozer

I miscalculated my bad. :mrgreen:
balofo

Another major Crossbone news will be revealed in the next month Gundam Ace.
tHeWasTeDYouTh

I will never get why people like Crossbone gundam, I do love the gundam designs but almost all other mobile suits look horrible to me(Jupiter) I am going to read everything again and maybe I will like it this time.
YOU'RE MESHI
DAMNYOUYAMATOTAKERUNOMIKOTOOOOOO!
balofo

Stuff from Hasegawa interview:
-The nuke from Ghost was inspired by Fukushima
-Final battle was supposed to be on top of Angel Halo
-Sunrise approved the UC 168 setting
-Dust was decided as a sequel a year ago
-Dust will be based on the 3 Kingdoms period of Chinese history. Jupiter is the Shu equivalent, it will be a conflict between Earth Colonies this time
-MS will be restored from old machines. Crossbone Gundam will appear in a surprisingly way
Dark Duel

So it's Romance of the Three Kingdoms with Gundams now? Hang on, haven't we seen that before?
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
balofo

Protagonist machine was designed in cooperation with Shinichi Miyazaki(did the Thoucus machines' cleanup). Not the final design yet:

http://img-cdn.jg.jugem.jp/469/2963159/ ... 304878.jpg
YokozunaBulldozer

Dark Duel wrote:So it's Romance of the Three Kingdoms with Gundams now? Hang on, haven't we seen that before?
balofo wrote:Stuff from Hasegawa interview:
-The nuke from Ghost was inspired by Fukushima
-Final battle was supposed to be on top of Angel Halo
-Sunrise approved the UC 168 setting
-Dust was decided as a sequel a year ago
-Dust will be based on the 3 Kingdoms period of Chinese history. Jupiter is the Shu equivalent, it will be a conflict between Earth Colonies this time
-MS will be restored from old machines. Crossbone Gundam will appear in a surprisingly way
So my guess is that if they take the Three Kingdoms reference more literally Jupiter probably will begin as this puny little place until they get some badass warriors/soldiers who will play the role of The Five Tiger Generals which I am guessing will be our Gundam pilots.
The Gi faction probably is the antagonist's crew and one of the most powerful and I assume the Go equivalent will be a family business of sorts i.e. Zabi family or Teiwaz.