The Official Gundam Unicorn Re: 0096 Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
monster

Re: The Official Gundam Unicorn Re: 0096 Anime Thread Mk I

excalibur2008 wrote:I mean the fact that they tend to respond to war by attacking both sides, and sending the general message of end the war or be attacked. Which feels more like peace through fear of reprisals than an actual desire for peace.
It's not an ideal solution, but given the unideal situation where some people might not actually want peace in terms of coexistence, it can still be an effective means to that end, even if only temporarily.

It's an undeniable reality even in our world where what some would call peace officers may carry tools of violence.
Admiral Larsen

monster wrote:
excalibur2008 wrote:I mean the fact that they tend to respond to war by attacking both sides, and sending the general message of end the war or be attacked. Which feels more like peace through fear of reprisals than an actual desire for peace.
It's not an ideal solution, but given the unideal situation where some people might not actually want peace in terms of coexistence, it can still be an effective means to that end, even if only temporarily.

It's an undeniable reality even in our world where what some would call peace officers may carry tools of violence.
When two sides are lead by extremists that often want to annihilate the other, perhaps that is the only option, we see that often enough in the real world with UN peacekeeping operations.
balofo

At least in BD makes Marida use her binders to destroy the Banshee's leg so there she has an excuse for not using her I-Fields. Rebawoo cameo in the final battle too.
BrentD15

This has been quite the discussion I've witnessed in this thread about the relationships and perceptions between adults and children, and the potential impacts each can have on the other. :)
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Deacon Blues

Gundam Unicorn finally unveiled some new animation in the latest chapter: a slow creep up of the Earth as the credits roll! :D
zetatype

Well at least this time Sunrise got the timing right so we didn't have to sit through an awkward transition scene like back in episode 3 when the Unicorn gundam transformed for the first time.
Henyo

Deacon Blues wrote:Gundam Unicorn finally unveiled some new animation in the latest chapter: a slow creep up of the Earth as the credits roll! :D
better than nothing! :twisted:
anyways, we're at OVA Episode 4 now. maybe we'll get to see The pilot of the Byarlant custom this time around.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
zerogradius

I actually liked episode 4, it's the only one I can recall what happened from start to finish. I'd love to see an extension of the Zeon remnants against the Federation.
ChaoticSheep1

Alot of people were hoping for new animation from this series. I really didn't notice any. Was there any I overlooked? (Besides the Earth Creep Up).
Dark Duel

I actually stopped watching Re:0096 several episodes back, but I never noticed any new or updated animation whatsoever in any of the episodes I did watch.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
BrentD15

Y'know, I've had doubts about this anime since it was first announced.
Mostly, it was about why they even bothered with this idea in the first place.

Anyone else kinda getting that vibe from this?
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
lalahsghost

Dark Duel wrote:I actually stopped watching Re:0096 several episodes back, but I never noticed any new or updated animation whatsoever in any of the episodes I did watch.
Either way for me, this is a good instance to re-watch the series in bite size pieces before heading to bed each Sunday night. Frustrates me that the weekly release is at something like 11:30PM EST.

Random note: If this is not the same house in side six, I will eat my shoe.
http://i66.tinypic.com/2v8sgtw.png

I still wonder /Why/ show it.

Edit : Link not working? Try this: http://i66.tinypic.com/2v8sgtw.jpg
Last edited by lalahsghost on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First rule in EFSF spending: Why build one when you can have two at twice the price?"
zetatype

Well if nothing else at least at least we got two pretty good EDs especially the 2nd one despite being all still images and reused animation. Just goes to show how good the editing on them was.
BrentD15 wrote:Y'know, I've had doubts about this anime since it was first announced.
Mostly, it was about why they even bothered with this idea in the first place.
Well I think at the very least the show's purpose was to be last minute substitute for "Brave Beats" a sunrise show that got canned at the end of the winter season due to poor ratings. The reason for this is so that Sunrise could hold onto the time slot.
ChaoticSheep1 wrote:Alot of people were hoping for new animation from this series. I really didn't notice any. Was there any I overlooked? (Besides the Earth Creep Up).
I think there were a few tweeks to the background in a few scenes but very minor and nothing substantial.
lalahsghost wrote: Random note: If this is not the same house in side six, I will eat my shoe.
Damn good eye.

Yeah, I have to agree I seriously doubt that's just a coincidence.
BrentD15

zetatype wrote:
lalahsghost wrote: Random note: If this is not the same house in side six, I will eat my shoe.
Damn good eye.

Yeah, I have to agree I seriously doubt that's just a coincidence.
Am I the only one that can't see images in TinyPic? :(
Dustman

I'm still watching this but it's always been a passive activity. It's exactly what I expected since the announcement was made. Aside from the OP (which has been slightly revised) there's no new animation and most of that is CGI, which is cheaper to animate than 2D because of fixed proportions. The shot of the Earth is not new, it's just a drastically slowed version of the fade-out from OVA 3.

Brave Beats was produced under Sunrise's recent BN Pictures label and was indeed cancelled. I recently watched it and thought the show was positively charming but I suppose it just wasn't strong enough to establish its predecessor, Tribe Cool Crew, as a sustainable brand. Those shows and RE:0096 both air on the Super Hero Time block before Super Sentai, Kamen Rider and PreCure and while I haven't been following any of the recent iterations, it makes me laugh that RE:0096 has been subject to the same regular scheduling delays. It feels very familiar and even for a recut it's no less irritating :p

Edit: Oh thank goodness, they learned their lesson from early on and used the commercial intermission to smooth over the transition between OVA 5 and 6! I was worried about how that would turn out.
Deathzealot

Honestly, I think the Waiting In Space Episode had some new animation at the end where the Banshee and Riddhe is sent into space for I don't remember the OVA having that. Also the image of the Nahal Argama, Granceries, and Rewloola flying together is new as well.
ChaoticSheep1

Didn't the teaser for this series show the Phenex and the original Sinanju Stein? Specifically the Stein fighting the Unicorn and the Phenex, Banshee and Unicorn all teaming up against the Neo Zeong?

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/gun ... 0430030056
Deathzealot

That is what I thought, but it is not in the opening, therefore, I don't think the Phenex is going to be in the series. I do admit though it will be pretty awesome to see if it will be in the series. Though the question is who is going to pilot it.
ChaoticSheep1

I'd take a stab at Marida or Minerva perhaps.
Deathzealot

Heh. My theory had been that Marida was going to stick with the Banshee and the Phenex going to Riddhe. But the last few minutes of Waiting in Space debunked that sadly. So maybe Marida will somehow get the Phenex for the final battles.