Unicorn novel is getting a new vol in 2016

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
balofo

Unicorn novel is getting a new vol in 2016

Vol 11 will release in early Spring: http://img17.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/201 ... 49_000.jpg

Sequel? New OVA incoming?
ChaoticSheep1

Re: Unicorn novel is getting a new vol in 2016

This will be interesting. Are any of the novels in english?
Spoiler
People have been telling me that in the novel series that Banagher dies after going all super newtype on Full Frontal. How can they continue the series after that I wonder? New Main character?
Henyo

ChaoticSheep1 wrote:This will be interesting. Are any of the novels in english?
last time i checked, no. but there is a completed fan translation of all ten volumes.

the announcement caught me my surprise. how will they go about this one? IIRC, the anime diverged big time from the source material. especially the final battle.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
balofo

It could be just the Sinanju Stein novel+Phenex novel standard release plus some extra stuff like new lineart, interviews or an epilogue to the novel(The PG manual mentioned some post series stuff)

A direct sequel to the novel would be hard to since the RoZ and the Sleveed fleet were pretty much annihilated. Frontal's creator also died and the Vist must have lost their power in the EFF. There would be no antagonist faction besides a revenge fueled Angelo.

Making yet another Neo Zeon fleet would be ridiculous, they could do remnants only at most.

Maybe they want to make a tie-in for HF.
Henyo

balofo wrote:It could be just the Sinanju Stein novel+Phenex novel standard release plus some extra stuff like new lineart, interviews or an epilogue to the novel(The PG manual mentioned some post series stuff)

A direct sequel to the novel would be hard to since the RoZ and the Sleveed fleet were pretty much annihilated. Frontal's creator also died and the Vist must have lost their power in the EFF. There would be no antagonist faction besides a revenge fueled Angelo.

Making yet another Neo Zeon fleet would be ridiculous, they could do remnants only at most.

Maybe they want to make a tie-in for HF.
HF? ?_?
so the Stein and Phenex are photo novels or the like?
and a remnant would be very bad at this point. the sleeves group is the remnant of a remnant. XD
AmuroNT1

HF = Hathaway's Flash
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Epic SA-X Guy

Henyo wrote:there is a completed fan translation of all ten volumes.
By whom?
balofo wrote:Maybe they want to make a tie-in for HF.
I remember way back in 2010 the production team for the OVA stated in the audio commentary for the first episode that if Fukui were to do a sequel he'd probably take it into UC 0100, since the original novels sort of began in UC 0001. It would make sense for an epilogue as I think UC 0100 is when Side 3 is supposed to revert back to the Earth Federation.
Henyo

Epic SA-X Guy wrote: By whom?
Baka-Tsuki. and i just checked the project page. i made a boo boo. :oops:
Volume 10, only one chapter + epilogue, isn't translated yet.
BrentD15

ChaoticSheep1 wrote:This will be interesting. Are any of the novels in english?
Spoiler
People have been telling me that in the novel series that Banagher dies after going all super newtype on Full Frontal. How can they continue the series after that I wonder? New Main character?
Spoiler
He doesn't. He averts "merging his soul" with the Gundam, and flies off to see Mineva/Audrey.
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
balofo

There are rumors we're getting a TV version of the UC OVA with new scenes and OVA 7 will be re-released in theaters.

Novel vol 11 is inded the Sinanju Stein novel plus the Phenex novel as normal releases, releases on 3/23
BrentD15

balofo wrote:There are rumors we're getting a TV version of the UC OVA with new scenes and OVA 7 will be re-released in theaters.

Novel vol 11 is inded the Sinanju Stein novel plus the Phenex novel as normal releases, releases on 3/23
Anyone thinking of Toonami? :wink:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
Deacon Blues

And here I was hoping for something new. Oh well, at least I'll have a digital archive of the novels now for easier reference.
balofo

If the rumor is true then the UC TV series starts in April and will be split cour.

The OVA has footage for around 22 TV eps not counting the OP/ED. They will have to add around 40 to 60 minutes of new animation/clips from other UC series/flashbacks/recaps to complete the 24 to 26 episode run.

New gunpla will be released.
zetatype

balofo wrote:If the rumor is true then the UC TV series starts in April and will be split cour.

The OVA has footage for around 22 TV eps not counting the OP/ED. They will have to add around 40 to 60 minutes of new animation/clips from other UC series/flashbacks/recaps to complete the 24 to 26 episode run.

New gunpla will be released.
The number of episodes is closer to 20 if we assume episodes 1-6 are 55 minutes each and episode 7 is 85 minutes (without the EDs of course).

I don't know, even if they fill the remaining episodes entirely with new animation I don't think its enough to warrant a broadcast run or a repurchasing of the series especially since it hasn't even been 2 years since episode 7. And what would this do for Gunpla sales? I doubt the Unicorn gunpla kits are old enough to benefit from something similar to the Revive line.

If they wanna make a TV series out of Unicorn they should just just pull a FMA: Brotherhood and adapt the series closer to the novels. Though that doesn't really solve the gunpla issue.
Gelgoog Jager

About the gunpla, I could certainly imagine them making a third version (first being the novel version and second the OVA version) of main units such as the Unicorn and Sinanju just for the sake of selling more kits. However, I'm hoping this also gives chance for gunpla of other units to be made, such as the Gaza D, GaZowmn, Qubeley MP type, Gallus J, Capule, etc., which don't have a HGUC kit so far.
Blazer-X

Kinda thinking they might do more cameo suits instead of re-releasing more Unicorn. If we're REALLY lucky, they might even redo a battle or 2 with Armed Armor DE for Unicorn in tow.
balofo

kit wise, my expectations:
-RG Unicorn/Banshee and their variations as p-bandai
-RE/100 Kshatriya, best time to release it since they already said it was being planned
-RE/100 Jegan, ditto
-something from the Zeon remnants
-something from the Neo Zeon remnants