EFSF in UC0088?

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
MSZ-006C1

EFSF in UC0088?

After Gryps wars ended, in space is there have own EFSF military or Titans or AEUG responsibility ?
Brave Fencer Kirby

Re: EFSF in UC0088?

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but as of UC 0088, the EFSF was effectively dead. During the Gryps Conflict, most of it defected to either the Titans or the AEUG, which then proceeded to kill each other off. There were probably a handful of units sitting on the sidelines somewhere, but not enough to influence events considerably.

This is why the AEUG (consisting almost solely of the Argama at this point) was forced to fight Axis by itself -- there simply wasn't anyone else around to help. That said, the EFF did seem to use the distraction provided by the AEUG to regroup and rearm; at the tail end of ZZ, the EFF shows up with a swarm of shiny new GM IIIs to help out in the final battle against Haman's Neo Zeon.
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
MSZ-006C1

Brave Fencer Kirby wrote:I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but as of UC 0088, the EFSF was effectively dead. During the Gryps Conflict, most of it defected to either the Titans or the AEUG, which then proceeded to kill each other off. There were probably a handful of units sitting on the sidelines somewhere, but not enough to influence events considerably.

This is why the AEUG (consisting almost solely of the Argama at this point) was forced to fight Axis by itself -- there simply wasn't anyone else around to help. That said, the EFF did seem to use the distraction provided by the AEUG to regroup and rearm; at the tail end of ZZ, the EFF shows up with a swarm of shiny new GM IIIs to help out in the final battle against Haman's Neo Zeon.

Thank you very much for your answer, my question is about EF space station ex. Luna II , Konpei Island,Mobile suits and ships Are they back to under EFSF control or still under the name of Titans or allow AEUG take control?
Dark Duel

As of 0088, I would guess that they are nominally under EFSF control, but probably severely undermanned or abandoned due to the fact the EFSF is mostly defunct as a result of the Gryps War snd the AEUG and Titans mostly annihilating each other
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
toysdream

Not sure I'm buying the idea that the regular Federation Forces were wiped out during the Gryps Conflict. As far as I can tell, they made it through that period by basically sitting back and letting the AEUG and Titans slug it out; the Titans did manage to annex some chunks of the regular Federation Forces (such as Luna II), but a lot of the rest of the remainder just stayed on the sidelines. That worked so well for them they did the same thing during the first Neo Zeon War, too.

In Advance of Zeta, we're told that the Confeito garrison was pretty much pinned down by an AEUG blockade during the Gryps Conflict. In Gundam Sentinel, we have a miniature civil war fought entirely among factions of the regular Federation Forces, based on their sympathies for the AEUG and Titans viewpoints.

-- Mark
Gelgoog Jager

Brave Fencer Kirby wrote:That said, the EFF did seem to use the distraction provided by the AEUG to regroup and rearm; at the tail end of ZZ, the EFF shows up with a swarm of shiny new GM IIIs to help out in the final battle against Haman's Neo Zeon.
Actually not: all we see at the end of ZZ is five Salamis Kai approaching to Side 3. We are never shown their MS complement. In fact, we are not even certain the EF deployed any of the GM III units seen during ZZ.

In the case of defectors, we are told that half of Dakar forces defected to Neo Zeon, so I presume this included not only Titans, but also some EF regular forces. We are not quite sure what units are part of these defectors, but aside from actual Neo Zeon MS, we see some Zaku IIs, Desert Zakus, Dwadges, Hizacks and Zaku Mariners.

Late in the series we also see several Hizacks, Marasais and even an Asshimar in space among the ranks of both Neo Zeon factions. Since the background info indicates that the Zaku III and Dreissen are partly the result of Axis forces' dislike for the EF's Hizack and the AEUG's Rick Dias, I think we could assume those units belong to former EF and Titans forces. The Dogosse Gier original MS complement, consisting of a mixed force of Galbaldy Betas, blue Hizacks and Marasais, does seem to indicate that even regular EF forces were also given some Marasais.

By the way, does the Mirage of Zeon manga fits in the canon of the series? IIRC it mentions a battle that took place at Axis while Haman Karn and the Gundam team were on Earth. I think Amuro supposedly participated with his white Zeta Gundam and Masshimer Cello deployed on a ReGelg. The later is supposedly echoed in a manual from an old model kit which also mentioned said battle.
toysdream

The AEUG attack on Axis was originally mentioned in an article series that was published in The Anime magazine alongside the broadcast of ZZ. I talked about it in this 8-year-old thread, which I'm kind of amazed I still remember. :-)

-- Mark
J-Lead

Gelgoog Jager wrote:By the way, does the Mirage of Zeon manga fits in the canon of the series? IIRC it mentions a battle that took place at Axis while Haman Karn and the Gundam team were on Earth. I think Amuro supposedly participated with his white Zeta Gundam and Masshimer Cello deployed on a ReGelg. The later is supposedly echoed in a manual from an old model kit which also mentioned said battle.
If Amuro participated in that battle, then this is the first I've heard of it. From what I've always gathered, the only statement we've ever gotten about Amuro during the First Neo Zeon War was that "He's fighting up in space" and that's it. We've never gotten any insight as to what he was doing in this time period. We don't even know if he still had his White Zeta by that point or moved on to something else. Might make for an interesting 0088 manga/OVA cameo sometime down the line, if anything.
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
Brave Fencer Kirby

toysdream wrote:Not sure I'm buying the idea that the regular Federation Forces were wiped out during the Gryps Conflict. As far as I can tell, they made it through that period by basically sitting back and letting the AEUG and Titans slug it out; the Titans did manage to annex some chunks of the regular Federation Forces (such as Luna II), but a lot of the rest of the remainder just stayed on the sidelines. That worked so well for them they did the same thing during the first Neo Zeon War, too.
I can buy the idea that some people would choose to sit on the sidelines rather than take part in a civil war, but after Char's speech at Dakar, when the Federation officially withdraws support from the Titans and throws their support behind the AEUG in fighting them, you'd think that the EFF proper would be called in to help if they were still around in any significant amount of force. Doubly so for Neo Zeon -- even if they're reluctant to fight the Titans, who are theoretically their allies, why would they hold off on opposing Neo Zeon?
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
Zeonista

My take on the EFF's conspicuous absence as an organized force from events in 0088 has to do with them being the military force of a government in turmoil. The ZZ story line has a narrow personal focus and does not go into details, but side stories like AOZ and Gundam Sentinel have given us some idea of what was happening.

After the downfall of the Titans, the less confrontational factions regained control, with some direction of AEUG-aligned elements, and cleaned house. Based on the timeline, the cleaning actually proceeded with great speed while allowing for due process, which is something of a marvel in the present day or any other age! :) At the same time, the alliance with AEUG involved some negotiations in reasserting sovereignty in the rebellious Sides, and showing beyond doubt that the Titans were gone for good and that things could return to status quo. Very essential, but it all took up time and effort.

None of the above-mentioned effort includes the Neo-Zeon problem, which demanded gentle handling to prevent a renewed war with maybe the Sides choosing Zeon over the Federation. (We need not debate the actual probability of such a course, merely accept it from the Federation POV of a potential result to be avoided.) Given the readiness of Federation and AEUG leaders to negotiate with Haman Karn rather than immediately declare another war, it should come as no surprise that the EFF on Earth and in space were held back instead of being deployed forward. Individual EFSF captains might be willing to fight the Neo Zeon fleet with no questions asked, but cooler heads would say "hold" and play for precious time. Meanwhile Anaheim Electronics could build new ships and new MS, and the diplomats could determine if Haman Karn could back up her power play or was just running a massive bluff.

Since AEUG was a volunteer force with no real constituency, it could fight Neo-Zeon on its own if needed without having to face an investigative committee or the electorate. This state of affairs probably was quietly encouraged from Dakar. And since AEUG had the pick of new ships and MS from Anaheim Electronics, their fleet elements would do much better against the powerful Neo-Zeon MS than the EFSF, which was at the time lagging behind the power curve.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde