The Official Gundam Thunderbolt Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Zeonista

Re: The Official Gundam Thunderbolt Anime Thread Mk I

Well, I suppose we are going to have a third set, since nothing was truly resolved. Good high action & drama ending, with Io & Darryl passing in the night (of fire) so to speak. Darryl's relief at escaping a tight fight and successfully evacing his team was offset by that jerkass just passively watching him dance with death. (In Darryl's shoes I would put a metal fist in his smarmy face.) Io's frustration over coming so close to an answer and not getting it was not quite surpassed by Best Girl Bianca's frustration that senpai was gonna ignore her for the cultie spokeswoman who was his old fling. The cult is an interesting addition to our UC universe, even an offshoot like the Thunderbolt storyline. It's not really surprising that such a cult could arise after an epoch-making event like the One Year War. Hey, at least they are not flagellants!

On a lighter note, I really want a Thunderbolt version HG Acguy now, with all the variable bits!

Deathzealot: The Pegasus II class ships have a lot of elbow room; the Feddies are not as comfortable with life in a metal tube. :P that being said the anime is definitely going for cinematic space versus actual space in some scenes. I don't mind if it means I have a clear view of events.

False Prophet: The only thing we know about Newtype capability & capacity in the Universal Century is that we don't know a lot. There are a lot of scientists who claim to know something, but I have become really skeptical about the Expert Opinion over the years! Especially an Expert Opinion that is dependent upon fulfilling government projects for its continued sustinance.

Kuruni:
I agree that a Newtype with some ability and practice could easily project thought and aura to impress (and make an impression) upon his followers. Isn't that right, Paptimus-sama? ;)
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Deacon Blues

Zeonista wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:07 pm Deathzealot: The Pegasus II class ships have a lot of elbow room; the Feddies are not as comfortable with life in a metal tube. :P that being said the anime is definitely going for cinematic space versus actual space in some scenes. I don't mind if it means I have a clear view of events.
Where did you get the idea that it's a Pegasus II?
ChaoticSheep1

Shame they cut out a comical segment of the manga where Bianca almost drops Io into the ocean in a fit of jealousy. Although I can see why they cut it out :(
Zeonista wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:07 pm
On a lighter note, I really want a Thunderbolt version HG Acguy now, with all the variable bits!
That would be magical, guess I have to make due with the OP ones we got in one of the latest patches of MSGO:JP.
Iris Scope

The manga is back on track from hiatus after the author's illness:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... 14/.139790
Wingnut

That's good to hear especially with both compilation movies being on gundaminfo's youtube channel.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.