New Blue Destiny manga to run in Gundam Ace

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
J-Lead

Re: New Blue Destiny manga to run in Gundam Ace

Gelgoog Jager wrote:Back on topic, I'm not convinced on why they decided to create the GM Dominance when the Armored GM from Zeonic Front might have been a more suitable (and already existant) alternative for such role. There are also the RGM-79L (and later the RGM-79LV), which supposedly has lesser armor precisely to have higher mobility.
Probably because the bulk of Blue Destiny's events on Earth happen throughout november and early december, and the Armored GM comes in late december.

Not to mention the Armored GM probably outperforms the BD-1 and Efreet Custom to some degree in terms of sheer thruster output. You don't want the star MS of your story outmatched by the mook suits. :)
"I'd show Loni the power my parents gave me if you know what I mean."
balofo

Psycommu Early Test Type Zaku(Marion Welsh Use), didn't see combat because it's a psycommu test machine. Equipped with huge wired bits on the back:
https://i.imgur.com/RcmnNK8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/70oWe8D.jpg

GM Dominance Underwater Equipment
https://i.imgur.com/YEwoxsa.jpg
Gelgoog Jager

Well, at least we now know what unit this MS was actually based on:

http://mahq.net/mecha/gundam/bf-try/ms-06r-ww-3.htm

I do I'm concerned that in some regards this YMS-06Z looks more like a missing link between the MS-06Z and the MSN-01 than a predecessor to the MS-06Z:

-Unlike the Zaku Kraken, it doesn't seem to have barrels on its fingers, not rockets for launching the arms on the first place (only the retrieval ones).

-AFAIK, the MS-06Z has never been depicted with the color scheme of the MSN-01, which makes the later an odd choice for a machine whose model number would suggest it came before the MS-06Z.
E08

Err..the zaku Kraken is a build fighter try design that is based on the HM Zaku II as stated here: http://en.gundam.info/series/buildfighterstry/?p=385
Gelgoog Jager

I know the original info indicated that it's based on the MS-06R series, just like the two other Zakus that belonged to to its team.

However, I'm hoping that the Zaku Kraken might actually be based on the YMS-06Z, since the opposite case would imply that the designers thought that the Zaku Kraken looked cool and decided to add it to their manga, and by extension to the UC universe, possibly just on a whim.

If such is the case, we could expect other Gundam Build Figher units to receive the same treatment: they could decide to introduce a unit based on the Zaku F2000 as a typical Zeon Franken unit, which they could just consider something along the lines of that new Adzam/Apsalus/Zaku I hybrid MA from the new 0083 manga.
AmuroNT1

I only just noticed thanks to those scans that Marion's Psycommu Zaku has the same style of head as the Efreet.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Gelgoog Jager

Unfortunately the larger head of the Efreet Custom is no longer a unique trait, since both the Efreet Schneid and Efreet Nacht have large heads as well. This comes at odds with the original idea about the EXAM system being located on the head, since the other units lack the EXAM system yet use the same type of head. I mentioned before that the Efreet Custom's backpack is currently my main suspect for the location of the EXAM system, specially the unique protrusion it has and which other Efreets lack.
J-Lead

This might be an absolutely trivial detail, but I've recently noticed that the new Blue Destiny Manga's version of the GM Commands used by the Marmot Team has the RGM-79D backpack. This is kind of an interesting compromise that meets the RGM-79 Master Archive's claim that the RGM-79D was developed at Augusta, but the RGM-79G was developed at Luna II; the GM Commands used by the Marmot team were apparently made at Augusta based on a design from Luna II, but incorporated parts from the RGM-79D, which used a nearly identical body.

Just a conclusion I came to while combing over old threads in search of information. Kind of a neat way to incorporate the RGM-79G into the offensive on the ground like in the game while avoiding contradictions with more modern interpretations of the lore behind Federation MS development.
Deathzealot

What the heck is that on the other shoulder?
J-Lead

Deathzealot wrote:What the heck is that on the other shoulder?
Rack for a bazooka. The old Master Grade RGM-79 GM had it.

It's actually part of the backpack, to take up the space freed up by the beam saber rack only being on the one side.
ChaoticSheep1

That looks like a good spot for a multipurpose latch for different weapons and equipment not just a rack for a bazooka.
Dark Duel

Yeah, you're probably right - it would be a good place to put something like that, where you could mount different weapons. But at the same time, there's not much the baseline GM has that might necessitate such a latching mechanism. That particular part is IMO inefficient as a mounting point for, for instance, a missile launcher or a fixed cannon similar to that used by the GunCannon(or the Gundam in Origin), because the way it's set up, the launcher would be stuck facing straight upwards (though it now occurs to me that the same spot on the backpack itself, even without the latching mechanism, would be a good spot to do so - see the Ez-SR or the aforementioned Origin example).
So apart from the bazooka, there's not much a basic GM would have available in terms of weapons that it could mount there.

But this is just one fellow's opinion.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
False Prophet

Anyone here think that there is a "genetic legacy" in U.C MS designs in spin-offs manga nowadays? If you look closer, you could see there is something really similar between newer designs such as the Zero Shiki, the Pale Rider, and the GM Dominance (for example, the bigger thruster mounted on the sides of the legs, or the fact that original GM designs never have that many lines and seams running on the machine's surface.)
Gelgoog Jager

You mean something like the AMX-014 being retconned to be based on the ORX-013?

Or the RGM-79SP now serving as the predecessor which inspired the Nemo's leg thruster arrangement?
False Prophet

Gelgoog Jager wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:39 pm You mean something like the AMX-014 being retconned to be based on the ORX-013?

Or the RGM-79SP now serving as the predecessor which inspired the Nemo's leg thruster arrangement?
Yeah, something like that, but I want to talk more about the aesthetic side of things. Things like the head design.