Order of Occurence of Char's Counterattack's Development

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
doghunter1

Order of Occurence of Char's Counterattack's Development

Skipping Hi-Streamer, would this be correct on Char's Counterattack and associated printed media:

1. While ZZ was still running in 1987, Tomino has Hi-Streamer published. Sunrise decides to greenlight a movie adaptation. The movie was therefore named Gyakushu no Sha (Char's Counterattack).

2. After ZZ concluded airing, Tomino writes up a draft of the script, where Amuro contemplates settling down and starting a family with Beltorchika after his business with Char. Sunrise tells Tomino to omit that little tidbit.

3. After Char's Counterattack (film) comes out, Tomino novelizes his original draft of CCA into Beltorchika's Children.
toysdream

Re: Order of Occurence of Char's Counterattack's Development

As far as I know, yes. Pretty much everything in the CCA movie - Chan instead of Beltorchika, the names of Nanai and Gyunei, Sazabi instead of Nightingale - is based on Hi-Streamer rather than the Beltorchika's Children version.

-- Mark
Gelgoog Jager

Re: Order of Occurence of Char's Counterattack's Development

In a somewhat related note, is there any mention on whether the greenlit of Char's Counterattack affected the ending of ZZ? I'm not talking about issues such as Glemy replacing Char, but rather if the staff were asked to follow/push certain events to pave the way for CCA, such as:

-Kill Haman
-Neo Zeon does not keep control of Side 3
-The EF captures Axis
-Leave no organized Neo Zeon force by the end of the series

A while ago I read the novel version of the original Gundam series which had a quite different ending from the canon version, and it made me wonder if originally ZZ might had been meant to have a different ending considering the events that affected the development of the series, as well as the turn of events that took place before the civil war at Side 3.