New SEED Astray manga to run on Gundam Ace

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Dark Duel

Re: New SEED Astray manga to run on Gundam Ace

I dunno...something about its lines, and especially the head, reminds me more of Testament/ Out Frame. I suppose Turn-Delta is also possible, though it has apparently much slimmer legs.
// ART THREAD // NOT ACCEPTING REQUESTS

"You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turn of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she ought to fall down. Tells you she's hurting before she keens. Makes her a home."
Deacon Blues

This won't be a monthly serialization but rather a "random" one... probably because of the other manga Tokita has going...
merklich

I kind of doubt it's after Destiny's end, but VS Astray instead.
Mina did not know about HE(with/without helmet), Carbon Un-nou and Lily yet before that time.

Also someone important did not appear here...
Deacon Blues

I summarized it on my website for those interested.

It takes place after Destiny. Shinn and Lunamaria can be seen on the moon witnessing the collapse of Messiah. Not sure how this is going to be, but Mina is searching for someone to take her place as the "guardian of the world". A successor who will become her daughter as the "Princess of the Heavens".

I can just see the finale now:

The two girls are nervous in front of Mina's throne.

Mina sits, contemplating.

"This is going to be a very tough decision. One of you will walk away from here with nothing. The other will earn the right to call me Auntie Mina."
AmuroNT1

So it's "The Bachelorette" only with adoption...

Also, apparently one of the girls is Kazahana from Serpent Tail. I can't help but wonder if her mother Loretta is okay with this.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Wingnut

AmuroNT1 wrote:Also, apparently one of the girls is Kazahana from Serpent Tail. I can't help but wonder if her mother Loretta is okay with this.
Probably not, but it's not like Mina's gonna give her a say in the matter if her daughter is the one she chooses.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.
Amion

Dare I ask where Lacus is in all this? Is she ok with Mina cosplaying as her? :P
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Zeonista

Shadowcell is the man at speculative plot elements. :D

This sounds like it could be a fun manga story. I always liked the Astray stories for filling in the corners of CE and treating the cast nicer than a certain anime director. The next generation setup is interesting although I am sure the first generation will be around to be helpful when needed.

I have no hope for a SEED movie, that ship has sailed for Jupiter.
"I am fire. I am death. I am Hashmal."

"Discontent is the first step in the progress for a man or a nation." - Oscar Wilde
Amion

Afraid to say, but yeah, the movie is arriving at Mars about now. Don't worry, it's pulling an Axis on us. The remasters were just cheep Stardust Memory filler that didn't actually matter to the true Return. :wink:

Then again, waaaaay into the far flung future, when SEED is ancient, we'll get a SEED movie at long last, done by new directors and writers because Fukuda and his wife are dead or retired. All the proponents for the movie will go, "We told you so! Finally!" The opponents, "Yeah, fifty years after we first got 'confirmation' on this." And the rest of the fans will just be like, "eh...what exactly is SEED?"

Within all this time, we'll have had about the whole greek alphabet of Astrays, and will be on the Omega Astray storyline about Mina Sahaku's successor's successor's successor coming into their own.
merklich

New chapter will be out at the 26th this week.
It will be officially the start of the series.
Amion

The first thing is showing good Mina sticking Lacus in a tube and informing her that she's no longer necessary. That, or we'll get a scene of her building her Death Star-sized Haro near the PLANTS.

Fear, PLANT Council. Fear of this Pop concert station will keep the local governments in line.
Deacon Blues

merklich wrote:New chapter will be out at the 26th this week.
Uh... the series started already. The prologue was serialized last month. Ergo, it officially started :P
Amion

You'd be amazed how many people consider prologues apostasy, Deacon. It's no surprise that some people don't consider the prologue a beginning.

I, oddly enough, despite loving prologues in general concept, didn't consider last weak a true start either. Sure, it was the official beginning of it, but it felt more like a blurb, too short to give much other than what's already stated.

So I guess we should be saying: next chapter is the first issue with relevant content.
merklich

Deacon Blues wrote:
merklich wrote:New chapter will be out at the 26th this week.
Uh... the series started already. The prologue was serialized last month. Ergo, it officially started :P
It's about less than 10 pages so I haven't considered it "starting" yet... it only exposes the protagonists at the last page?

Maybe my wording came off as otherwise, because I said "officially the start" before. :lol:
balofo

First chapter is set in Kingdom of Scandinavia, the largest neutral place in the CE universe.
Amion

Really?! That haven of tranquility and non-aggression and peace and high living standards that so far has managed to avoid near-disaster, war, invasion and series focus? Surely you're confusing it with someplace else.

Ah, Scandinavia, the place that essentially did what Orb tried, only avoided that little scandal of building walking superweapons, and thus avoided its unfortunate fate. Alas, now you must face exposure.
Deathzealot

And the Birthplace of a certain dead PLANT Supreme Chairman.
Amion

Which one was that?