New SEED Astray manga to run on Gundam Ace

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
balofo

New SEED Astray manga to run on Gundam Ace

Princess of the Heavens, starts next month

http://i.imgur.com/FoSpITH.jpg

The ride never ends!
ShadowCell

Re: New SEED Astray manga to run on Gundam Ace

the new conflict starts when Windows 10 gets pushed on Eight, which causes all kinds of compatibility issues that screw up the Red Frame, which has also now been upgraded with GN Drives, despite the fact that GN Drives come from an entirely different timeline, because something something Gundam EXA something, which leads to Lowe discovering a forgotten ZAFT superweapon because y'know sometimes we just make superweapons and forget about them it happens to everyone don't judge, which leads Lowe and Friends to discover the evil secret cabal that keeps taking existing Cosmic Era mecha designs, slightly rearranging their components, and then claiming that they're new machines and releasing gunpla of them, which leads to a ludicrous showdown where Gai is all broody and Lowe says dumb things because Lowe gonna Lowe and every other character from this entire franchise has a cameo somehow and it's basically a redux of every single other ASTRAY story ever, for which Lowe develops the all-new ultra-powerful Beam Stapler, and also there are clones or something i guess i dunno, and then the evil cabal of gunpla merchants is defeated and this godforsaken zombified sidestory series can finally sink into the sweet rewarding embrace of oblivion, and then at the end Nick Fury shows up saying the Avengers need a spastic junk tech and a sassy talking briefcase

multiple sauces, cans confirm
Kuruni

Problem, ShadowCell, you don't mention even single word for "princess". So it's like joke with big setup but no punchline.

So I call this, they accidently upload Cagalli's brain into device similar to George' GG unit and now must preserve her body and mind in heavily modidfied Astray series that look like giant MS girl version of Cagalli/Strike Rouge (Princess Astray...good name).
My girlfriend was a loli.
ShadowCell

my mentions of this hypothetical princess figure correspond to her projected actual importance to the plot
balofo

New character by Ueda and new MS by Astrays confirmed.
Deacon Blues

Where? Nothing in the scan says that...
BrentD15

ShadowCell wrote:the new conflict starts when Windows 10 gets pushed on Eight, which causes all kinds of compatibility issues that screw up the Red Frame, which has also now been upgraded with GN Drives, despite the fact that GN Drives come from an entirely different timeline, because something something Gundam EXA something, which leads to Lowe discovering a forgotten ZAFT superweapon because y'know sometimes we just make superweapons and forget about them it happens to everyone don't judge, which leads Lowe and Friends to discover the evil secret cabal that keeps taking existing Cosmic Era mecha designs, slightly rearranging their components, and then claiming that they're new machines and releasing gunpla of them, which leads to a ludicrous showdown where Gai is all broody and Lowe says dumb things because Lowe gonna Lowe and every other character from this entire franchise has a cameo somehow and it's basically a redux of every single other ASTRAY story ever, for which Lowe develops the all-new ultra-powerful Beam Stapler, and also there are clones or something i guess i dunno, and then the evil cabal of gunpla merchants is defeated and this godforsaken zombified sidestory series can finally sink into the sweet rewarding embrace of oblivion, and then at the end Nick Fury shows up saying the Avengers need a spastic junk tech and a sassy talking briefcase

multiple sauces, cans confirm
I laughed so hard at this. :lol:
"To you who will watch, I offer a heart filled with gratitude." -Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G, Episode 25
balofo

Deacon Blues wrote:Where? Nothing in the scan says that...
Tokita and Chiba twitters, these days you have to follow the staff to get new info

Anyway here is the 1st teaser showing Mina and Gold Frame

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKvQNr6VEAAF-0O.jpg
Deacon Blues

So Tokita is the one that came up with the subtitle "Princess of the Heavens"... and they're saying that even if you haven't read the other Astray stories, you don't need to in order to understand this one.

As for mecha, I think you meant to say BEE-CRAFT (aka Junichi Akutsu).
ShadowCell

Deacon Blues wrote:So Tokita is the one that came up with the subtitle "Princess of the Heavens"... and they're saying that even if you haven't read the other Astray stories, you don't need to in order to understand this one.
not that it helped you understand the previous ones
Deacon Blues

Yeah, when Frame Astrays rolled around and they killed off Barry Ho, I kinda just went... "Yeah, Destiny Astray was the last good title for the series."
Antares

Points to ShadowCell for the laughs. :D
I've let go of CE, and fondly revisit it only in memories. The makers of that timeline could just let it drift off to sleep. Just let it go (cue Frozen).
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Deathzealot

Nope sorry Antares I am too much a fan of the Cosmic Era to let it go like that. This I do admit is mostly due to it being the one anime that help me entrench myself into anime in general and the first show I actually watched through the entire series. With the recent hype over the Movie, and now this. I am actually excited for CE right now.

I do admit however lately that I am not much of a fan of the Astray series anymore. It is a fun read, I do admit, but when taken together with SEED itself it just falls short. I really hope we get more info on this. I cannot wait!
Antares

Deathzealot wrote:Nope sorry Antares I am too much a fan of the Cosmic Era to let it go like that. This I do admit is mostly due to it being the one anime that help me entrench myself into anime in general and the first show I actually watched through the entire series. With the recent hype over the Movie, and now this. I am actually excited for CE right now.
Wait, WHAT?! What rumors for a movie?! I had let that dream go not too long ago and decided to rewatch once more GS and GSD on that note. I demand more information on this!

GS holds a similarly special place in my heart too (a gateway drug, if you will). You say you're having a tough time letting go, I'm still rewriting my Gundam Seed Phoenix fanfic into a newer (and hopefully better) format on my downtime. :oops:

The sidestories are just as ShadowCell said above, but the idea of getting the blue-haired one back in a mobile suit kicking ass.... Oh my... If this hype or rumor turns out to be only that, I will forever hate all people responsible for making me dream again. :evil:
-We will not be caught by surprise!
*Almost everyone I've killed uttered similar last words.
-Then I am glad once again that you are on my side.
*They've often said that too.
Deathzealot

Apparently around a month ago Bandai released a statement that said that maybe we are getting a SEED movie. Nothing more then that.
Antares wrote: GS holds a similarly special place in my heart too (a gateway drug, if you will). You say you're having a tough time letting go, I'm still rewriting my Gundam Seed Phoenix fanfic into a newer (and hopefully better) format on my downtime. :oops:
Good I am not the only one who is doing this. Still looking at my SEED fanfictions to see what I can do with them. Or creating new ones. /sigh/ I have a laundry list of various SEED Fanfiction Ideas that may never see the light of day.
Brave Fencer Kirby

I'd have to look it up again for the exact phrasing, but the answer they gave was much more noncommittal than that. It was basically an elaborate "no comment", to the effect of "well, we're not saying it's happening, but we're not saying it's not happening, either".
Fighting evil so you don't have to!
vrj_rrls_2015

Is there any chance of this ever being scanlated?
Last edited by vrj_rrls_2015 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris
Administrator

We don't discuss that here.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Mythgarr

More Astrays. Hopefully if they made a HG kits out of those it'll use new engineering. The old one has problems with sideskirts....
Visit The Dreams
AmuroNT1

I know it's a bit late, but...
Deacon Blues wrote:As for mecha, I think you meant to say BEE-CRAFT (aka Junichi Akutsu).
"ASTRAYS" is a pen-name used by Akutsu for his work on the Astray series.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power