The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk I

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
RyuseiDateSRX

Re: The Official Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Anime Thread Mk

But multiple places seem to say that MAN WITH A MISSION is doing the opening song and that the song is Raise the Flag.
Destiny_Gundam

That video is probably fan made, but the song is legit, apparently. ANN has it listed as the opening.
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Arbiter GUNDAM

Join us next time for another episode of "Gundam Mythbusters!"
I can fly if I ride the wind! Gori gori!

--Freyja Wion
Amion

Our topic next week: exactly how tall is the RX-78.
They don't know the power of a balanced vision.
Ceiling_Squid

Destiny_Gundam wrote:That video is probably fan made, but the song is legit, apparently. ANN has it listed as the opening.
Ah, I stand corrected, then!

Not big into the song, but I'll have to see how the official opening looks once the show starts simulcasting. Sometimes the strength of an opening's animation and style can make up for a so-so choice of music.
Arbiter GUNDAM

Amion wrote:Our topic next week: exactly how tall is the RX-78.
Also: Does the Juaggu really exist? ;)

--Freyja Wion
SonicSP

Re: The Official Gundam The Origin Anime Thread Mk I

Really loved the first episode. Setup some of the background nicely, really love Orga and Mika's personalities. I even like Princess Bernsteins for some reason.
Spoiler
The way the episode starts and ends with Mik asking Orga for orders thing is nice.
And I'm also glad there's actually a good reason for the show to be called "Iron Blooded Orphans".
Arbiter GUNDAM

And in what seems like a typical case of mixing up info, even though the announcement said that the North American stream would be available on Daisuki, Youtube and Hulu... it's not on Hulu at all and the Youtube stream is blocked, at least in the United States.

--Freyja Wion
Ryujin

First episode has aired, and I'm liking it so far.

Biscuit actually seems to be one of the more competent individuals around, and I enjoyed how the mobile workers' armour actually offers a modicum of protection against enemy fire, instead of being OHOK-tier.

Daisuki.net's subtitles had some awkward bits & misspellings, though. Gave me a rushed impression.

Also, the domestic TV version apparently featured the opening animation, unlike the streaming version, which only had scrolling credits on a black background.
RyuseiDateSRX

Oh man I loved the episode! Good tease with Barbatos at the end. Was awesome. I like Mikazuki and Orga and their team mates. I like Kudelia. She's so cute, and looks cute too.
Ryujin wrote:Also, the domestic TV version apparently featured the opening animation, unlike the streaming version, which only had scrolling credits on a black background.
Man, that's bullcrap if it's true. Why did they cut out the OP animation on stream? I actually was thinking they might show the animation at the end like they did with first episode of 00 second season and other Sunrise mecha anime like Valvrave, but then I saw black screen and thought "oh ok I guess they're saving it for next episode". But then I hear TV version shows the opening. Man I hope someone captured it. Time to hunt.

I like the song. It's good. I love the violin intro.

Can't wait to watch more! Iron-Blooded Orphans started off well and I'm loving it so far!

EDIT: HERE IT IS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3qT3Nqc_6g
Spoiler
Wow, I loved it! That was so awesome and I loved the Gundam and other mobile suit action in it, and how it went with the chorus! Pilot suits are confirmed. I guess they support the back connectors. But yeah, that was one awesome opening animation and song! Gonna watch it more and more!
Gundam0089

First episode was nice, I enjoyed it. I'll be tuning in.

Still pretty goddamn pissed off the English region videos on yotlutube are locked. Fuck you Gundam.Info.
Last edited by Gundam0089 on Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dendrobium Stamen

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:And in what seems like a typical case of mixing up info, even though the announcement said that the North American stream would be available on Daisuki, Youtube and Hulu... it's not on Hulu at all and the Youtube stream is blocked, at least in the United States.
Not just the US, the UK too. So unless it's unaffected in Australia and/or New Zealand, the official YouTube channel is blocking the English sub in all the major English-speaking territories... :roll:

Daisuki seems to be working though, so that's something, at least?
"Trust me, I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer.
A Wind Raging Through, a Destiny sidestory.
Kuruni

Yeah, that's awesome, very good start.

I alway have soft spot on mobile worker and it's great to see them take spotlight here.

It is also more gritty and down to earth than usual too.
Spoiler
Despite being first episode, I think most of us can predict that Danji won't survive the moment he talk about being hero.
My girlfriend was a loli.
Deacon Blues

The first episode was definitely an interesting start to the series. A couple of classic tropes going on, but otherwise it wasn't bad.
Ryujin wrote:Daisuki.net's subtitles had some awkward bits & misspellings, though. Gave me a rushed impression.
Not sure if they were different from the Hulu subs, but there were no issues there aside from timing delays. Though there was the one awkward line when Orga announces that he's arrived with four others and there are only three present (unless he meant the guy from 1st Corps too).

And is it me or am I getting a secret ninja vibe from Kudelia's assistant? I mean she was dressed in .3 seconds when the attack happened...
RyuseiDateSRX

Deacon Blues wrote:And is it me or am I getting a secret ninja vibe from Kudelia's assistant? I mean she was dressed in .3 seconds when the attack happened...
Lol, she would be like that maid girl from Code Geass!
Dendrobium Stamen

Okay, so that's episode 1 watched. I like it!

Decent pacing, nice bit of exposition without being too heavy-handed, interesting universe and setup - looking forward to seeing where Iron-Blooded Orphans is going. The lack of energy weapons is an interesting conceit; I'm wondering if Ahab Reactor technology doesn't allow for it, or whether the ability to produce beam weapons was simply lost in the war 300 years beforehand?

Getting a very Zone of the Enders vibe so far, with the MWs standing in for LEVs, and the MS standing in for Orbital Frames... not a bad thing mind you, I really enjoy the ZOE universe.
RX-92

Arbiter GUNDAM wrote:And in what seems like a typical case of mixing up info, even though the announcement said that the North American stream would be available on Daisuki, Youtube and Hulu... it's not on Hulu at all and the Youtube stream is blocked, at least in the United States.
Took some digging but its on Hulu but for subscribers only
http://www.hulu.com/watch/852258
Funi's and Crunchyroll's won't be till next week

Sucks that Gudnaminfo's youtube video is region locked could be a screw up on their end or its just temporary to allow the streaming services to get a head start on streaming it.
nacho-wan

RyuseiDateSRX wrote:
Deacon Blues wrote:And is it me or am I getting a secret ninja vibe from Kudelia's assistant? I mean she was dressed in .3 seconds when the attack happened...
Lol, she would be like that maid girl from Code Geass!
Maybe Sunrise wants to start a maid-ninja trope since there is no maskedman in sight on this show?

I liked very much this episode -not as good as 00's first- but pretty strong. They did quite enough world building and did some good action sequecen with just the tank-like mobile workers. Barbatos entrance was the cherry top!
Aun cuando mil millones de personas acepten una idea absurda, sigue siendo absurda.
Although a thousand million people accept an absurd idea, it still is an absurd idea
-Henry I. Miller
Dendrobium Stamen

RX-92 wrote:Sucks that Gudnaminfo's youtube video is region locked could be a screw up on their end or its just temporary to allow the streaming services to get a head start on streaming it.
GundamInfo's region-locking on YouTube is incredibly frustrating; none of their "(ENG Sub)" playlists seem to be viewable in the UK at the moment. The last viewable one was SEED, as I recall, but last I checked that was locked now too.

I'd just planned to make another run through 00, as well...
Wingnut

Well, that region locking definitely raises a flag. That song also has wormed its way into my ear like a Ceti Alpha V sand leach, and I love it.

Also they managed to get the Gundam from sitting on its duff power source to operational mobile suit quite quickly. Kinda surprised me in that sense.
The Gundam wiki

"Reality makes a crappy special effects crew." - Adam Savage

R.I.P., SDGO.