Yuri and Yaoi

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
ShadowCell

Re: Yuri and Yaoi

um i lost interest in MLP a good while ago but unless the showrunners got remarkably bold since i stopped paying attention, that's not a show that has any "yuri" in it.
AmuroNT1

When I said I gave the writers credit, I mainly meant that since it's supposed to be a kids' show, it'd be all too easy to phone it in, but they don't and for that they have my respect.
Sakuya: "Whatever. Stop lying and give up your schemes, now."
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

-Touhou 07.5 ~ Immaterial and Missing Power
Henyo

ShadowCell wrote:um i lost interest in MLP a good while ago but unless the showrunners got remarkably bold since i stopped paying attention, that's not a show that has any "yuri" in it.
yeah,that's what i tell myself. i just don't see the yuri in MLP. and my friend said my yuri credentials ain't complete if i don't like MLP yuri.(made me go O_O) we're not one of those "hates cartoons because anime is WAY better" people BTW.
Someone I know tried to get me into SU simply by showing the clip that suggested one character was gay, as if that was all it would take to get me into the show.
if that were that case then there'd be a LOT of Yuri fans right now.
at least for SU we have words from the creators. there is an actual yuri couple in the show.

i have to note this though.
same boat as __ and Kantai Collection
that was a good one!
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
AmuroNT1

I wasn't actually making a joke. :P
Yukari: (Which lies and schemes are she talking about? It's hard to keep track of them all...)

Android raptor

Yeah, MLP Yuri is pretty much fandom only. I've heard good things about SU, but the fandom has admitedlly put me off from being super interested until the hype cools down (plus I don't know if there's anywhere I can watch in on mobile).
Let me show you my Pokemons!
Liking characters no one else does since 1989.
Henyo

Android raptor wrote:Yeah, MLP Yuri is pretty much fandom only. I've heard good things about SU, but the fandom has admitedlly put me off from being super interested until the hype cools down (plus I don't know if there's anywhere I can watch in on mobile).
fandom only huh...what about Frozen? if it weren't for the rampant yuri fanart i
wouldn't pay any attention to it. that and I've fallen out of 3d movies lately..

@amuroNT: any link of that said video?

currently at episode 6 of SU. so far so good. or maybe its just my longing to follow a cartoon again...

still waiting for Morinaga's Girl Friends to be animated... :D
AmuroNT1

Afraid I'm not sure what video you're talking about.

Henyo

AmuroNT1 wrote:Someone I know tried to get me into SU simply by showing the clip that suggested one character was gay, as if that was all it would take to get me into the show.
this. used the wrong word. my bad. if it aint on youtube, can i get the episode number at least? reallt curios about that clip.

this is what made me try SU
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature ... rse/.91130

anyone watched Bee trains's Girls with guns trilogy?
AmuroNT1

I don't know the episode, all I know is it was a musical number called something like "Do It For Him/Her".

Henyo

finally have something interesting to share.

Gobiano has an article titled :Top 20 Yaoi Anime Chosen by the Fans

i'm reluctant to post the link as the article has two NSFW images.

as for the article itself, there's no animated adaptation of Bara mangas. i wouldn't mind trying one if its story is like Sasameki Koto. or if i were to lower my tolerance level, somewhere around Nekoyama-san or Yuru Yuri will be enough.
Henyo

comrades! i want to know your opinion on one particular yaoi series:

Yuri on Ice

it's been making a lot of buzz since last year up to now.
that said, the last half of 2016 and had been good for the Yaoi side. the aforementioned Yuri on Ice and the Dokyusei-Classmates-

of course not everything can be good news. Citrus and NTR Netsuzou Trap will be adapted into anime.
AmuroNT1

Well, I can say something happened that kind of annoyed me today.

So they recently announced that Kamen Rider W (Double) would be getting a sequel. If you aren't into KR, the series has a buddy cop dynamic, with one of the mains being a detective who WANTS to be hardboiled but is too emotional and impulsive to pull it off, and the other being a young man with access to all the planet's knowledge but very little real-life experience (the very definition of "High Intelligence, Low Wisdom"). Together they solve crimes and protect their city from super-criminals by transforming into a hero that combines both of them together.

Well, what annoyed me was that on ANN's article about the sequel, someone in the comments basically claimed that the fujoshi fandom surrounding the show is the only reason it got this much attention. The reason this bugs me is because Double was a fantastic series all around, and I hate the idea of someone throwing away all the hard work that went into the show - the writing, the acting, the direction, etc. - just so they can try to claim that their niche fandom is more powerful than it really is.

Henyo

just finished W recently(with Dearest Mother of course!!!)

checks ANN W sequel article comments..

WTFRAG?

W, as AmuroNT1 said, is a great KR series! it's better than the current Ex-Aid if you ask me! it has that nice blend of humor and seriousness. it having BL undertones is an unintended side effect.(not without it's good effects though. viewers are still viewers!)

if we're talking about OVER 9000 BL in KR then that honor goes to Kuuga. Ichijou-san and Godai is one of those pairs that i wouldn't mind ending up as canon.

but really, the mindset that 2 close guys = BL = popularity should be given killed.(unless of course it IS canon in the story)

just look at Yuri on Ice. even if you remove the Yaoi it's still a well made sports anime.
Kuruni

AmuroNT1 wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:26 pm Well, I can say something happened that kind of annoyed me today.

So they recently announced that Kamen Rider W (Double) would be getting a sequel. If you aren't into KR, the series has a buddy cop dynamic, with one of the mains being a detective who WANTS to be hardboiled but is too emotional and impulsive to pull it off, and the other being a young man with access to all the planet's knowledge but very little real-life experience (the very definition of "High Intelligence, Low Wisdom"). Together they solve crimes and protect their city from super-criminals by transforming into a hero that combines both of them together.

Well, what annoyed me was that on ANN's article about the sequel, someone in the comments basically claimed that the fujoshi fandom surrounding the show is the only reason it got this much attention. The reason this bugs me is because Double was a fantastic series all around, and I hate the idea of someone throwing away all the hard work that went into the show - the writing, the acting, the direction, etc. - just so they can try to claim that their niche fandom is more powerful than it really is.
Well, at least it's just some idiotic fans. You should be more prepare for actual sequel itself, for example, what if its full name is Kamen Rider W: Frozen Teardrop? :P (not that I think it will be, but it isn't totally impossible either)
My girlfriend was a loli.
AmuroNT1

Nah, Frozen Teardrop actually supported heterosexual pairings.

Kuruni

So you finally able to get over the whole "ignoring everything set by original work and tie everyone into one big family" thing? Good to heard that.

(well, the previous post was simply a lame pun afterall)
My girlfriend was a loli.
Henyo

about that W Sequel:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ou/.118122

Why do i have the feeling that this will be used as further evidence of W's supposed "popularity only because of BL"
:idea:
AmuroNT1

Kuruni wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:49 am So you finally able to get over the whole "ignoring everything set by original work and tie everyone into one big family" thing? Good to heard that.

(well, the previous post was simply a lame pun afterall)
Not really, I still hate FT. I just know that it didn't go down the yaoi path.

Also, I'm actually cautiously optimistic about this W manga.