Aquarion Logos

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
Iris Scope

Re: Aquarion Logos

BEST FILLER EP. YET!!!!

Great couples development with Akira/Maia and a little Tsutomu/Shoko thrown in for good measure. Of course, the plot kicks in at the end with a little bit of Akira possibly fighting off side effects from being in the new Aquarion and Maia receiving a visit from Nesta.
Destiny_Gundam

... You don't actually know what "filler" means, do you?
"In the end, the world doesn't really need a Superman... Just a brave one."
Iris Scope

Destiny_Gundam wrote:... You don't actually know what "filler" means, do you?
Well, if straying from the action part of mecha fighting and reincarnations by concentrating on the love aspect qualifies as filler, then idk. :oops:
Destiny_Gundam

Filler is a term used for anime original content created to 'fill' time when an adaptation gets too close to where the original work is. Typically they have no significant impact on the story as a whole and many would describe them as skippable.

This episode had a lot of important character moments which are just as vital as any action scene.
Iris Scope

Oh, then i apologize for classifying this ep. as filler. I almost forgot to note that Karan's kawaii voice is SO hypnotizing that she CLEARLY has a bright future in the seiyuu business! :mrgreen:
Raikoh

"Filler" isn't entirely inaccurate but perhaps "breather" is the right term here.

I absolutely love both Akira and Maia individually, and together they managed to get some good laughs out of me. There were so many callbacks and little gags in this episode, it was great. I'm actually quite surprised at how un-dramatically the relationship between Tsutomu and Shoko kicked off, as well as how Shoko is fine with things that most girls in anime would end up being super mad about. They've got nice chemistry so good for them.

Curious as to what exactly is going on with Akira and if he can get his happy ending. Unless said happy ending involves sacrificing himself to become a true savior or something.
THE WORLD IS NOT SQUARE
Iris Scope

This week's latest episode could very well easily be my most favorite yet with all the revelations given such as Maia being Nesta's reincarnation, Subete being Maia's "father" in a way, Akira disappearing from memory due to being in the cursed Aquarion, and Kengo's supposed betrayal which seemed to be implied when he revealed he wasn't really a Shirobaco employee to begin with and was on loan from the government. Speaking of which, agents infiltrated Shirobaco and the Earth is getting dark again so the final arc is likely to begin without delay and i am eagerly anticipating each step.
Iris Scope

Newest episode really brought out the psychotic side of Nesta and proves that Subete might not be all that evil if he still cares about Maia a little bit. My prediction of Kengo being a traitor turned out to be a red herring so that was a relief. The biggest tragedy, of which i predict won't be the last, was the last moment of the episode when
Spoiler
Tsutomu succumbed to his gunshot wounds after piloting his Aquarion one last time. But at least he went out like a champion thinking of his beloved Shoko which was a touching moment indeed.
Henyo

FOKKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Owarai wa owari da. i cannot believe they killed that character. Despite that though, Logos has really proven to be a good mecha show. makes me laugh at that Super quick review posted at My Anime List.(when only 2 episodes of Logos have been aired.)
"If you like Aquarion, something is wrong with your brain.
the reviewer probably hasn't watched many mecha animes. and personally, i consider it a prerequisite to watch a genre's entries from all periods it is available. i;e 70s, 80s, 90 etc.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!
Iris Scope

Nesta's cockiness in taunting Maia about her increasing amnesia concerning Akira makes me wish her comeuppance is particularly a nasty one. Kokone finally acted on her love for the savior with a kiss but even she had to let him go and save his one and only Maia. Shoko was about to pull off some selfish moves of her own due to the Tsutomu loss but a letter from him in the cockpit that idk how he managed to sneak in without anyone knowing changes her will to live and i also don't know how the soldier that unless i didn't catch it at some prior point, recognized her as working in Shirobaco since he supposedly until this episode never appeared, right?
Destiny_Gundam

Apparently he works for Shoko's father and was aware she was working there.

Why would anyone know if Tsutomu brought a letter into his Vector? He snuck in it without anyone noticing. He probably knew he wasn't going to last long and wrote it before he launched for the final time.

Kokone had realised she had no chance with Akira a long time ago. It's nice that she's a graceful loser unlike Zessica. Zessica would get all angsty over Amata's feelings for Mikono but she never made any kind of attempt at winning him over. Kokone didn't try to win over Akira either, but she recognized it was hopeless and is trying to move on and support Maia.
Iris Scope

IDK if Shoko's Zero Verbalism Ability can be considered an Ex Machina but it helped move things along and got her in Tsutomu's cockpit *for the lack of a better word :mrgreen: *. Hayato's moving speech got cold as usual in some respects towards the notion of life after death but rallied the people very well. I got confused as to whether it was Kokone or Karan who said the "He's so hot" line after the speech was over since it sounded so much like Kikogami... As for the long awaited secret of Akira and Maia's past connection, it did shock me that Akira was one of the many orphan children being considered for Subete's replacement but I guess it had to be that way in order to get Akira in close proximity to Maia that fateful night.
Destiny_Gundam

Iris Scope wrote:I got confused as to whether it was Kokone or Karan who said the "He's so hot" line after the speech was over since it sounded so much like Kikogami...
It was just some random woman in the crowd.
Iris Scope

^ Thanks for the clarification.

I also believe I noticed during the montage of the civilians helping Deava the old lady who really loved Tsutomu's comedy videos but I don't think I saw his brother anywhere.
Iris Scope

Well, this latest ep. was interesting to say the least. The first 11 minutes were a stage reading by the main cast while the latter half brought us back to the main story. Although the first half felt in some ways like a distraction due to the structure of telling the events of Nesta's origin story like a play, it did serve it's purpose of giving us juicy info on why her grudge runs deep. I also adored that when Kokone read her lines, she wasn't her usual shy self and more confident in her acting.
Iris Scope

Did I just hear right?! The official episode count was 27 but Akira says next week's the final episode at 26? Maybe 27 is a recap episode of some kind...

Akira and Maia finally reuniting after Nesta's smug arrogance and Subete's manipulations kept them apart was really heartwarming. I'll probably be in the minority but I think Nesta's redemption when Kiryu reads her the exact contents of the letter he wrote her before his execution was a classic case of "too little, too late" when it comes to feeling sorry for her after everything she's done especially to Maia.
Iris Scope

*woefully sighs* And so ends the beautiful saga that Logos gave us. *Until the next entry!*
Spoiler
I never expected Subete to resolve the fight with Akira in such a selfless way while still gloating over his victory over him. :P Truthfully, the most beautiful scene in all the show happens at the very end where Akira is wondering what his purpose in life is now that Subete took the savior title from him before and Maia verbalizes a very cheery title for him to live his life by. And by then, the cherry on the top is the much awaited kiss from the duo that I have devoted these past months and viewings toward! :D
All in all, Logos was all over the place with some characters making you wonder whether they would open up their emotional side and characters just bursting with it but it still had heart mixed with wonderful battles and a booming soundtrack. Enjoy it hardcore fans and newcomers alike! I just got my first Aquarion series on DVD and I intend to watch it soon and hopefully offer my own feedback on the pros and cons alike.
Last edited by Destiny_Gundam on Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Current episode stuff should be spoilered
Destiny_Gundam

Well that certainly ended well.

Logos lacked a lot of the fun and over the top value of the previous two series but it was still good in its own right.
Henyo

and what and end. Cheesy, yet still fitting for the show that runs on craziness that is Aquarion.
and the throwback to the previous series' in episode 25 was unexpected but cool.
wonder what the OVA will be for Logos.

Boys will be boys. Subeta and Akira's name calling was hilarious.

"inconsistent character." to Subete. nailed it right there Kyuseisha man.
MOOK: ITS A YURI FANBOY!