Turn-A Gundam getting a US DVD release!

The place to discuss anything relating to anime or manga.
laj12387

Re: Turn-A Gundam getting a US DVD release!

Ive never pre-ordered anything from Rightstuf before. Do they take your payment when you pre-order or when it ships?

Also the summery at Rightstuf has his name as Loran not Rolan.
monster

SonicSP wrote:I wonder whether they'll use Loran or Rolan?
laj12387 wrote:Also the summery at Rightstuf has his name as Loran not Rolan.
I've always known him as Loran. Is it supposed to be Rolan?
SonicSP

laj12387 wrote:Ive never pre-ordered anything from Rightstuf before. Do they take your payment when you pre-order or when it ships?

Also the summery at Rightstuf has his name as Loran not Rolan.
RightStuf will only charge you when they ship the item, not when you preorder them. This is from personal experience, I even went to check some old emails and they put this in writing. Of course, it's been almost a year since my last order so this is assuming the policy hasn't changed since then.
monster wrote:
SonicSP wrote:I wonder whether they'll use Loran or Rolan?
laj12387 wrote:Also the summery at Rightstuf has his name as Loran not Rolan.
I've always known him as Loran. Is it supposed to be Rolan?
The Japanese Official Turn A page uses Rolan:

http://www.turn-a-gundam.net/character/01.html

But the English Gundam games have used Loran I believe.
monster

Oh wow, it's going to be hard for me to adjust to that, especially since I would've used Roland instead.
mcred23

SonicSP wrote:The Japanese Official Turn A page uses Rolan:

http://www.turn-a-gundam.net/character/01.html

But the English Gundam games have used Loran I believe.
AFAIK they did. Loran has been the only way I can recall its been translated into English for over a decade, going back to the old Official Guide book from 2002.
I must betray Stalindog!!!

RPG TRINARY: Mash
Die Anti-brutale Kraft: mcred23 (Call me 'red', not 'mcred')
LightningCount

Turn-A Gundam Part 2 DVD set now up for pre-order on Rightstuf.com. Includes 3-part Syd Mead interview. August 4th, 2015 release date: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827 ... 5380/4/0/0

...And from my recollection, Rightstuf doesn't charge your card until the item ships. They have really excellent customer service, by the way.
My Mecha/Scifi Novels: https://www.goodreads.com/series/168677 ... -war-arm-x
"May you rest in peace, the betrayed and outraged Milliardo Peacecraft."
Most-Wanted Gundam Anime: Episode Zero, Blue Destiny, Rise from the Ashes, Crossbone
teslashark

But there is only Laura!
Junior mod at forum.spacebattles.com
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

LightningCount wrote:Turn-A Gundam Part 2 DVD set now up for pre-order on Rightstuf.com. Includes 3-part Syd Mead interview. August 4th, 2015 release date: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827 ... 5380/4/0/0

...And from my recollection, Rightstuf doesn't charge your card until the item ships. They have really excellent customer service, by the way.

Thanks for the heads up! I just pre-ordered it now cant wait to get it.
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
Quiddity

Happy to hear that there isn't that short a wait between the first and second sets. Second set should be coming out not that long after I wrap up watching the first set.
MAHQ Staff - Dunbine, L-Gaim, Escaflowne, Ideon, Gasaraki, The Big O, Overman King Gainer, Zambot 3 and FLCL
In my search for justice, I created war. In my search for war, I created death. In my search for death... I have lost my soul.
Wellman

I pre-ordered via Amazon, at least so far they also don't charge the card yet.
Deathzealot

I just got charged for this when it isn't even June yet though I do admit it is pretty close...
Chris
Administrator

Deathzealot wrote:I just got charged for this when it isn't even June yet though I do admit it is pretty close...
Right Stuf will often get stuff before the official release date and then just ship it out right away. Sometimes you'll end up getting stuff two or three weeks later. Sucks if you were planning on the charge falling later.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
MV6000 the Ace Zeon Pilot

Deathzealot wrote:I just got charged for this when it isn't even June yet though I do admit it is pretty close...

I too have been charged and I hope that may mean we might get it earlier than expected.
*Im not removing this signature until ZZ Gundam gets dubbed and is released in America*

Started on October 14,2007
Deathzealot

Eh. Well I got an email saying they tried to charge me but since it was right before my payday there was not enough money in my account to be charged. Therefore it does say they will try again before sending it, but I am wondering if they will.
Quiddity

I've received notification that mine has shipped and should be arriving within the next 2 days. Will have my fingers crossed.
MAHQ Staff - Dunbine, L-Gaim, Escaflowne, Ideon, Gasaraki, The Big O, Overman King Gainer, Zambot 3 and FLCL
In my search for justice, I created war. In my search for war, I created death. In my search for death... I have lost my soul.
Ziryab

Add me amongst those who've been charged as well.

Hopefully this isn't a mistake? We'll all find out soon enough...
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
iguanaman8989

Charged and shipping noticed sent here too (for Part 1). Expected delivery, 5-21-15
Chris
Administrator

Ziryab wrote:Add me amongst those who've been charged as well.

Hopefully this isn't a mistake? We'll all find out soon enough...
It's not a mistake. As has been already said, when Right Stuf gets product in early, they ship it early. You should have gotten (or will be getting) a shipping notification.
Co-founder/editor-in-chief, MAHQ
Pronouns: he/him/his
Ziryab

Sorry bout that, Chris. Didn't check far enough back in the recent posts to really read your reply. And I've been surfing for any other info I could about Turn A's early release. I'm use to the outcome I've seen in the book world, that when a retailer sells a book ahead of a publisher's timetable, heads start to roll and scapegoats are found...

But I'm cool with an unexpected early release. 8) Now I need to figure out a good drink or two that pairs with a Turn A viewing.
Hmm. Luke, this Gundam reminds me of a puzzle.

Steam ID: MediumPunch
3DS FC: 0189 9106 6003
Quiddity

Mine didn't even take the 2 days to arrive, was waiting for me when I got home. No inserts or anything inside the package although the episode titles are on the back side of the cover. DVD art is quite nice and appears to be original art from designer(s) on the show. Type of art that is usually on the Japanese releases and may have been in this case. 6 discs, with 4 episodes each except for the last one. Wish I didn't already have plans tonight, won't be able to start watching any of it til later this week.